Why I recommend Ecobee4?
- Ecobee4 appears with a built-in Amazon Alexa option. Therefore you can set the timer, play music and most importantly adjust the temperature with your Ecobee4 by using your voice. But Ecobee3 does not have built-in Amazon Alexa so you have to connect it separately.
- This smart thermostat has a ‘far voice recognition’ feature. So, you can run your thermostat from far away with your voice; on the other side, Ecobee3 does not contain this incredible feature.
- The manufacturer also connected a speaker to the Ecobee4 thermostat. In contrast, Ecobee3 does not have any speakers. So, you can make it work with your voice and hear back from your thermostat.
- Surprisingly, you are getting all those advanced features with Ecobee4 at a lower cost. That means Ecobee3 costs higher than Ecobee4.
Ecobee3 and Ecobee4 seem like almost the same thermostat, but these unique features make it different and better than Ecobee3. If you want to know about these products’ prices, click the buttons below.
Similar Features in Ecobee3 and Ecobee4
You may want to know their similarities, here we’ve put together some convenient features these thermostats share –
- Ecobee3 and Ecobee4 come with a room sensor. This feature helps to deliver the right temperature according to your needs.
- They have LED touch screens. So you can observe everything from a distance, which is especially nice for anyone with low vision.
- You can control both of them with a mobile app that allows adjusting the settings and controlling the thermostat easily.
- These two have a limited three years warranty that ensures tension-free use for those years.
- They are also compatible motion sensors, hence, the devices will automatically adjust the temperature when you have guests at home or when they leave.
Hopefully, now you understand the similar things these thermostats shares. Now, if you think the Ecobee 3 would be a good choice, you can go with this instead as well.
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 Out of 5||4.8 Out of 5|
|Dimension||3.95 x 3.95 x 0.93||7.56 x 7.44 x 3.46|
|LCD Touch Screen||Yes||Yes|
|Mobile App Control||Yes||Yes|
|Far Voice Recognition||No||Yes|
|Smart Device Support||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||3 Years||3 Years|
Difference and Similarity Between Ecobee3 and Ecobee4
Product Weight and Size
These two thermostats almost seem identical. Still, they are different in weight and dimension. The weight of Ecobee3 is 1.35 pounds. The weight of Ecobee4 is 1.83 pounds. They are two elegant compact smart thermostats. Their dimensions are 3.95 x 3.95 x 0.93 inches for Ecobee3 and 7.56 x 7.44 x 3.46 inches for Ecobee4. They take very small space to fit in and operate.
Room Sensor and Motion Sensor
Ecobee3 and Ecobee4 work with wireless sensors. It works all over the room and collects information about temperature. Then the wireless sensor reports it to the main section. After that, the thermostat report set the perfect temperature recording to the reports. You can make the best use of this sensor by setting it in the large living room, kitchen, or bedroom. These two also come with a motion sensor. This sensor works with your motion. It starts working whenever you enter the room and activate the ‘Home Mood.’ When you are gone from there, it activates the ‘Away Mood.’ Furthermore, it has a ‘Follow Me’ mood to locate you wherever you are at home and adjust the temperature according to you.
The Ecobee4 arrives with a built-in Amazon Alexa feature. There are a microphone and a speaker attached to it. So that you can command and your thermostat can communicate with Alexa voice. In Ecobee, this feature is not built-in, but you can attach it separately. That makes managing your home temperature so easy for you, and you can do it without touching your Ecobee thermostats.
LCD Touch Screen
These two thermostats have an identical LCD touch screen, which is 3.5 inches long. With this screen, you can control the menu. Besides, you can control Alexa through this. You can turn it on or off. You can control the microphone and also can disable or enable the speaker. You can manage your thermostat in the same way in both Ecobee3 and Ecobee4.
Far Voice Recognition
Ecobee4 has an extra feature called far voice recognition. This option permits you to be distant from your thermostat and also be able to manage it. While built-in Alexa allows you to command your thermostats through your voice, the far voice recognition gives you the ability to control it from far away.
Wifi and Mobile App Compatibility
These two thermostats work in wifi, and they both have mobile app compatibility. Therefore they are likely to use wifi for a maximum of their function. If you do not connect them to wifi, they can still work but only as a manual thermostat, not a smart one. You can also control them by connecting them to your mobile app using your smart thermostat, a comfortable one.
The manufacturer Ecobee offers 3 years limited warranty to both of them. As a result, you can get their customer care for three years long and, of course, backup care from the company. This is unquestionably a better warranty deal while you are buying a thermostat.
In conclusion, you can see how Ecobee4 beats Ecobee3 in many features. Its built-in Alexa feature, Far Voice Recognition, and attached speaker make it a final winner against Ecobee3. Although if you are trying to be budget-friendly with your purchasing, then you can get the Ecobee3.
Frequently Asked Questions About Ecobee3 and Ecobee4
|Does Ecobee4 come with a battery backup?
No, Ecobee4 does not come with a battery backup.
Can Ecobee3 be controlled with Amazon Alexa?
Yes, if you connect it separately, then you can control Ecobee3 with Amazon Alexa.
What is the dimension of Ecobee4?
The dimension of Ecobee4 is 7.56 x 7.44 x 3.46 inches.
Can Ecobee3 be self-installed?
Yes, Ecobee3 can be self-installed. It is super easy and takes only 30 minutes.
Does Ecobee4 support Google Home?
Yes, Ecobee4 does support Google Home.
Check out more articles about thermostats from the below links.