Why do I recommend Epson 2100?
- Epson 2100 projector has a larger screen that provides better resolution. On the other hand, Epson 1060 has a comparatively small screen.
- With its 60,000:1 dynamic ratio, the device gives richer detail even in the dark scenes. Furthermore, the contrast ratio increases the image quality and makes it smooth, sharp, and even realistic for you. While 1060 features 15,000:1, so you won’t get a convenient picture from this.
- It has built-in wifi connectivity with the Miracast screen mirroring, this Feature is very useful when it comes to presentation. On the other hand, the Epson 1060 has no built-in wifi, also, it is not an ideal choice for presentation.
- It is compatible with 3D images so that you can experience realistic picture quality from Epson 2100. While 1060 is not a 3D-compatible device.
Epson 2100 is an incredible device that delivers you the best picture quality, 3D compatibility, and smart TV compatibility also includes other fantastic functions. If you want to purchase the best Epson projector between them, 2100 should be your consideration.
- These two devices provide 1080p video quality.
- Both have similar HDMI connectivity technology.
- Epson 1060 and 2100, featuring zoom, also have a 2D keystone.
- They offer Innovative 3LCD technology.
- Both are wired devices.
- They include a built-in speaker for lifelike sound.
- These devices offer a 2-year limited warranty.
- The machines are also compatible with smart streaming devices like Roku, Amazon Fire Stick TV, Apple TV, and so on to let you enjoy buffer-free streaming on the large screen.
- Epson 2100 features the No Rainbow effect that ensures you perfect streaming and plays games efficiently.
|Specifications||Epson 1060||Epson 2100|
|Editor’s Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Dimensions||11.9 x 9.8 x 3.4 inches||12.2 x 11.2 x 4.8 inches|
|Weight||5.60 lbs||6.20 lbs|
|Measurements||3.40″ x 11.90″ x 9.80″||4.80″ x 12.20″ x 11.20″|
|Resolution||Native 1080p (1920 x 1080)||Native 1080p (1920 x 1080)|
|Lamp Type||210 W UHE||200 W UHE|
|Throw Distance||4.5′ – 22.3′||4.7′ – 29.0′|
|Image Brightness||3100 lumen||2500 lumen|
|Image Size||49.81″ – 300.00″||29.96″ – 300.00″|
|Aspect Ratio||16:9 widescreen||Native 16:9 widescreen|
|Contrast Ratio||Up to 15,000:1||Up to 35,000:1|
|Warranty||2 Year Limited||2 Year Limited|
Differences and Similarities Between Epson 2100 vs 1060
Epson 2100 provides better picture quality rather than Epson 1060 though both features with native full HD 2K resolution. 2100 features up to 35,000:1 dynamic contrast, while Epson 1060 has a 15,000:1 ratio. The upgraded projector will give you better detail even in the dark scenes than 1060. However, you will get up to 300 inches of life-sized images, which is up to 25x more extensive than a 60 inches flat panel or virtually on any blank screen or wall.
3 Chip LCD
These projectors feature 3LCD technology, which is an innovative thing in the industry. The 3LCD lets you enjoy amazing scenes with no rainbow effects. At the same time, other traditional projectors do not feature this incredible 3LCD.
Epson provides a quick setup guide that includes everything in detail so that you can easily install it. Be sure to keep the projector on the surface which is durable also level. Select a place that gives proper ventilation as projectors get hot faster. You can install them in the front ceiling or front, rear, or rear ceiling options that best suit you.
Easy to Control
The projectors are built with the power button, menu button, status, lamp, illuminated light with other control panels. Also, they provide a remote, which lets you operate the device efficiently. Remote has the power to volume control everything in between so that it can be used easily.
A quick setup guide, remote control with batteries, the projector, and a power cord. You will get these goodies with Epson 1060 and 2100 Home Cinema. When you get the device for the first time, make sure you read the guide thoroughly to install it. And right after you get them, you can use them properly.
Epson 2100 has a built-in wifi connectivity feature, whereas 1060 is not. The device can directly be connected to your home network system. It’s a very handy feature because you don’t need to connect it to any external and stream videos or play music from the internet. If you want to go with Epson 1060, you will not be able to access the internet.
Design and Weight
If you look at the design of the Epson 1060 and 2100, these two are identically similar. Both share the same control panel on the device. You’ll find a power button, audio out port, two HDMI, PC connection ports, and so on. And in terms of the dimension and weight, they are slightly different.
Epson 1060 dimension is 11.9 inches long, 9.8 inches wide, and 3.4 inches in height, and it is 5.60 lbs. On the other hand, the Epson 2100 is 12.2 x 11.2 x 4.8 inches (L x W x H) and 6.20 lbs. Epson 1060 will take less space, plus the device will be easier to carry rather than 2100.
These two projectors have both USB and HDMI ports that let you connect them to the smart streaming TV. You can connect them to your computer for presentations or to the gaming console if you are a game freak person. Playing games on a large screen is really impressive, but if you use the machine for a long time, it will get hot, which is not good.
However, they also let you connect your smartphone, speakers, and streaming devices like Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick 4K, Apple TV 4K. These devices are compatible with the world’s best networks like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, etc. And Epson projectors let you enjoy your favorite show or movies without a buffer on the large screen.
Epson 2100 can provide you three-dimensional features, but 1060 cannot. It gives you a better experience and will immerse you into the action with its outstanding sound quality. Use a 3D glass, if you want to get the best 3D feel. But the device does not provide any glass, and you’ve to purchase one separately.
You will get a standard two-year warranty on Epson 1060 and 2100 projectors, including a 90-day guarantee on the lamp. The guarantee period covers any servicing if the projector needs. And if you find any defects while using them, you can claim the warranty. But remember, the warranty is only available in the USA. If you live outside of the USA, it will not be valid. However, these are built with high-quality material, so you can use them for years to come.
Epson 2100 is clearly the best projector version here compared to the Epson 1060. It is incredible to provide you the best image quality, connected to any 3D device, and has wifi connectivity, including other things discussed above. If you want to experience the best projector, this should be your consideration. But you are going to use the projector, so take your choices into consideration to choose the best one for your home.
Frequently Asked Questions about Epson 1060 vs 2100
|Can I connect a soundbar Via Bluetooth to 1060?
No, the projector does not have a Bluetooth function that’s why you cannot do it. But it lets you use the external speakers.
Does 2100 have a 3D function?
Yes, the device has a 3D function, you will need 3D glasses for the best function.
What is the replacement bulb in Epson 1060?
The replacement bulb means the device features a 1080p 3LCD Projector.
Can I mount a projector on a standard tripod?
No, it is not recommended to mount a projector on the tripod because a projector is a heavier machine that requires a sturdy place.
What is the warranty on these projectors?
Epson projectors come with a two-year warranty on the machine and 90-days on the lamp.
Can I connect the smart TV with Epson 2100?
Yes, Epson 2100 lets you connect your smart TV, and you can enjoy buffer-free streaming from the world’s best network.
Read more comparisons here.
- The expertise field of Rony Jahid is printer and grill machine. He helps people find the best items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Grill machine2022.05.16Weber Performer Premium vs Deluxe – See which one is the best.
- Projector2021.11.03Epson 2150 vs 3100 – Check Our Recommendation!
- Projector2021.10.30Epson 4000 vs 4010 – Learn Why You Should Invest in Epson 4010!
- Doorbell2021.10.27Ring 2 vs Ring Pro – Check which Doorbell you can pick?