Epson 2150 and 3100 both projectors deliver vibrant images when you stream movies, games, and so on. When it comes to choosing the best one between these two, you should go with Epson 3100.
Why you should go with Epson 3100?
- Epson 3100 operating distance is up to 32 ft while 2100 provides 11 ft. So, you can enjoy entertainment on a widescreen even from a long-distance Epson 3100.
- Both feature up to a 60,000:1 contrast ratio, but this will deliver you better picture quality since it has 2,600 lumens color brightness. While the Epson 2150 has 2,500 lumens, so you can watch true color for HD videos, the sharp and smooth image in this.
- It has a better speaker than Epson 2150, and you can hear properly even if you are not close to the projector. Besides, unless you sitting behind or close to the Epson 2150, you won’t listen properly.
- The vertical keystone of Epson 3100 adjustment is 60 degrees, whereas 2150 has 30 degrees.
- Epson 3100 fan is quiet that saves the bulb a bit, and you won’t notice the noise even when you are playing games. But the 2150 fan is not quite, and the device will get hot quickly.
These were the handy features of Epson 3100 that made it a fantastic projector, so you can consider this one. Simply press the button below if you wanna know the price.
- Both projectors provide Full HD 1080p and widescreen 3D performance which lets you enjoy movies, games, and more in sharp detail.
- Epson projectors are streaming devices compatible. So, you can easily stream content from devices like Apple TV, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV.
- Built with 3LCD technology that ensures beautiful images without any rainbow effect.
- Both have a 200 W UHE type lamp that assures minimal power consumption.
- They have a 60,000:1 contrast ratio that gives you rich detail in dark scenes.
If you are happy with these similar functions then you can choose any of these projectors. But if you want smooth performance with improved features then you have to pick Epson 3100.
Quick Comparison: Epson 2150 vs 3100
|Specifications||Epson 2150||Epson 3100|
|Editor’s Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Dimension||12.2 x 11.2 x 4.8 inches||16.1 x 12 x 6.4 inches|
|Weight||7.7 pounds||14.6 pounds|
|Brightness||2,500 Lumens||2,600 Lumens|
|Projection System||Epson 3LCD, 3-chip technology||Epson 3LCD, 3-chip technology|
|Contrast Ratio||Up to 60,000:1||Up to 60,000:1|
|Resolution||Full HD 1080p||Full HD 1080p|
|Fan Noise||29 dB – 37 dB||24 dB – 35 dB|
|Speaker Included||Built-in speaker for lifelike sound||Built-in speaker for lifelike sound|
|‘No Rainbow Effect’ Technology||Yes||Yes|
|Streaming Devices||Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, and Amazon Fire TV||Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, and Amazon Fire TV|
|Versatile connectivity||2x HDMI ports||2x HDMI ports|
|Projection Method||Ceiling mount / Front / Rear||Ceiling mount / Front / Rear|
|Lamp Type||200 W UHE||200 W UHE|
Differences and Similarities Between Epson 3100 and 2150
Generally, the devices are the same when it comes to design. They are equipped with the same 3LCD technology, equal contrast ratio, 3D features, No rainbow effect technology, and the same control panel as well. But the devices are slightly different in size, Epson 2150 measures 12.2 inches long, 11.2 inches in width, and 4.8 inches in height. While the 3100 is 16.1 x 12 x 6.4 inches (L x W x H). And 2150 is 7.7 pounds while its competitor is 14.6 pounds. So, Epson 2150 will take little footprint on the countertop, and it is easier to carry.
The projection method or installation of the Epson projectors are the same. The devices can be mounted on the rear, front, or ceiling positions, whichever suits you. Before setting your projector, make sure you choose a sturdy place to keep it, also ensure the device gets plenty of ventilation.
Easy to Use
Operating these devices is the same because the device itself includes the control panel. Also, they come with a remote that includes everything you need to control it. Moreover, the devices have a built-in wifi feature that lets you quickly connect them to the internet.
Epson 2150 and 3100 are featured with 3LCD technology, an individual color system that combines red, green, and blue colors to create clear images. Compared to the single chip, the device provides a better quality image. 3LCD usually has more mirrors that create more pixels and deliver exceptional brightness by using less power. Furthermore, this ensures no rainbowing effect on the image.
Both are an ideal choice for your home as they produce 1080p full HD also support 3D performance. You can enjoy movies up to 300″ on the widescreen.
But the Epson 2100 offers 11 feet operation distance while the 3100 operating space is up to 32 feet. If you want to enjoy better picture quality from a more considerable distance, you should consider the Epson 3100.
And the exciting thing is, you will feel like an adventure in the 3D view. If you want the best performance, then you can use 3D glasses.
Epson 2100 has 2,500 lumens color brightness for various lighting conditions and carries the same for white brightness. In contrast, Epson 3100 features 2,600 lumens white and color brightness. Since the 3100 will deliver you better brightness with better picture quality, I strongly recommend you use the 3100 rather than 2150.
Epson 3100 and 2150 share up to 60,000:1 contrast ratio that gives rich detail in dark scenes. The combination of the HDR, 2D, 3D, and Full 1080p HD and high dynamic contrast ratio will provide you precise detail even in dark scenes compared to others.
Both are compatible with Smart TV like Roku, Apple TV 4K, and so on. These TVs can be connected to the world’s best network, and you can enjoy ad-free content through them. Furthermore, these projectors let you want games on the large screen. Keep in mind, if you play games for a longer time, the projector will get hot.
Additionally, they let you connect your computer or laptop, tablet, or smartphone, and there are two HDMI ports available.
The devices also include the same accessories, and you can start using the device right after you get it. The device comes with a quick guide, a remote with batteries, and the projector itself.
Generally, Epson is equipped with a two-year warranty on the machines, including a 90-day guarantee on the lamp. If your projector requires any servicing within this period, you will get it for free. Warranty is only available for the USA, moreover, if you damage anything, they will not cover the damages.
Epson 3100 includes better operating distance, offers better brightness, and includes some features that are not available on 2150. So, you should consider the 3100 as your Home Cinema. However, 2150 is also a better choice, it also provides you the same picture quality as Epson 3100. If you do not require slightly better brightness, you can select this one.
Frequently Asked Questions of Epson 2150 and 3100
|Can I use a TV cable on the Epson 3100?
The device supports both VGA and HDMI video input and has a jack output plug to use a TV cable to this projector.
Does Epson 3100 support 3D?
Yes, the projector supports 3D mode, and if you want to get a better experience, you can use 3D glasses.
How is Epson 2150 with gaming?
It’s good at gaming as you can enjoy the big screen with incredible detail. But the downside is, the projector can be hot if you use it for a long time.
Does Epson 3100 support 4K DVDs?
Unfortunately, Epson 3100 Home Cinema is not compatible with 4K resolutions.
Can I wireless connect my computer to Epson 2150?
Yes, the projector supports Miracast, and if your computer also supports this, you can wirelessly connect your computer.
Check out related articles from the button below.
- The expertise field of Rony Jahid is printer and grill machine. He helps people find the best items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Projector2022.08.25Epson 5050 vs 6050 – Check Why Epson 5050 is Best!
- Projector2022.08.14Epson 4000 vs 4010 – Learn Why You Should Invest in Epson 4010!
- Grill machine2022.05.16Weber Performer Premium vs Deluxe – See which one is the best.
- Projector2021.11.03Epson 2150 vs 3100 – Check Our Recommendation!