Why should you Buy Charge 3?
- This fitness tracker is waterproof for 50m underwater, whereas the Charge 2 is just a splash-resistant watch. So you will be able to use Charge 3 during the swimming session too.
- The Charge 3 will give you better sleep tracking with its upgraded sensor; there is a sleep score on this watch that is not available on its competitor.
- You can answer your phone calls and send a customized text through Charge 3, while these features are not available on the other watch.
- This device will give you a battery backup of 7 days, while Charge 2 will provide you with only a battery backup of 5 days.
- The Charge 3 comes with a stunning touchscreen display, but there is an ordinary OLED display on the other device.
These features are the reason why I recommended you Charge 3. You are getting a better display and battery plus additional features on the Charge 3.
Similarities between Fitbit Charge 2 & Charge 3
- Both the watches have quite similar outlooks.
- There is a 24/7 heart-rate tracker.
- You will get call & text alerts on both devices.
- Both track your activity and give stats accordingly.
|Specifications||Charge 2||Charge 3|
|Editor’s Rating||4.4 out of 5||4.4 out of 5|
|Color||Variants Available||Variants Available|
|Product Dimension||8.82 x 0.89 x 0.51 inches||1.63 x 4.04 x 8.9 inches|
|Product Weight||31.75 grams||27.22 grams|
|Battery||1 Lithium Polymer Battery (included)||1 Lithium Polymer Battery (included)|
|Warranty||1-Year Limited Warranty||1-Year Limited Warranty|
Detail about the features of Fitbit Charge 2 & Charge 3
Both watches have quite similar looks that might create confusion about the model. The only noticeable change between them is on the straps. The strap’s design is crafted differently on them. Also, the screen of Charge 3 is quite larger than Charge 2. The bands are built with premium components and will be careful with your skins. These are very slim to fit well on anyone’s hand.
Both the devices have a Lithium Polymer battery included. But the battery of the Charge 3 is more powerful than the Charge 2’s. You will have a 7 days battery backup on the Charge 3 with a single charge. On the other hand, the Charge 2 will provide you only a 5 days battery backup.
Charge 2 and 3 have a heart-rate tracker to give you detailed heart-related pieces of information. This feature will help you to stay updated about your health.
The Charge 3 has a better sleep-tracking sensor to give you accurate information about your sleep-related stats. There is a feature to see your sleep score too. This watch will help you to see if anything unusual is happening in your sleep routine.
There are more than 15 modes of exercise available on Charge 3. This fitness tracker will track your activities automatically and give you stats according to your sessions. With this watch in your hand, you will get your swimming data, too, as this is water-resistant.
If you are using Charge 2, you will get only notifications of your call or messages. But the Charge 3 will show you notifications and an option to accept or reject a call. You can send customized text replies too from Charge 3.
The Charge 3 can be used under 50m of water. This waterproof tracker will track your stats for the swim session too. Unfortunately, the Charge 2 is a splash-resistant tracker. So you can’t wear this one while swimming or showering.
They both come with different kinds of displays. The Charge 3 has a touchscreen display, while the Charge 2 comes with an OLED display. Charge 3 will allow you to use it more smoothly, and you will be able to browse the options whenever you want.
Durability & Warranty
When it’s a fitness tracker, the main focus should be on Durability. Both Charge 3 & 2 have a slim and premium build with high-end materials. The Charge 3 won’t create any issue while using this on water or during swimming. Fitbit provides a 1-year warranty for its fitness tracker.
Fitbit Charge 3 & 2 are very comfortable to use and designed to wear in any condition. These trackers will keep you updated about your health. Charge 3 offers some features that made it more preferable than Charge 2. If you want a better battery and display with all the features, go for the Charge 3.
Frequently Asked Questions about Fitbit Charge 2 & Charge 3
|Is it possible to read text messages on Charge 3?|
Yes, possible. You can send customized replies too.
Are there any stats of burned calories available on this watch?
Yes, almost all kinds of health-related data are available on this device.
How can I adjust the time of this fitness tracker?
Changing the zone will adjust your device time.
Can I use the Charge 2 while Kayaking?
No, you can’t. It’s just splash-resistant. Charge 3 is water-resistant.
Do I need to use a protector for the glass?
The glass won’t get any scratch quickly. But if you want, you may use one.
Find related articles here.
- Fitbit Versa 2 vs Apple Watch 3
- Fitbit Charge 3 vs Versa 2
- Fitbit Charge 4 vs Versa 2
- Fitbit Charge 3 vs Inspire HR
- Fitbit Versa vs Versa Lite
- Fitbit Versa vs Versa 2