Fitbit Charge 4 and Versa 2 may confuse you as they have so many similar features. After a detailed comparison and breakdown, I found Versa 2 is comparatively better.
What Features Made Versa 2 Better?
- Fitbit Versa 2 has an always-on display mode to give you access to your stats all the time. In contrast, this feature isn’t available on its competitor.
- You will be able to see your workout stats with the On-screen workout mode on the Versa 2, whereas this feature isn’t included on the other watch.
- Versa 2 has built-in Alexa that will provide you quick news and information, and let you set timers and alarms, control your smart home devices as well. But the Charge 4 doesn’t provide this amazing feature.
- This fitness tracker has the smartwatch apps feature to have quick access to your favorite apps easily. On the other hand, Charge 4 doesn’t include this feature.
- It has a total of 8 color variations, while Charge 4 has only 4 color options. So, with Versa 2, you will get more color options to choose from according to your choice.
These are the improved features that made Versa 2 the winner over Charge 4. If you don’t want to miss them, go for the Versa 2 without a second thought.
- Fitbit Charge 4 and Versa 2 come with a 50m water-resistant feature. So, you don’t need to put the watch off during swimming or bathing.
- Both smartwatches have a 24/7 heart-rate track and sleep tracking that helps you to understand your sleep quality each night.
- They have a battery backup of 6+ days, so don’t have to charge them frequently.
- These watches come with the feature of storing more than 300+ songs by downloading Pandora stations.
- Both watches have 15 exercise modes that help you to get a better workout.
If you are happy with these same functions then you can buy Charge 4 or Versa 2. But if you want to enjoy comparatively better performance with improved features then you have to pick Versa 2.
Comparison Chart: Fitbit Charge 4 vs Versa 2
|Specifications||Fitbit Charge 4||Versa 2|
|Editor’s Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Color||Variants available||Variants Available|
|Product Dimension||9.72 x 1.13 x 0.49 inches||1.56 x 1.59 x 0.47 inches|
|Product Weight||1.06 ounces||0.16 ounces|
|Battery||1 C battery required (included)||1 LR44 battery required (included)|
|Warranty||1-Year Limited Warranty||1-Year Limited Warranty|
Similarities & Difference Between Fitbit Charge 4 and Versa 2
The outlook of the Charge 4 and the Versa 2 is different in shape. The Charge 4 has a slim and small design with a premium look. Versa 2 has a square-shaped design with corning gorilla glass included. There are 8 Versa 2 variations on the market, but you will get only 4 variations of the Charge 4. The watches are designed as water-resistant and will last under 50m of water without any issue.
Both watches come with two different kinds of batteries. Versa 2 with an LR44 and the Charge 4 with a C-type battery. You will get a 6+ days battery backup on the Versa 2, while the Charge 4 will give you a backup of 7 days. Though you are getting less backup on the Versa 2 but using some unnecessary features will provide you with some more backup than usual.
The Versa 2 comes with a built-in Alexa to minimize your hassles. This will help you complete your tasks with just a single command. The Alexa will help you while getting the weather update or making any booking for you quickly. Unfortunately, the Charge 4 doesn’t have this feature.
The built-in mic of your Versa 2 will allow you to reply with voice records. This mic can also be used while commanding voice assistants. You can talk to your calls with the help of this mic though you won’t hear anything.
Both the watches will track your heart rate 24/7. There are options to see how many calories you burned, how many steps you have taken, and others. You will be able to see if there are any unusual stats on your record and take further actions accordingly.
Here comes one of the important features which are available only on the Versa 2. You will get the feature of the always-on display on the Versa 2. The backlit display will give all your stats on this mode without any touch or rotation. This feature will help you while performing any tasks.
These watches will help you to stay updated about all kinds of health information. There will be your sleep info on the watch after every sleep. These watches will automatically track your sleep & sleep time. There will be enough information about your health, and this will help you while visiting a doctor.
If you love music and want to store your collection, you can do that on your watch. Both the watches include this handy feature to store more than 300 songs. By using the Pandora app you can store your desired songs on your Spotify.
Durability & Warranty
As these are fitness watches, they are made with high-end premium components. For swimming or heavy workouts, you don’t need to take them off. There won’t be any issue doing tasks with them on your hands. Fitbit provides a 1-year warranty for these watches for your peace of mind.
There is no doubt that both watches are packed with so many features. But you are getting some unique features on the Versa 2, which will make your experience more enjoyable and keep you updated about your fitness. If you are searching for something less pricey, you can also try Charge 4.
Frequently Asked Questions about Charge 4 and Versa 2
|Is there any built-in GPS on the Versa 2?
No, the Versa 2 will run with your phone GPS, but the Charge 4 has a built-in GPS.
May I use this watch to make a call?
No, you can’t. But you can send a customized text as an answer.
Is this watch compatible with the OnePlus 6?
Yes, sure. This is compatible with all OnePlus models.
Is there any reminder for breathing or a meditation session?
There is a ‘relax’ mode that will guide you for a breathing session.
How fast is the charging of the watch?
It’s pretty fast. You can run for around a week with a single charge.
Check out more articles here.