Fossil Gen 5 and 5E are two amazing smartwatches. But if you are looking for the better wristwatch between these two then you should choose Gen 5.
Why You Should Choose Fossil Gen 5?
- Fossil Gen 5 uses Snapdragon Wear 3100 processor that ensures high performance, superior connectivity, and smart sensing. But Fossil 5E comes with a regular processor.
- It lets you control your music playlist effortlessly while Fossil 5E isn’t compatible with this handy feature.
- Fossil 5 comes with an Onboard GPS system that is crucial for distance tracking. On the other hand, Gen 5E doesn’t have this function.
- This smartwatch has a larger storage capacity. You will get 8GB of internal memory with the Fossil Gen 5, which allows you to store more files. On the contrary, 5E has only 4GB of space.
- Fossil Gen 5 is available in six different color versions, allowing you to choose the one that best fits your needs. In contrast, Fossil Gen 5E comes with only three color variants.
- You will feel like nothing on your wrist while wearing Gen 5 because of its lightweight which weighs only 3.5 ounces. Thus, the alternative weighs around 4.3 ounces.
I guess you’re no longer puzzled about why Gen 5 is the winner. This one will surely enhance your smartwatch experience more than before.
Similar Features Between Fossil Gen 5 and 5E
- Both smartwatches are 3-ATM rated waterproof devices. So, you don’t need to put out them while washing your hands or taking shower.
- These watches monitor the heart rate & track the activities by using Google Fit. So, your health will remain in a continuous check.
- They both provide smartphone notifications. So, you will be able to receive or reply to texts with just a tap.
- They come with 1GB of RAM that provides smooth performance and connectivity.
- Both the devices support the Google Pay billing system. As a result, you would never be caught without the wallet.
Quick Comparison: Fossil Gen 5 vs 5E
|Specifications||Fossil Gen 5||Fossil 5E|
|Editor’s Rating||4.4 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Color||6 Variants Available||3 Variants Available|
|Battery Life||24+ Hours||24+ Hours|
|Product Weight||3.5 ounces||4.23 ounces|
|Warranty||1-Year of Warranty||1-Year of Warranty|
Differences & Similarities between Fossil Gen 5 vs 5E
Fossil Gen 5 & 5E have quite a different outlook. Fossil Gen 5 comes with a rounded shape body and looks very premium. Gen 5E also has a rounded-shaped body, but this one has a patterned bezel in the edges.
Another noticeable difference in the body is, Fossil Gen 5 has three button pins on the right side while Gen 5E has only a single button. The smartwatches are very compact, and you will appear as though you are wearing nothing on your wrist. They are perfect in shape and will suit any outfit or occasion.
The smartwatches have a very decent battery backup that will provide you a couple of days back up with a single charge. Both the Fossil Gen 5 & 5E come with 24+ hours of battery run-time with an extended mode. They can be used for multiple days by not using unnecessary features. The charging procedure is very simple. You are required to place the watch body into the charging dock.
OS & Memory
Both the smartwatch come with Google Wear OS; thus, they are compatible with most Google features. Fossil Gen 5 & 5E have 1GB of RAM with different memory spaces. Fossil Gen 5 has 8GB of memory space, while Gen 5E comes with 4GB of space. The bigger space, the more items you will be able to store. You will get a smooth & fast performance from the devices.
They both will work with accuracy to track your sleep & sleep performance. You will get your sleep score for every nap you have taken. There will be a detailed breakdown of your sleep periods. You will be able to see how many hours you slept & also what was the duration of your deep sleep. You will be required to use the app that comes with the devices to get the detailed score.
The smartwatches are compatible with Google Fit as they come with the Google Wear OS. Google Fit will track your activity based on the performance, and you will get related stats.
They’re ideal for any sport, whether it’s a rigorous exercise or a casual yoga session. The watch will show you how many steps you have taken or how many calories you have burnt during the exercise. You will get the distance covered report through the built-in GPS.
The world is advancing through a contactless payment system, and it’s becoming very popular as well. Google Pay is an initiative to pay bills without making any contact.
Both the Fossil Gen 5 & 5E are compatible with this feature. If you have the watches in your hand, you will be able to pass your shopping cart with just a flick of your wrist. There are no worries, even if you don’t have a wallet or your phone with you.
Mic & Speaker
Both the Fossil Gen 5 & 5E come with a built-in speaker and microphone. This makes you able to command the voice assistant with your voice. You can even answer your calls directly from your watch. These tools allow you to get important stats without your phone in your hand. You can even control your music playlist while using the Fossil Gen 5.
The smartwatches come with a variety of color options, allowing you to choose the one that fits you the best. Fossil Gen 5 has 6 variants with different types of belts. This device is available in metal, leather, and silicone belts.
Fossil Gen 5E, on the other hand, comes in three color options. They both are compatible with different belts and suits as well. You can even change and add custom straps as they have a universal belt width of 22mm.
You will get your smartphone notification into the watches in real-time. If your phone receives any incoming calls or SMS, you will notify the watch screen. This will always keep you in reach with anyone.
You can even get notifications of specific apps by enabling them from the settings. There are some custom replies included in the watch that can be used while you are not able to answer your calls.
Durability & Warranty
Fossil is one of the world’s best smartwatch makers. They are a 3-ATM water-resistant device that will protect them even under 30 meters of water. They have a durable belt with a long-lasting display. You are free to use them during any extreme workout or activity. Fossil offers a 1-year of warranty for the smartwatches.
Fossil Gen 5 & 5E are two top-notch smartwatches with all the basic features. You will surely enjoy the features and services they are going to provide. Fossil Gen 5 is the more preferable between these two as this one has a better storage option with more variants. Fossil 5E is also a decent device, and this one will cost you less than the Gen 5.
Frequently Asked Questions about Fossil Gen 5 & 5E
|How much time do they take to get fully charged?
They take around 1 hour to get fully charged.
What is the screen resolution of the 5E?
Fossil Gen 5E has a 416×416 screen resolution.
How to extend the battery health?
There are four modes of different battery durability.
Can I change the volume of my music through the watches?
Sure. You can even skip or play music through them as well.
What is the size of the case?
The case comes in 44mm in size.
Check out more smartwatch comparisons from the below links –
- Ticwatch E vs E2
- Fossil Gen 5 vs Galaxy Watch
- Fossil Gen 5 vs Samsung Active 2
- Fossil Sport vs Gen 5
- Fossil Gen 4 vs Gen 5
- Galaxy Watch 3 vs Active 2
- Galaxy Watch Active vs Active 2
- Jahidul Islam is mostly an expert in computer accessories and smartwatches. He is dedicated to helping people to choose accessories from different items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.31JBL Xtreme 2 vs Sony XB43 – Check Why Sony XB43 is Best?
- Gaming Headphone2022.08.31Hifiman Sundara vs HD650 – Which headphone performs better?
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.31Wonderboom 2 vs Boom 3 – What makes Boom 3 a Better Choice?
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.30JBL Xtreme 2 vs UE Megaboom 3 – Which one is Best?