See the upgraded features of the FUJIFILM X-T3’s
- This camera is upgraded with the latest version of sensor APS-C X-Trans CMOS 4. This back-illuminated sensor ensures an excellent color filter, noise-free clean images plus maintains a high S/N ratio. But X-T2 has the previous version APS-C X-Trans CMOS III, which won’t provide you such features.
- X-T3 is the best one for a better frame rate as you can capture 390 frames with this camera in a single charge. But, with X-T2, you can capture only 340 frames.
- The effective pixels of X-T3 is 26.1 Megapixels, and X-T2’s effective pixel is 24.3 Megapixels. X-T3 ensures better effective pixels than the X-T2.
- You can record 4K videos up to 60 fps for 55 minutes and Full HD videos up to 120fps for 75 minutes with this unique X-T3 camera. Another side, with X-T2, you can record 4K videos up to 30fps for only 10 minutes and Full HD videos up to 60 fps for only 15 minutes.
- It has X-Processor 4, which boasts processing capabilities, enhances film simulation modes, and improves X-T3‘s ability to track moving objects. Overall, this latest processor maximizes the full potential of the X-Trans CMOS sensor for the highest performance. On the other side, X-T2 has the X-Processor pro version processor, and with this processor, you won’t get facilities like the X-processor 4.
- The X-T3 camera has 16 film simulation modes and the X-T2 has only 15 film simulation modes. So, with X-T3, you will get extra color control over the images.
- This device has 16 film simulation modes, and X-T2 has only 15 film simulation modes. Therefore, you will get extra modes with X-T3.
- Sometimes you may face focus disturbance with the X-T2, especially when the light is low, but with X-T3, you will get perfect focused photos every time.
- There is a headphone jack (3.55mm) in this camera. So, while recording videos you can use microphone and HDML devices. But the X-T2 camera doesn’t have this headphone jack.
We have mentioned the unique features of FUJIFILM X-T3, which are not available in X-T2. For these professional features, you should go for the X-T3. Click the buttons below and get your dreamed camera.
Common Features of FUJIFILM X-T2 and X-T3 digital camera:
- These cameras have a 3 inches LCD monitor (touch screen).
- You can tilt the screen in 3 directions.
- These cameras have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections.
- You can capture photos with these cameras at a challenging temperature (-10°C to +40°C).
- They have two memory card slots.
- The FUJIFILM provides a one-year warranty for these cameras.
|Specifications||FUJIFILM X-T3||FUJIFILM X-T2|
|Editor’s ratings||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Dimension||8 x 5.6 x 6.4 inches||8.1 x 11.4 x 5.7 inches|
|Weight ( including battery and memory card)||539 grams||507 grams|
|LCD Monitor||3.0 inches||3.0 inches|
|Tilting LCD screen||Three directions||Three directions|
|Viewfinder||0.5in OLED with 3690k dots||0.5in OLED with 2360k dots|
|Effective Pixels||26.1 Megapixels||24.3 Megapixels|
|Sensor||APS-C X-Trans CMOS IV||APS-C X-Trans CMOS III|
|Processor||X-Processor 4||X-Processor Pro|
|Lens Mount||FUJIFILM X mount||FUJIFILM X mount|
|SD card slot||2||2|
|Headphone jack||Yes (3.5mm )||No|
|Film Simulation Modes||16 Modes||15 Modes|
|Video recording(4K)||Up to 60fps||Up to 30fps|
|Video recording (FULL HD)||Up to 120 fps||Up to 60 fps|
|Battery power||NP-W126S Li-ion battery(1260mAH)||NP-W126S Li-ion battery(1260mAH)|
|Battery life for single images||390 frames (Approx.)||340 frames(Approx.)|
|Battery life for videos||4K Videos for 55 minutes and Full HD videos for 75 minutes||4K videos for 10 minutes and Full HD videos for 15 minutes|
|Temperature operability||-10°C to +40°C||-10°C to +40°C|
|Warranty period||1 year||1 year|
Similarities and differences of FUJIFILM X-T2 and X-T3 digital cameras:
Sensor and Screen:
A sensor is one of the essential parts of a camera. The FUJIFILM has updated the X-T3 with back-illuminated APS-C X-Trans CMOS IV. Besides, with a 26.1 megapixel, this camera produces unique color filters, plus the back-illuminated structure increases image quality by ensuring an S/N ratio(high).
Furthermore, if you want to have clean, noise-free images, then go for the X-T3 digital camera without any further confusion. Besides, X-T2 has the previous version sensor called APS-C X-Trans CMOS III. This sensor doesn’t provide a clean and noise-free picture like the latest version sensor.
These cameras have 3 inches, LCD monitors. You can control and use it by your touch as the screen has touch availability. Besides, you can tilt the LCD monitor in 3 directions.
The powerful processors with the latest sensor provide you a unique and professional experience. Here, X-T3 has X-processor 4, and the other one has X-processor pro. X-Processor 4 is an evolved version of FUJIFILM X- series digital cameras. Because this processor boasts advanced capabilities and allows you to produce a diverse range of video functions, this processor boosts AF speed and accuracy.
This processor fully utilizes the full potential of the APS-C X-Trans CMOS IV sensor. With the combination of these latest sensors and processors, you will have the highest performance in all circumstances. But, X-T2’s X-processor pro is the older version of X-processor 4.
FUJIFILM X-T2 and X-T3 make sure that you can quickly identify the position of moving objects. X-T3 has a high resolution (3.69 million dots) EVF with a high ratio of 0.75x, and X-T2 has a high resolution (2.36 million dots) EVF with a balance of 0.77x. Both cameras are capable of capturing smooth images of moving objects. Besides, the company has updated the focus points of these cameras.
Film simulation modes and Movie recording:
FUJIFILM Company has a unique philosophy that comes from the experience of 80 years of manufacturing. This company knows the science of photography and color. So, when you are using FUJIFILM X-T3, you will get 16 film simulation modes. These modes perfectly understand your intention of photography and film recording.
Another side, FUJIFILM X-T2 has 15 film simulation modes. So, you will get extra modes in the FUJIFILM X-T3 and it will allow you to take control over the color of your images plus you can use these modes while capturing raw files also.
You can record both 4K and Full HD videos with these cameras. But, X-T3 provides better video quality than the other one. Because with this camera, you can record 4K videos (up to 60 fps) and Full HD videos (up to 120 fps). But, with X-T2, you can record 4K videos ‘(up to 30 fps) and Full HD videos (up to 60 fps).
If you are looking for the best quality video recording in higher resolution, then X-T3 will be the best choice for you
If you are looking for the best quality video recording in higher resolution, then X-T3 will be the best choice for you.
Weight and dimension:
FUJIFILM X-T3 has a more oversized dimension, shape, and weight than the other one. Here X-T2’s weight is 507 grams, and X-T3’s weight is 539 grams. Besides, X-T3’s dimension is 8 x 5.6 x 6.4 inches, and X-T2’s dimension is 8.1 x 11.4 x 5.7 inches. Believe us; X-T3 is going to give you a great feel and professional experience.
Battery life and temperature operability:
These cameras have an NP-W126S Li-ion battery. The power of the battery is 1260mAH. But, with an updated sensor and processor, the X-T3 provides the best quality and quantity, plus this camera has better battery optimization. You can capture almost 390 frames with the X-T3, and with X-T2, you can shoot only 340 frames in a single charge.
If you want to record the best quality videos for a long duration, then go for the X-T3 as you can record 4K videos for 55 minutes and Full HD videos for 75 minutes. On the other hand, with X-T2, you can record 4K videos for only 10 minutes and Full HD videos for only 15 minutes.
These cameras’’ building quality is awesome. You can work with these cameras at any challenging temperature. It doesn’t matter whether the weather is very low (-10°C) or very high (+40°C), every time you can produce the best quality photos with these cameras.
You will get one year warranty with these cameras. But, you will only get this warranty service if you buy the camera from an authentic seller. You have to show the buying receipt when you intend to have a free repair service. This warranty does not cover software, cable straps, camera cases, and memory cards. We recommend you use these cameras with proper care and safety.
We have shown you all the basic and professional features of these cameras. Now you have to make a choice. In our opinion, choose the X-T3 camera as this camera can fulfill all your photographic and video graphic intention. But if you are okay without these fantastic features, you can select the earlier version.
Frequently asked questions about the FUJIFILM X-T3 and X-T2:
|How many photos can I capture with the X-T2?|
You can capture only 340 frames with FUJIFILM X-T2 but if you choose X-T3, you can capture 390 frames.
Is there any headphone jack with the X-T2?
No, there are no headphone jacks in this camera. You will need extra tools to use the headphone jack. But, X-T3 has separate 3.5mm jacks.
What is the processor of X-T3?
The Fujifilm X-T3’s processor is X-Processor 4, which maximizes the quality of the photos and gives clean images.
What is the weight of the X-T3 digital camera?
With a battery and SD card, its weight is 539 grams.
Can I tilt the screen of these cameras?
Yes, you can tilt the screen in three directions of these cameras.
Check out more comparisons from the below link –
- Nikon D3400 vs D5600
- Nikon D3200 vs D3500
- Sony a6000 vs a6100
- Sony a9ii vs a7riv
- Fuji XH1 vs XT3
- Sony a7rii vs a7iii