Fujifilm X100v vs X100f – Check Which Camera would be Best!
Fujifilm X100V and X100F are professional digital cameras. We have compared their main features and found X100V has GOT better features to give you the best images.
Why Fujifilm X100v is Better?
- X100V combines X-Trans CMOS sensor with X-Processor 4(quad-core) which will maximize the image quality plus dynamic range. But X100F combines X-Processor pro and X-Trans CMOS III, hence it cannot provide image quality like X100V.
- You can capture, and also make 4K videos up to 30 or 120 frames per second at 1080p with X100V. But you can’t capture 4K videos with X100F.
- This digital camera has a 26.1MP sensor that uses a back-illuminated design to maximize quality and dynamic range with a unique color filter array to control false color. Besides the X100F has only a 24.3MP sensor which can’t provide quality like X100V.
- X100V has 17 film simulation modes and X100F has 15 film simulation modes. So, with X100V, you will get extra 2 modes.
- With this camera, you will get Bluetooth version 4.2, and the digital interface is USB 3.1. With these features, you can easily transfer your photos. But X100F doesn’t have a Bluetooth connection, and the digital interface is USB 2.0, which is slower than USB 3.1.
- With X-100V, you can capture up to 350 frames (EVF) and 420 frames (OVF). In contrast, with X-100F, you can shoot up to 270 frames (EVF) and 390 frames (OVF).
- X-100V supports DC coupler CP-W126, this tool conjunction with a separate AC-9V adaptor, you can get direct power from an AC power source. But X-100F doesn’t support this adaptor.
So, you can see that FUJIFILM X100V has better and more professional features than the X100F. For these amazing features, we recommend you choose FUJIFILM X100V.
Similar Features of Fujifilm X100v vs X100f
- These cameras have FUJINON single focal length lenses.
- They have a 3 inches LCD touchscreen display that finds the perfect balance between functionality and portability.
- Starting up period of these cameras is 0.5 seconds. So, any moment would be missed.
- These cameras are Wi-Fi supported. As a result, you can easily transfer your file or images.
- Their self-timer is 10sec./2sec. So, you can take your own photo effortlessly.
- They can operate at 0°C – 40°C. Thus, a hot environment isn’t a problem for these cameras.
- Both devices provide 1-year warranty service.
You will get these similar functionalities with both DSLR cameras. But if you wish to get the best camera performance with some improved features then you have to pick Fujifilm X100V.
Quick Comparison: Fujifilm X100v vs X100f
|Specifications||FUJIFILM X100V||FUJIFILM X100F|
|Editor’s ratings||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Dimension||2.1 x 5.04 x 2.94 inches||2 x 4.9 x 2.9 inches|
|Weight||478 Grams||469 Grams|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||26.1 million pixels||24.3 million pixels|
|Image Sensor||X-Trans CMOS 4||X-Trans CMOS III|
|Processor||X-Processor 4||X-Processor Pro|
|Self-Timer||10sec. / 2sec.||10sec. / 2sec.|
|Monitor’s aspect ratio||3:2||3:2|
|Film Simulation Mode||17||15|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth Version 4.2||No|
|Digital Interface||USB Type-C (USB3.1 Gen1)||USB2.0|
|Power Supply||NP-W126S Li-ion battery||NP-W126S Li-ion battery|
|Battery life for still images||350 frames( EVF) and 420 frames (OVF)||270 frames (EVF) and 390 frames (OVF)|
|Continuance battery life of movie capture||4K videos for 55 minutes and Full HD video for 75 Minutes||Full HD video 95 minutes and 4K video not supported.|
|Operating Temperature||0°C – 40°C||0°C – 40°C|
|Starting up period||0.5sec.||0.5sec.|
|DC coupler CP-W126||Supported||Not supported|
|Warranty Period||1 year||1 year|
Similarities and Differences of Fujifilm X100v vs X100f
Sensor and processor:
FUJIFILM X100V has X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor combination with X-Processor 4(quad-core). This combination with 26.1 MP sensors ensures the best quality and dynamic range. Besides, you won’t need an optical low pass filter as with this amazing camera, you will get better control and colors.
The powerful X-Processor 4 ensures quick, smooth images with a new algorithm, AF performance, face, and eye detection. But X100F has an X-Trans CMOS III combination with X-Processor Pro. This combination is not as smooth as the X100V.
Dimension and Weight:
When you are looking for a professional camera, you have to give more emphasis on the camera’s weight and dimension. Here X100V’s weight is 478 grams, and its dimension is 2.1 x 5.04 x 2.94 inches. On the other hand, the X100F’s weight is 469 grams, and its dimensions are 2 x 4.9 x 2.9 inches. With a bigger dimension plus balanced weight, X100V provides a work-friendly service with a professional look.
LCD monitor and wireless transfer:
Both X100V and X100F have 3.0 inches touch LCD monitors. With this monitor, you can change the modes as to your will. Besides, the monitor’s aspect ratio is 3:2, and the coverage is one hundred percent. These cameras have a Wi-Fi connection system.
Between them, X100V has Bluetooth version 4.2, and the other one doesn’t have a Bluetooth feature. Besides, the digital interface of X100V is Type-C (USB 3.1 Gen 1), and X100F’s interface is USB 2.0. X100F’s digital interface is slower than the X100V.
Film simulation modes with Video quality:
X100V digital camera provides you with 17 film simulation modes, and X100F provides only 15 film simulation modes. Besides, With X100V, you can record 4K videos up to 30/120 frames per second at 1080p, plus you can create super slow-motion effects with this amazing X100V camera.
If you are interested in creating HD videos, then you can also create HD videos with X100V. But, With X100F, you can record HD videos only; you won’t capture 4K resolution videos.
Both X100V and X100F have NP-W126S Li-ion batteries, which provide a power supply. But X100V has better battery optimization. So, you can capture 350 frames on EVF and 270 frames on OVF. On the other hand, you can capture only 270 frames on EVF and 390 frames on OVF.
You can shoot 4K videos for 55 minutes, at the same time, Full HD videos for 75 minutes continuously. Thus, with X100F, you can capture only HD videos for 95 minutes. The starting up period for these cameras is 0.5 seconds. Precisely, these cameras can work from 0°C to 40°C.
X-100V supports DC coupler CP-W126. You have to connect this coupler with a separate AC-9V adaptor so that you can get direct power from the AC power source. But X-100F doesn’t support this amazing tool.
You will get a one-year service warranty from the FUJIFILM Company. FUJIFILM maintains the quality of lens and structure. But if you found any defect or a functioning problem within one year of purchase, then you can avail of the warranty policy. But make sure you have kept the money receipt.
FUJIFILM X100V has better features than the X100F plus we strongly recommend you to choose the X100V. Otherwise, you can choose X100F, but you will not find those amazing features which are available in the X100V.
Frequently Asked Questions about Fujifilm X100v vs X100f digital cameras:
|What is the port situation of X100V? Does it still micro USB?
No, X100V has improved the port situation. It is now type-c (USB3.1)
What is the warranty period of these cameras?
With these cameras, you will get a one-year warranty.
What is the starting up period of X100F?
The starting up period of X100F is 0.5 seconds.
How many frames can I capture with X100F?
You can capture 270 frames (EVF) and 390 frames (OVF), but with X100V, you will be able to capture 350 frames (EVF) and 420 frames (OVF).
Can I shoot 4K videos with X100F?
No, you can capture full HD videos with this camera, but With X100V, you can capture 4K videos.
Check more camera comparisons from the below links –