Why I Recommend Fujifilm X-T30?
- The FUJIFILM Company updated X-T30 with the fourth generation X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor, whereas X-T20 has the previous X-Trans CMOS III version. You will get better and low noise images with the upgraded sensor and back-illuminated structure in X-T30.
- You will get better-detailed pictures with FUJIFILM X-T30 as this camera has 26.1MP. But X-T20 has only 24.3 MP.
- This camera can capture up to 30 frames per second, and X-T20 can capture 14 frames per second. With higher fps, X-T30 will give you a smooth video recording than the other one.
- With X-T30, you can shoot 380 frames, record 60 minutes 4K videos, and 75 minutes Full HD videos. But, with X-T20, you can capture only 350 frames, 4K videos for 50 minutes, and Full HD videos for 60 minutes.
- FUJIFILM X-T30 supports DCI 4K(4096×2160) video recording, but the previous model X-T20 doesn’t support this resolution recording.
- You will find the new ETERNA film simulation mode in the FUJIFILM X-T30, which is unavailable in the X-T20. With this fantastic mode, you can get more accurate colors and flatter contrast than the other modes.
- The digital interface of this camera is USB 3.1, and X-T20 has USB 2.0. You can transfer files faster with USB 3.1 than USB 2.0.
- You can transfer your photos quickly with X-T30 as this camera has Bluetooth Version 4.2. But, with X-T20, you won’t get this facility.
So, you can see that FUJIFILM X-T30 digital camera comes with some new and professional features, which are not available in the X-T20. So, without further thinking, have the best one, and the best one is FUJIFILM X-T30. I know you won’t hesitate to get the best one! Check the price below by clicking the buttons provided below:
Similar Features of FUJIFILM X-T30 and X-T20:
These cameras have some features in common. Let’s check these features below:
- These cameras have 0.39 inches viewfinder with 0.62X magnification, which will provide you maximum viewing comfort.
- With these cameras, you will get super-intelligent manual Pop-Up Flash.
- Both cameras have 3.0 inches touch screen monitor, and you can tilt the monitor. These features help you to capture photos from any point of view and control settings with your hands.
- For better performance, you can use FUJIFILM X-Mount lenses with these cameras.
- The weights of these cameras are 333 grams without battery and memory card and 383 grams with battery and memory card.
- You can use these cameras in any challenging temperatures as this camera can operate from +32°F to +104°F.
- The FUJIFILM Company ensures one year warranty with some conditions.
If you are satisfied with these similar functions then you can choose either XT20 or XT30. But if you want best performance with improved features then you have to pick Fujifilm XT30.
Comparison Chart: XT20 vs XT30
|Specifications||FUJIFILM X-T30||FUJIFILM X-T20|
|Editor’s Ratings||4.9 Out of 5||4.6 Out of 5|
|Product Dimension||4.66in. x 3.26in. x 1.84in.||4.66in. x 3.26in. x 1.63in.|
|Number of effective pixels||26.1 million pixels||24.3 million pixels|
|Sensor||APS-C X-Trans CMOS IV||APS-C X-Trans CMOS III|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 30 fps||Up to 14 fps|
|Film Simulation Modes||16 Modes ( ETERNA/ Cinema Mode)||15 Modes|
|DCI 4K(4096×2160)||Supported||Not Supported|
|Battery life for Still Images||380 Frames||350 Frames|
|Battery life for Videos recording||4K ( 60 minutes) and Full HD Videos ( 75 minutes)||4K ( 50 minutes) and Full HD Videos ( 60 minutes)|
|Battery||NP-W126S Li-ion battery||NP-W126S Li-ion battery|
|Digital Interface||USB 3.1||USB 2.0|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth Ver. 4.2||No|
|ViewFinder||0.39 Inches||0.39 Inches|
|LCD monitor||3 inches with an aspect ratio of 3:2||3 inches with an aspect ratio of 3:2|
|Flash||Manual Pop-Up Flash||Manual Pop-Up Flash|
|Self-Timer||10sec. / 2sec.||10sec. / 2sec.|
|Lens Mount||FUJIFILM X-Mount||FUJIFILM X-Mount|
|Weight( Excluding Battery and Memory Card)||333 grams||333 grams|
|Weight( Including Battery and Memory Card)||383 grams||383 grams|
|Operating Temperatures||+32°F to +104°F||+32°F to +104°F|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Similarities and differences of FUJIFILM X-T20 and FUJIFILM X-T30:
Sensor and processor:
When you are looking for better image quality and processing speed, then FUJIFILM X-T30 may be the perfect one. This digital mirrorless camera combines the latest X-Trans CMOS IV sensor and X-processor 4 image-processing engine. With 26.1 Mega Pixels, this sensor provides unique and exclusive frames. Besides, this camera has a back-illuminated structured design that reduces the noise and ensures the best quality photos, plus helps you get perfect shots with moving objects and more accurate autofocus. Another side, FUJIFILM X-T20 has an X-Trans CMOS III sensor and X-Processor Pro engine, which is not as good as the X-T30’s.
FUJIFILM X-T20 and X-T30 have NP-W126S Li-ion battery. Although these cameras have the same power battery, X-T30 has a better battery optimization process. For this reason, you can capture 380 frames by charging the camera once, plus you can record 60 minutes 4K resolution videos and 75 minutes Full HD videos. Another side, if you choose FUJIFILM X-T20, you can capture only 350 frames and record 50 minutes 4K videos, and 60 minutes Full HD videos.
Here, FUJIFILM X-T30 provides better battery performance than the other one. So, I recommend you choose the X-T30.
LCD monitor and Viewfinder:
These cameras have three inches1.04M-dot tilting TFT color LCD monitors with an aspect ratio of 3:2. These cameras’ dot count is just the same as the LCD monitors used in flagship models. You can see the monitor in the outdoor condition, and you will have the comfort to shoot still images and videos. You can tilt the monitor, which will help to capture photos from any angle. These cameras have 0.39 inches Viewfinder with 0.62X magnification, ensuring your comfortableness while capturing any images.
Image quality, Video, and Film simulation modes:
FUJIFILM X-T30 can capture up to 30 frames per second, and X-T20 can capture up to 14 frames per second. With higher fps, X-T30 will give you a smooth video recording and image quality. Besides, the X-T30 camera is updated with 16 film simulation modes, and X-T20 has only 15 film simulation modes. In addition, X-T30 has ETERNA mode, which is not available in the X-T20. This new ETERNA mode makes sure flat tone and natural color and makes explicitly sure the desired video quality and image.
Besides, you can use these cameras to capture 4K and Full HD videos with these cameras. But if you want to record a high-resolution DCI 4K (4096×2160) video, then you should choose the updated FUJIFILM X-T30 digital camera.
Weight and Dimension:
These cameras have the same weight. With a memory card and battery, these cameras’ weights are 383 grams, and without a memory card and battery, their weight is 333 grams. The dimension of X-T30 is 4.66 in. X 3.26in. X 1.84in. and X-T20’s measurement is 4.66in. X 3.26in. X 1.63in. The most exciting thing is that these cameras have a perfect size, so you can hold them while conducting professional purposes. Moreover, these cameras can operate in +32°F to +104°F temperature.
The FUJIFILM is a very renowned brand for making cameras. This company makes sure the standard of the products. So, they provide one year warranty with cameras of limited nature. If you find any damages, malfunction in the camera, you can claim your free service from the company. But, I recommend you use the camera carefully.
FUJIFILM X-T30 has better and professional features which are not available in FUJIFILM X-T20. Therefore, I suggest you choose X-T30 mirrorless digital camera.
FAQ about FUJIFILM XT20 and XT30
|Can I transfer my photos via Bluetooth in X-T20?|
No, this camera doesn’t have this feature. But, you will find Bluetooth Version 4.2 in the X-T30.
I’m confused between xt30 and ex20. I’m going to Africa for a month, which would be best?
These cameras can operate in challenging temperatures (+32°F to +104°F), but if you want to consider other features like fps, sensor, and film simulation modes, X-T30 would be the best one.
How many photos can I capture with the X-T30?
You can capture 380 photos with the X-T30.
Can I record 4096×2160 resolution videos with the Fujifilm x-t20?
This camera doesn’t support these resolution videos, but with the updated version X-T30, you can record 4096×2160 resolution videos.
What is the dimension of Fujifilm x-t30?
Fujifilm x-t30’s dimension is 4.66in. X 3.26in. X 1.84in. And this size is going to give you extreme grief in hand.
You can check some other comparisons below-