After scrutinizing the key features I found Gaggia Classic as the best choice to get. Let’s know why it is better.
Why Gaggia Classic is the Best Choice?
- The Gaggia Classic can rapidly heat itself, but the Rancilio Silvia cannot. You can prepare your favorite Italian espresso with this machine within seconds. In contrast, its competitor machine will take a little more time.
- It has a 72 oz water tank that is very handy as you do not need to refill the tank frequently. Rancilio Silvia has a 67 oz water capacity.
- The Gaggia Classic weight is 20 lbs; if you want to change its location, it would be more comfortable. As the Rancilio Silvia is 30.8 lbs, so it is a little bit of hassle for you.
- It includes a milk frother that will create a nice milk texture for you to make your favorite latte art. On the other hand, Rancilio Silvia doesn’t have a milk frother.
- Gaggia Classic is 1450 watts and has a 17.5 pressure bar pump that creates pressure to get your espresso quicker. And if you look at the Rancilio Silvia, it is 1100 watts with 15 pressure bar pumps, and sometimes it doesn’t work properly.
- You will get thick espresso from the Gaggia Classic; besides, the Rancilio Silvia cannot produce thick coffee.
These were the features and benefits of Gaggia Classic that made it the best espresso machine. But the Rancilio Silvia is not capable of providing you these features. So, the Gaggia Classic is worth your investment, and if you want to know its price, click on the button below.
Similarities Between the Gaggia Classic and Rancilio Silvia
- The portafilter of the Gaggia Classic and Rancilio Silvia is 58mm.
- They use stainless steel to build the machine.
- You can pull two shots from these two espressos.
- Both feature a steam wand, plus a cup warmer as well.
- The water tank of these machines is removable.
- You need to use ground coffee to prepare espresso every time since they have no built-in grinder.
|Specification||Gaggia Classic||Rancilio Silvia|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.4 out of 5|
|Water Tank Capacity||72 oz||67 oz|
|Weight||20 lbs||30.8 lbs|
|Dimension||9.5 x 8 x 14.2 inches||9.2 x 11.4 x 13.3 inches|
|Boiler||3.5 oz||12 oz|
|Pump Pressure||17.5 bar||15 bar|
|Frother Type||Pannarello Wand||No Frother|
|Housing||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
Differences and Similarities Between the Gaggia Classic vs Rancilio Silvia
Fast heat up or rapid heating is an essential thing for an espresso machine; fortunately, Gaggia Classic has this convenient feature. The machine won’t make you wait to make the espresso; also, it can provide you with a hot drink every time. On the other side, the Rancilio Silvia has no rapid heating function; thus, you need to wait. Also, this doesn’t give you a hot espresso; instead, you need to drink warm coffee.
Size & Weight
Gaggia Classic is compact; it takes less space on the countertop. But the Rancilio Silvia will take a little space, which is a bit tough for people who have space issues. Furthermore, the Gaggia Classic is lighter than its rival; it is 20 lbs, where the Rancilio Silvia is 30.8 lbs. So, the Gaggia Classic allows you to carry it easier than the Rancilio.
The water tank is an essential thing for any espresso machine, and the Gaggia Classic water tank is 72 oz. While the Rancilio Silvia tank capacity is 67 oz. Both have enough ability, yet the Gaggia is slightly better, so you can consider having this espresso for you.
Commercial Steam Wand
Gaggia has a commercial steam wand that is available in the Rancilio Silvia as well. And when you want to steam the milk or froth it, it offers you full control. It is capable of creating tight microfoam for latte art. So, now you can drink cafe-quality espresso or your favorite coffee shot at your home.
Both have improved pumps, but the Gaggia is the best because it has a 17.5 pump bar while the Rancilio comes with 15 pumps. While using the pumps, these two make vibrations that are not pleasant. But if you seek a quiet coffee machine, the Gaggia Classic would be an ideal choice because it produces excellent espresso, yet it is less noisy.
The Gaggia Classic and Rancilio Silvia have an updated control panel that is usually three switches. And these are for steaming, power, and brewing. The best part is, each of the buttons has its indicator light, so you can see when the machine is on or ready for brewing.
Gaggia Classic is 1450 watts power that also includes a 17.5 pressure pump feature. The Rancilio Silvia is 1100 watts that has 15 pressure pump bars. So, the Gaggia Classic creates better pressure to make a perfect shot. But you need to wait a little longer if you choose the Rancilio Silvia, plus sometimes the pressure bar of this espresso doesn’t work properly.
You can return the product within 30 days if you do not like the features or are not comfortable. However, the Rancilio Silvia has a three-year warranty, but the Gaggia Silvia has a one-year warranty. You may find the Rancilio Silvia provides a better warranty, but I would recommend the Gaggia Classic.
As both are made from the best quality stainless steel material, you can use them for years. And when you face any manufacturing defects in the machines, you can repair them within the warranty period. However, according to the consumers, the Gaggia Classic will last longer than the Rancilio Silvia, so think again before investing in the espresso.
Gaggia Classic and Rancilio Silvia are two fantastic coffee machines, plus they are made from quality stainless steel material. And without much maintenance, the machines will last for many years. Both are amazing, but I’d suggest you Gaggia Classic because it is perfect for excellent espresso. Moreover, it has some handy features that are missing in Rancilio Silvia. So, think again and invest in the best espresso machine for you.
Gaggia Classic and Rancilio Silvia Frequently Asked Questions
What is the material of the boiler?
The boiler is made from aluminum to make it last longer than other traditional boilers.
Is Rancilio Silvia made in the USA?
No, the machine is manufactured in Italy, plus it uses stainless steel material to make it last longer.
Is there any warranty for these two espresso machines?
Yes, the Gaggia Classic comes with a one-year warranty, while the Rancilio Silvia provides a three-year warranty.
What is the water tank capacity of Gaggia?
The Gaggia Water tank can store up to 72 oz water; on the other side, the Rancilio Silvia has a 67 oz capacity.
Do they feature plastic water reservoirs?
Generally, all the espresso machines include a plastic water reservoir, so yes, these two are the same.
Read other espresso comparison article