Galaxy Watch Active & Active 2 are two premium smartwatches from Samsung. If you want the better one between these two, we suggest you pick Galaxy Active 2.
Why We Suggest Galaxy Watch Active 2?
- Galaxy Watch Active 2 comes with a 5-ATM water-resistant feature that can be used even 50m underwater, while Galaxy Watch Active is just a splash-proof device.
- You will have 60 hours of run-time in a single charge on the Galaxy Active 2. But Galaxy Watch Active will provide you only a single-day battery backup.
- It has LTE & Bluetooth connectivity that allows you to pair with the one you prefer. On the contrary, Galaxy Active can be paired with only Bluetooth.
- Galaxy Active 2 supports Samsung Pay that allows paying at most standard checkouts. So, you can leave your wallet at home. On the other hand, Galaxy Active doesn’t support this facility.
- There is a special edition of Galaxy Active 2 that is Bluetooth Golf. This device has map courses with holes to have the performance report of your Golf sessions. Galaxy Watch Active doesn’t have such versions.
- There is a built-in mic & speaker in Active 2 which allows you to use the voice assistant. In contrast, Galaxy Watch Active doesn’t have this feature.
These were the reasons behind the recommendation. I guess you are no more hesitant to choose the best one – Galaxy Watch Active 2.
- Both smartwatches allow you to take calls, receive messages and notifications, and roam the internet, all without pulling out your smartphone.
- They come in aluminum with a silicone strap and are light enough to wear anywhere comfortably.
- Both watches will give you an automatic real-time alert if they detect a high or low heart rate.
- They have a fitness tracker that tracks your usual activities, from cycling to swimming.
- These devices are splashproof. So, no worry about water or spills.
If you are happy with these similar functions then you can go with Galaxy Active 2 or Galaxy Active. But if you want the best performance with improved features then you have to pick Galaxy Active 2.
Quick Comparison: Galaxy Watch Active vs Active 2
|Specifications||Galaxy Watch Active||Galaxy Active 2|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|OS||Tizen 4.0||Tizen 4.0|
|Battery||24 Hours||60 Hours|
|Warranty||1-Year of Warranty||1-Year of Warranty|
Differences & Similarities: Galaxy Watch Active vs Active 2
The smartwatches have almost a similar outlook. They both come with no additional bezels and look very stunning. There are two small pins on the right side adjusted with the body that can be used to control the settings. They are compact and would not make you feel uncomfortable even after a long session of use.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active & Active 2 come with a decent battery backup, and you are not required to charge them daily. Galaxy Active Watch comes with a single-day battery backup that means this one will back you up for around 24 hours.
On the other hand, Galaxy Active 2 comes with a 340mAH of battery that will provide you 60 hours of backup. This is one of the most durable smartwatch backups you will ever have with that many features.
The devices do a very fine job of tracking your heart rate with optimum accuracy for the whole time being. The Galaxy Watch Active & Active 2 comes with such a tracker that will automatically alert you if the device detects any high or low rate.
The screen will keep you showing your bpm. Thus you are always staying updated with your health condition, and the reports can be useful while visiting doctors as they can be used as reports.
You will get your fitness-related various stats on the watch screen. They are preloaded with seven exercise modes that will automatically detect your activity and give you the result based on your performance.
The watch will keep a count of your steps and calories all the time. Both the Galaxy Watch Active & Active 2 provide this feature, and they will be very much effective if you are a fitness freak person.
Contactless payment is a feature that is becoming very popular as this one is a quicker transaction and safe as well. Samsung smartwatches are integrated with their contactless payment method that is Samsung Pay. You will be able to make your payment with just a flick of the watch. To enable this method, you are required to add your card information to the system.
OS & Memory
Both the Samsung Galaxy Watch & Active 2 come with the Tizen OS 4.0 version. They are very fast and smooth. Samsung Galaxy Active 2 comes with the Exynos 9110 chipset/ They have enough storage options to store media files and other purposes. Galaxy Active 2 comes with 768GB+4GB of memory space, so you are never out of memory.
You will receive your smartphone notification on the watch screen by syncing the watch with your phone. There will be a notification for every call or SMS. The watch will even buzz during a notification so that you never miss an important call. The devices can be used to control your playlist as well. You can skip or play a song directly from your smartwatch.
Variants & Watch Faces
There is only a single black variant available for the Galaxy Watch Active, while the other one, Active 2, comes with 5 different color variants. The variants included the different colors of belts with the body. If you are dissatisfied with the default watch face, you can change it. There is a large collection of watch faces that can be set up from the app.
You can pair your smartphone through Bluetooth with smartwatches. The Galaxy Active 2 has the advanced feature of pairing with LTE. This one even has a special edition that is Bluetooth Golf. This version comes with thousands of preloaded golf course maps and automatic hole detection. This version is designed especially for those who are regular in golf courses.
Samsung smartwatches come with their smart voice assistant – Bixby. Samsung Active 2 can be used to command the voice assistant for any update or task. You can get the weather update or even make a phone call with just a voice command.
This feature allows you to receive a phone call to answer as well. As there is no mic and speaker in the Galaxy Watch Active, you won’t have this feature in this one.
Durability & Warranty
They both are two amazing watches, and there is no doubt about that. They are durable with a top-notch display and belts. Galaxy Active 2 comes with a 5-ATM waterproof rating. Thus you will get a more durable performance from this one. They are perfect for any extreme workout or sports. Samsung offers a 1-year of warranty for smartwatches.
I guess you got the point behind stating Active 2 is the best. Samsung Active 2 will surely enhance your fitness tracking way better than before. The accuracy is also tested by professionals. This one is the winner in this comparison for the durable design and the powerful battery. You may go for the Galaxy Watch Active if you are okay with the basic features.
Frequently Asked Questions about Galaxy Watch Active and Active 2
What is the type of battery?
They come with a Lithium-ion battery.
What is the display resolution of the watches?
The smartwatches come with a 360 x 360 Super AMOLED display.
Is the Active 2 military standard watch?
Yes. This one is a military standard watch with a MIL-STD-810G rating.
Do they track swimming?
They don’t count the laps. As Active 2 has a 5-ATM rating, you may wear it to see the duration and calorie report.
Is there any while variant available for the Active 2?
Unfortunately, No. There is a Gold and a Rose Gold variant.
Read more smartwatch comparison articles here.
- Apple Watch vs Samsung Watch
- Galaxy Watch vs Active 2
- Garmin Fenix 5 vs 6
- Garmin Vivoactive 4 vs 4s
- Garmin 245 vs 645
- Garmin 235 vs 245
- Garmin Vivoactive 3 Vs 4
- Jahidul Islam is mostly an expert in computer accessories and smartwatches. He is dedicated to helping people to choose accessories from different items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.31JBL Xtreme 2 vs Sony XB43 – Check Why Sony XB43 is Best?
- Gaming Headphone2022.08.31Hifiman Sundara vs HD650 – Which headphone performs better?
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.31Wonderboom 2 vs Boom 3 – What makes Boom 3 a Better Choice?
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.30JBL Xtreme 2 vs UE Megaboom 3 – Which one is Best?