Galaxy Watch and Galaxy Watch Active have some similarities. But you can pick the Galaxy Watch because it has unique properties, which makes it the best.
Why You Should Pick the Galaxy Watch?
- It delivers you an extended battery life than its competitor. This watch has a 472 mAh battery, while the other one has a 230 mAh battery. So, you can use this one day long, which is very convenient.
- Galaxy Watch can automatically sync data, thus you don’t need to add it manually. However, whereas the Galaxy Watch Active cannot do it manually, that is a hassle.
- This device offers you a larger screen than the Watch Active. Hence, you can effortlessly use your smartwatch. It has a 1.3 inched display while the other combines with a 1.1 inches screen.
- You will find more memory storage capacity on this device rather than its rival. It has 1.15GB RAM, whereas the Watch Active has 0.75 GB RAM. Therefore, it allows you to keep more data in it effortlessly.
Samsung Galaxy Watch integrated with these handy features that will take your experience to the next level. So, you can rely on this device with your eyes closed.
- Galaxy Watch and Galaxy Watch Active are waterproof, as well as dustproof smartwatches which increase the durability.
- These two have an AMOLED display which gives you a crystal clear view.
- Both smartwatches can track heart rate, GPS also can monitor your sleep.
- You can charge these devices wirelessly, and they took approximately two hours to charge fully.
Quick Specifications Chart
|Specifications||Galaxy Watch||Galaxy Watch Active|
|Editor’s Choice||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Battery Run-Time||80 Hours||24 Hours|
|Memory||4 GB||1.5 GB|
|OS||Tizen 4.0||Tizen 4.0|
|Chipset||Exynos 9110||Exynos 9110|
|Display||Super AMOLED||Super AMOLED|
|Product Weight||2.8 ounces||0.9 ounces|
|Warranty||1-Year of Warranty||1-Year of Warranty|
Differences and Similarities between Galaxy Watch vs Galaxy Watch Active
Compared to the Samsung Watch Active, the Galaxy Watch is built with a traditional design. The Galaxy Watch Active is slightly smaller compared to the Galaxy Watch. It has a 1.1 inches display while its brother has a 1.3 inches display. Thus, the Galaxy Watch is more convenient to use.
But these two have quite similar AMOLED display technology. Both are 360 x 360 pixels which offer a crystal clear view. And if you are in extreme sunlight, you can check all the features easily on these watches.
The battery life makes the biggest difference between these two smartwatches. The Galaxy Watch has a 472 mAH battery, while the Galaxy Watch Active is built with a 270 mAh. Therefore, you will get the longest battery life on the Galaxy Watch, and it can last for 3 days on average.
Whereas its brother can give you two days backup. However, you should charge these watches every night to use them daily.
These two lightweight watches are specially made for fitness enthusiasts in mind. That’s why both of them are integrated with some fitness features. For example, both smartwatches will track your heart rate monitor and store the data on the health app. So you can check the report anytime.
They also track the distance you walk, how many calories you burn, your swimming, to everything in between. Even they will track your sleeping time.
Additionally, these two smartwatches will notify you how much water, tea, or coffee you have to drink in a day.
These watches are compatible with iOS and Android devices. SO, they let you pick the call – both have a mic and speaker built-in on the watch. Also, you can reply to the text from your hand instantly. Finally, they will notify you about email or other things. Anyhow, these Samsung watches have Exynos 9110 chipset that actually helps to increase the performance.
Galaxy Watch delivers you a larger memory capacity than the Galaxy Watch Active. It has 1.15 GB RAM that actually makes the device smoother. Also, allow you to keep your important files, data, or music whatever you want.
On the other hand, the Galaxy Watch Active combines with 0.75 GB RAM. So, it has little storage capacity, that’s why you can grab the Galaxy Watch.
These two are military-grade watches that can handle a little dust or water splash. Furthermore, these rugged body designs can withstand any temperature. Samsung offers a one-year warranty on their smartwatches, but it is only for US users.
And the warranty will count the manufacturer’s defects only, if you need to repair your device, then makes sure your watch has no damages or a single scratch.
Both Galaxy Watch and Galaxy Watch Active have strong features. But the Galaxy Watch has a longer battery between them and a larger screen plus other features, as you can see. Thus our preference is the Galaxy Watch for you. And if you like the Galaxy Watch Active design or functions, then go with this either.
Frequently Asked Questions about Galaxy Watch vs Galaxy Watch Active
How long can I use the Watch Active with GPS on?
Generally, this device can deliver you up to 45 hours of battery life with GPS on. But the actual time varies for different users.
Do they provide a free charging pad?
Yes, both of them come up with a wireless charger, and it takes only two hours to charge up fully.
Will they monitor my HR?
Yes, Galaxy Watch and Galaxy Watch Active both devices will monitor your heart rate and notify you of the report.
Can I use these devices outside the US?
Yes, these devices can be used outside the USA, but you won’t get a warranty.
Can I store music on my watch?
Sure, these watches have huge storage capacity, so you can keep your favorite music or apps on them.
How to charge up these smartwatches?
These two smartwatches support wireless charging, and they come with a charging pad.
Read more smartwatches comparison here –
- Fossil Gen 3 vs Gen 4
- TicWatch E2 vs S2
- Fossil Sport vs Gen 4
- Fossil Gen 5 vs 5E
- Ticwatch E vs E2
- Fossil Gen 5 vs Samsung Active 2
I am working in the Kitchen Industry for the last five years, as well as with Baby Care items. My motive is to help readers find the best Kitchen essentials or whoever needs to purchase Baby Care Items.
I utilize my knowledge to help people get the best within their budget range.
I love trying different dishes so I have to purchase different kinds of crockeries. So, I am pretty sure I can provide you with the information on what you should look for when purchasing any Kitchen Essentials.
Before going to the market, ask yourself a few questions to make your purchasing process easier.
- How often do you need to cook?
- Do you have a large family or a small one?
- Your budget.
- Can you compare products?
And when you want to purchase any Baby Items, then ask yourself -
- How old is your baby?
- The material.
- Your budget.
You can check out some of my writings on Kitchen Items and Baby Care as well. I describe the features in detail for your convenience.
Follow or ask me anything about Kitchen or Baby Items on social media.
- Sony2022.06.01Sony a7 vs a7r – Learn Why Sony a7 is Better than a7r!
- Coffee & Espresso Machine2022.05.30Breville Infuser vs Barista Express – Check & get the best one
- Baby Monitor2022.05.30Nanit vs Nanit Plus – Check what make Nanit Plus Best Monitor!
- Cookware2022.05.30All Clad D5 vs Copper Core – Which cookware should be your pick?