What Makes the Garmin Fenix 6 an Ideal Smartwatch?
- Garmin Fenix 6 fits to provide performance with rugged plus has a sophisticated design. Also, it features an always-on 1.3″ sunlight-readable display which is 18% larger than Fenix 5.
- It combines with PacePro Technology that is an advanced training feature. While the Fenix 5 cannot provide this. The PacePro helps you stay on track, also, this will adjust VO2 max, including training status estimates.
- Garmin Fenix 6 has preloaded topo maps that let you navigate ski maps outdoors for over 2,000 worldwide ski resorts plus multiple global navigation satellite systems.
- It can last up to 36 hours in GPS mode while its competitor can stay 21 hours.
- Compared to the Fenix 5, you can wear this comfortably since the device is lightweight. It weighs 2.88 ounces, while the Fenix 5 is 3.07 ounces. Therefore, you won’t feel anything heavier on your wrist.
Hopefully, now you understand why we mentioned it would be an ideal smartwatch.
- Garmin Fenix 5 and 6 support Garmin Pay for the contactless payment solution.
- They support ANT+, Wifi, Bluetooth.
- Both are water-resistant devices.
- The watches support heart rate, including Pulse Ox.
- Garmin Fenix offers a one-year customer limited warranty.
|Specifications||Garmin Fenix 5||Garmin Fenix 6|
|Editor’s Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Dimension||1.9 x 0.6 x 1.9 inches||1.85 x 1.85 x 0.58 inches|
|Weight||3.07 ounces||2.88 ounces|
|Preloaded topographic and cycling maps||No||Yes|
|Bluetooth Low Energy, ANT+||Yes||Yes|
|10 ATM water rating (100 meters)||Yes||Yes|
|Human Interface Input||Buttons||Buttons|
|Contactless Payment||Garmin Pay||Garmin Pay|
|Elevate wrist-based heart rate||Yes||Yes|
|Built-in 3-axis compass, altimeter, barometer||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||One Year||One Year|
Differences and Similarities Between Garmin Fenix 5 and 6
Garmin Fenix 5 & 6 have stainless steel finishes that combine with the QuickFit watch band. Both of them include premium features to offer athletic interest with an aesthetic feel.
These two smartwatches are built with activity profiles. Also, the screen will show you performance metrics, including smart notifications. All you need to pair your smartphone or iOS to the Garmin Fenix and then set alerts that you want to get notification.
However, in terms of size & weight, the Fenix 6 has a slightly smaller interface, plus it is lightweight to give you comfort. It has a 1.85 x 1.85 x 0.58 inches dimension and weighs 2.88 ounces.
Besides, the Fenix 5 dimension is 1.9 inches by 0.6 inches by 1.9 inches, and its weight is 3.07 ounces.
Talking about the display, both Fenix offers a sunlight-readable display. But the Fenix 6 is slightly better because it has an 18% larger screen than its competitor.
The Fenix 6 can provide longer battery life than Fenix 5. You will get up to 36 hours of battery backup with GPS mode, while the Fenix 5 offers 21 hours. Both can last up to 14 days in smartwatch mode.
Fortunately, these two devices have a battery saver feature, and Fenix 5 provides 44 hours of backup while 6 can last 48 days. So, you can consider the Fenix 6 since it will give you a more extended backup.
Moreover, the Fenix 6 smartwatch can last 10 hours with GPS + Music mode. You can choose the Garmin Fenix 6 as the device battery is better than the previous one.
You will get advanced training on Fenix 6. It features PacePro that will guide you throughout your activity. Moreover, it will estimate the training status plus adjusted VO2 max. On the other hand, Fenix 5 does not feature the PacePro, so you won’t find those awesome functions from this.
TOPO and Ski Maps
Garmin Fenix 6 includes preloaded TOPO maps so that you can navigate your adventures plus view over 2,000 worldwide ski-resort. And both Fenix devices have a built-in gyroscope, biometric altimeter & sensors for a 3-axis compass. Moreover, they support satellite systems, such as Galileo, GPS, and GLONASS.
To help monitor your performance and form, every Fenix watch is packed with training features, so do these two. You can also compare your workout result with your peers. Also, you can see exactly how your workouts are paying off. Enhanced readouts for training will show the training effects plus status. You can estimate the maximum volume of oxygen you consume per minute, you can check your running speed, beats per minute, and heart rate variability.
These watches will show your heart rate, as well as Pulse Ox. And the Fenix 6 also monitors your sleep, but the Fenix 5 does not monitor sleep. However, these are not medical devices and are not used to monitor or diagnose any medical condition. Furthermore, you can see the heart rate, with calories burned information during your fitness activities.
Garmin Fenix 5 & 6 have Bluetooth features, and you can listen to music while running or during your workouts. Once you pair these devices with your smartphone, you can receive calls directly on this or send text messages as well. Moreover, they include the “find my watch” function. You can easily find your device with it if you cannot find your device.
Both smartwatches support Garmin Pay that gives a contactless payment solution. If you forget cash or card at your home, then don’t worry. You can still pay from your smartwatch but unfortunately, this is not available in all countries.
Garmin Fenix is warranted for one year, they will cover any defects in materials or if there are any workmanship issues. You can repair or replace your device within this period if the watch fails in normal use.
But remember, you won’t get free warranty service if the device has any scratches or dents, damaged battery, misuse of the product, or any sort of damages performed by you.
So, these impressive features ensure that the Garmin Fenix 6 is better than its competitor. If you want to upgrade your smartwatch, the Fenix 6 would be an ideal option. We strongly suggest you choose this one, but if you are okay without these upgraded features, then Fenix 5 could be the best choice for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are they able to update the time zone automatically?
Yes, both Garmin Fenix 5 & 6 update time zones automatically during traveling and show notification on the lock screen.
Can I pair Fenix 6 with an iPhone?
Sure, you can pair your smartwatch with an iPhone, but for that, you need to set your phone notifications to get desired alerts you want to be displayed on the watch. Or else the notification won’t display on the watch.
Are they waterproof?
Garmin Fenix 5 and 6 both watches are 10 ATM water rated plus your activities won’t have any problem.
Can I download music on these smartwatches?
Yes, they support Spotify, Amazon music, so you can download your favorite songs right on your smartwatch.
Wanna check more smartwatches comparisons? Click on the links below –
- Garmin Vivoactive 4 vs 4s
- Garmin 245 vs 645
- Garmin 235 vs 245
- Garmin Vivoactive 3 Vs 4
- Garmin Venu vs Vivoactive 4
- Fitbit Versa 2 vs Apple Watch 5
- Fitbit Inspire 2 vs Charge 4
- Fitbit Ionic vs Versa
- Fitbit vs Samsung watch
- Fitbit Versa vs Apple Watch
I am working in the Kitchen Industry for the last five years, as well as with Baby Care items. My motive is to help readers find the best Kitchen essentials or whoever needs to purchase Baby Care Items.
I utilize my knowledge to help people get the best within their budget range.
I love trying different dishes so I have to purchase different kinds of crockeries. So, I am pretty sure I can provide you with the information on what you should look for when purchasing any Kitchen Essentials.
Before going to the market, ask yourself a few questions to make your purchasing process easier.
- How often do you need to cook?
- Do you have a large family or a small one?
- Your budget.
- Can you compare products?
And when you want to purchase any Baby Items, then ask yourself -
- How old is your baby?
- The material.
- Your budget.
You can check out some of my writings on Kitchen Items and Baby Care as well. I describe the features in detail for your convenience.
Follow or ask me anything about Kitchen or Baby Items on social media.
- Sony2022.06.01Sony a7 vs a7r – Learn Why Sony a7 is Better than a7r!
- Coffee & Espresso Machine2022.05.30Breville Infuser vs Barista Express – Check & get the best one
- Baby Monitor2022.05.30Nanit vs Nanit Plus – Check what make Nanit Plus Best Monitor!
- Cookware2022.05.30All Clad D5 vs Copper Core – Which cookware should be your pick?