Garmin Vivoactive 3 and 4 are two top-notch fitness trackers having some impressive features. But our recommendation is Vivoactive 4 as it has upgraded functionalities than the previous one.
Why We Recommend Garmin Vivoactive 4?
- Vivoactive 4 has more than 20 preloaded sports apps with GPS. While the Vivoactive 3 comes with a 15+ preloaded sports app. You can reach your fitness goal quicker with the help of this smartwatch.
- It provides up to 8 days of battery backup in smartwatch mode. Besides, its rival gives 7 days backup. So, you can use it longer than the older one.
- You will get animated workouts right on its screen, whereas the Vivoactive 3 doesn’t have this feature.
- Garmin Vivoactive 4 features all-day health monitoring, so you can check your body’s energy level and choose time for rest or activities. On the other hand, the other one doesn’t have this awesome feature.
- It supports messages, phones, contacts, reminders, sleep monitors. But the Vivoactive 3 doesn’t support those applications.
These are the major reasons we mentioned the Vivoactive 4 better than the other one. You can consider this one if you truly want the best one.
- Garmin Vivoactive 3 and 4 have touch displays that allow you to check your health stat easily.
- Both support Bluetooth, GPS, and Garmin Pay which ensures contactless payments with ease, right from your watch.
- They are water-resistant smartwatches, so you can carry them on any extreme adventure without worrying about leakage.
- These smartwatches have a one-year warranty with a 30-day of the return policy.
|Specifications||Garmin Vivoactive 3||Garmin Vivoactive 4|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Dimension||1.7 x 0.5 x 1.7 inches||1.78 x 1.78 x 0.5 inches|
|Weight||1.41 ounces||1.27 ounces|
|Battery Life||7 days||8 days|
|Sports App||15+ Preloaded App||20+ Preloaded App|
|Display technology||240 x 240 pixels||260 x 260 pixels|
|Body Energy Monitor||No||Yes|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences and Similarities Between Garmin Vivoactive 3 and Vivoactive 4
Garmin Vivoactive 3 and 4 feature touchscreen display, but the upgraded version has better resolution. It has 260 x 260 pixels, while the Vivoactive 3 comes with 240 x 240 resolutions. You will get better clarity from the Vivoactive 4.
Both displays will show your heart rate monitor, GPS, Bluetooth connectivity. While you can watch animated workouts on the Vivoactive 4, also, it has Wifi connectivity.
If you want to reach your fitness goal quicker, then Garmin Vivoactive 4 is the right pick for you. That’s because it is built with more than 20 indoor sports apps that include swim, running, yoga, and much more. On the other side, the Vivoactive 3 includes 15+ preloaded apps, sports, GPS, etc.
The Garmin Vivoactive 3 dimension is 1.7 inches long by 0.5 inches wide by 1.7 inches high, and its weight is 1.41 ounces. Besides, the Vivoactive 4 size is 1.78 x 1.78 x 0.5 inches, while its weight is 1.27 ounces. If you want a lightweight smartwatch, then you should pick the Vivoactive 4.
These smartwatches have impressive safety and tracking features. When you connect your smartwatch to the phone, the watch can send your location to your contacts. The Vivoactive 4 has a built-in incident detection, but this function is not available on the Vivoactive 3. This feature will send an alert to your emergency contact if an incident has taken place. Moreover, the Vivoactive 4 will monitor your body’s energy level so that you can find the best time for taking a rest or doing other activities.
However, these smart devices will monitor your heart rate during the workout sessions, also, stress. This will show you exactly how your body responds while you perform different workouts. Also, they have built-in GPS that lets you track your walking or bike rides. And for the GPS, you don’t need to pair your device to your phone.
Vivoactive 4 lets you respond to the calls and messages right from the watch. It can be paired up with the iPhone or Android device that allows you to receive phone calls or texts. But the Vivoactive 3 doesn’t let you do this.
These two watches support Email, Heart Rate Monitor, and GPS. While you get an email, the devices will push a notification alert.
The Garmin Vivoactive 4 battery gives you up to eight days of backup in smartwatch mode. Besides, the Vivoactive 3 battery gives you seven days backup in smartwatch mode. Since the Vivoactive 4 has a better battery life, this could be your best bet.
They come with a one-year limited warranty, and if there are any defects, you can repair them within 90-days. Remember, the warranty service is only available for the original user. Also, if you do not like the watch then you can replace it with a new one within 30-days.
Garmin Vivoactive 3 and 4 combines with Garmin Pay that gives you the benefits of contactless payment. You can also personalize your apps to the watch from the IQ store. The devices have a Garmin Coach that works like a personal coach right on your wrist. It will train you for the next 5K, 10K, or half-marathon.
We hope now you realize why we recommend the Garmin Vivoactive 4. It is full of handy features that make the device more user-friendly than its rival. So this would be your best pick. But if you do not want the upgraded features, then Vivoactive 3 is the right choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Garmin Vivoactive 3 and 4
|How’s their battery life?
Garmin Vivoactive 4 has a longer battery life than the Vivoactive 3. It gives up to 8 days of backup, while the Vivoactive 3 offers 7 days.
How many workouts are available on those smartwatches?
Vivoactive 3 comes with 15+ preloaded workouts, whereas the Vivoactive 4 has more than 20 workouts.
Can I set up different languages on them?
Yes, touch and hold on to the watch face, it will show you the settings. And then scroll down to the System, then language, and select the language you want.
Can I add multiple alarms to the Vivoactive 3?
Yes, you can add multiple alarms at different times and on different days.
Can I answer calls and messages?
You can answer messages and calls from the Vivoactive 4, but this is not available on the Vivoactive 3.
Read more smartwatch comparisons here.
- Garmin Venu vs Vivoactive 4
- Fitbit Versa 2 vs Apple Watch 5
- Fitbit Inspire 2 vs Charge 4
- Fitbit Ionic vs Versa
- Fitbit vs Samsung watch
- Fitbit Versa vs Apple Watch
- Fitbit Versa 2 vs Apple Watch
- Fitbit Sense vs Apple Watch 6
- Fitbit Charge 2 vs Charge 3
I am working in the Kitchen Industry for the last five years, as well as with Baby Care items. My motive is to help readers find the best Kitchen essentials or whoever needs to purchase Baby Care Items.
I utilize my knowledge to help people get the best within their budget range.
I love trying different dishes so I have to purchase different kinds of crockeries. So, I am pretty sure I can provide you with the information on what you should look for when purchasing any Kitchen Essentials.
Before going to the market, ask yourself a few questions to make your purchasing process easier.
- How often do you need to cook?
- Do you have a large family or a small one?
- Your budget.
- Can you compare products?
And when you want to purchase any Baby Items, then ask yourself -
- How old is your baby?
- The material.
- Your budget.
You can check out some of my writings on Kitchen Items and Baby Care as well. I describe the features in detail for your convenience.
Follow or ask me anything about Kitchen or Baby Items on social media.
- Sony2022.06.01Sony a7 vs a7r – Learn Why Sony a7 is Better than a7r!
- Coffee & Espresso Machine2022.05.30Breville Infuser vs Barista Express – Check & get the best one
- Baby Monitor2022.05.30Nanit vs Nanit Plus – Check what make Nanit Plus Best Monitor!
- Cookware2022.05.30All Clad D5 vs Copper Core – Which cookware should be your pick?