If you are confused about selecting a better smartwatch from Garmin Vivoactive 4 and 4s, I’d highly recommend Garmin 4 because of its improved features.
Why I Recommend Garmin Vivoactive 4?
- Both use a transflective display, but Garmin Vivoactive 4 screen is very clear to see in daylight rather than the Vivoactive 4s.
- The GPS and Heart Rate sensor of this device is very accurate. Thus, it will show you the perfect heart rate during your workout session, while the Vivoactive 4s cannot provide you an accurate heart rate.
- You can use Vivoactive 4 for up to 8 days in smartwatch mode. On the other hand, its competitor offers a 7 days battery backup. Also, you can use it for 6 hours with GPS & Music, but the Vivoactive 4s can give you 5 hours of backup with these.
- It costs much less than the Garmin 4s. So, you are getting all those advanced functions with Garmin 4 at a very cheaper price.
If you are a smartwatch freak, then Garmin Vivoactive 4 would be suitable for you. So you can consider this.
- Garmin Vivoactive 4 and 4s are waterproof. So, using these devices won’t be a problem during swimming or showering.
- Their safety and tracking features include incident detection that provides your real time location to emergency contacts.
- They combine with Connect IQ so you can customize your smartwatch with thousands of free watch faces, apps and widgets.
- They support Garmin Pay that allows contactless payment through your smartwatch.
- The devices have a one-year warranty period.
|Specifications||Garmin Vivoactive 4||Garmin Vivoactive 4s|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Dimension||1.78 x 1.78 x 0.5 inches||1.57 x 1.57 x 0.5 inches|
|Weight||1.27 ounces||1.28 ounces|
|Battery life with Music and GPS||Up to 6 hours||Up to 5 hours|
|Battery life in Smartwatch mode||8 days||7 days|
|Heart Rate Monitor||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences and Similarities: Garmin Vivoactive 4 vs 4s
Safety & Tracking Feature
You can find safety features on your watch, which is great about these Garmin Vivoactive smartwatches. When your watch is paired with your android or iOS, it is capable of sending location to your emergency contact with location. That’s because these have built-in incident detection. If your watch detects any incident is going to happen, this will instantly notify your emergency contact.
These devices give you a contactless payment solution, so don’t worry if you forget to cast your home. Paying is a breeze now with your smartwatch. Make payment or purchase with your Garmin anytime. However, Garmin Pay may not available for all countries.
Smart Notification & Health Monitor
You will receive emails or get alerts right on your watch. Also, you will get a text plus response from your hand when you pair the device with your smartphone.
Furthermore, they monitor your heart rate plus share you accurate result every time. Also, the devices will monitor the body’s energy level throughout the day. This helps you find out the best time for an activity or when you should rest, and so on.
Both will track your Pulse Ox, energy levels, your stress, track your sleep, menstrual cycle, and much more.
These watches provide a personal running coach on your wrist, which is free. The Garmin Coach will train 5k, 10k, or for your next half-marathon as well. Furthermore, you can find animated workouts on these devices.
They feature easy-to-follow animated cardio, yoga or strength, and Pilates workouts. You can view them on your watch screen that is very convenient for the users.
You can either choose a workout from preloaded animated. Or you can download more workouts from the Garmin Connect store.
Garmin Vivoactive 4 and 4s are compatible with Amazon Music, Spotify, or Deezer. Hence, you can download your favorite songs on your watch plus listen to them during every workout session. They also have Bluetooth, which allows you to pair your smartphone to the watch for phone-free listening.
Garmin Vivoactive 4 and 4s offer a one-year limited warranty from the day you get your watch. The warranty covers any manufacturer defects on your watch. You will get a warranty for the manufacturer’s issues, but if you damage anything, then they won’t repair your device. However, the guarantee is applicable worldwide, so don’t worry if you are outside of the USA.
These two amazing smartwatches carry same features, yet the Garmin Vivoactive 4 include some impressive feature. That’s why we recommend you choose this one rather than the 4s. You will get more battery backup plus other convenient features from the Vivoactive 4s. So, before purchasing a smartwatch, consider these features to get the best one.
Frequently Asked Questions about Garmin Vivoactive 4 vs 4s
|Are they iOs compatible?|
As long as your phone supports Bluetooth, you can connect the device with iOS.
Do they have a safety tracking function?
Yes, the devices include a safety tracking feature that will send a text to your emergency contact if the device detects any incident.
Can I use Garmin Pay?
Yes, you will find the Garmin Pay feature from the Vivoactive 4 and 4s. Hence you will get the chance of contactless payment.
Can I delete messages from these devices?
Sure, but you cannot delete all messages at once, you’ve to delete each message separately.
Can I listen to a podcast using the Vivoactive 4s?
Yes, this smartwatch support Spotify, so you can listen to podcasts using it.
Do you want to learn more comparison about smartwatches? Check below.