Google Pixel 2 vs Pixel 4a – Learn Why Pixel 4a is Best!
If you want to get the authentic android experience from the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 4a, we strongly recommend you choose the Pixel 4a.
Why we recommend Google Pixel 4a?
- Google Pixel 4a has 6 GB RAM that can render memory data quicker than the earlier version. That’s because the Pixel 2 includes 4 GB RAM.
- This delivers 128 GB internal storage. Besides, its rival one has 64 GB storage capacity. However, Google does not support any external SD card, so the storage is fixed type. Hence, you will get more storage on this device rather than Pixel 2.
- It is integrated with Android 10, which improves the brightness plus battery and ensures the device is responsive faster. By contrast, its competitor has an Android 8 OS version that doesn’t work like this one.
- The Pixel 4a includes a 3140 mAh battery, and you can use this device for 24 hours on a charge. On the other hand, Pixel 2 has a 2700 mAh battery, and it can stay for 13 hours on average.
- It gives you 4G cellular technology, whereas its’ little brother has 2G cellular technology. Therefore, this phone offers you a faster internet speed.
- This device has a 5.8 inches Full HD+ display, it gives you edge-to-edge incredible performance, and you will be immersed in videos or games. While the Pixel 2 has a 5 inches display that cannot perform like this one.
Google Pixel 4a comes with these unique features which are missing on the Pixel 2. So if you want to upgrade your smartphone, this should be your choice.
- Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 4 combine with a 60Hz refresh rate to make the device responsive.
- These phones feature an unlocked wireless carrier so that you can use any carrier you want. They can be used internationally.
- They feature 12 MP rear and 8 MP front cameras. The camera allows you to capture outstanding photos even in the low light without a flashlight.
- Both devices combine with a fast-charging function; hence, you don’t need to wait much to charge the phone fully.
Google Pixel 4a vs Pixel 2: Quick Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Google Pixel 2||Google Pixel 4a|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|RAM||4 GB||6 GB|
|Storage||64 GB||128 GB|
|Operating System||Android 8.0||Android 10|
|Battery||2700 mAh||3140 mAh|
|Processor||Snapdragon 835||Snapdragon 730G|
|Weight||5 ounces||5 ounces|
|Display Size||5 inches||5.8″ FHD+|
|Size||5.74 x 0.31 x 2.74 inches||5.7 x 2.7 x 0.3 inches|
|Rear Camera||12 MP||12 MP|
|Selfie Camera||8 MP||8 MP|
|Warranty||2 Years||2 Years|
Things you can consider about the Google Pixel 2 –
This fantastic phone has some incredible features that you can think about before making your buying decision.
- It has a Snapdragon 835 processor; besides, the Pixel 4a comes with Snapdragon 730G. The Pixel 2’s processor gives 14% faster performance than its brother.
- This device is built with an AMOLED display; in contrast, the other has an OLED display. However, the AMOLED display gives you better performance under direct sunlight or in excessive light.
So, these two were the best properties of the Pixel 2. But, unfortunately, these functions are not available in the updated version. Hence, if you are ready to compromise all the fantastic features of the Pixel 4a, then go with this one either.
Differences and Similarities Between Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 4a
When we talk about the performance, the Pixel 4a would be the winner because it has better RAM, storage capacity, and OS version. Google Pixel 2 comes with 4 GB RAM, including 64 GB storage. And the device has Android OS 8.
At the same time, the Pixel 4a is built with 6 GB RAM, including 128 GB storage. Therefore, it can read data quicker than its competitor. Additionally, it has an Android version 10 that improves the brightness level. This OS also saves battery life since it has an adaptive battery feature.
However, these Google Phones offer three years of free latest OS plus security updates. But since you will get better performance on the Pixel 4a, this would be your best bet.
Again, the Pixel 4a is better in battery life because it has a 3140 mAh, while the Pixel 2 comes with a 2700 mAh battery. Also, it has an Adaptive Battery feature that saves battery life and knows how you use the phone. As a result, the Pixel 4a can last for 24 hours on a single charge. While the Pixel 2 offers 13 hours of battery life on average.
The battery life depends on your usage, but you can choose this as the Pixel 4a has the better capacity. Additionally, these two smartphones combine with the fast charging feature; thus you don’t need to wait for much to charge your device fully.
When it comes to the processor, the Pixel 2 has a Snapdragon 835; at the same time, Pixel 4a is built with Snapdragon 730G. So, the Snapdragon 835 can give better performance. It has a 14% faster CPU speed than Pixel 4a Processor. So, even though Pixel 2 is good at the processor, you will get better performance on the Pixel 4a since the 4a device has more RAM and storage capacity plus an updated OS version.
These are unlocked phones so that they can be used internationally. Also, you can use any wireless carrier you want, whether it’s Cricket, ATT, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, etc.
Though both are unlocked phones, the Pixel 4a has 4G, while the Pixel 2 comes with 2G in terms of cellular technology. Therefore you will get the highest internet speed from the Pixel 4a. So it would be your best bet. Unfortunately, Google Pixel 2 is an outdated device that can’t deliver outstanding performance.
They have the same 12 MP rear camera and an 8 MP front camera. The camera lets you capture top-notch photos like a DSLR camera. Moreover, their HDR+ feature will automatically adjust the light and color. While with the Night Sight mode, you can even take milky way photos too. Besides, the front camera allows you to take amazing portraits.
You will get a 5 inches AMOLED display with the Pixel 2; hence this phone is convenient to use under direct sunlight. In contrast, Pixel 4a has a 5.8 inches FHD+ display. Hence, it assures you fully immerse in videos or playing games.
Both smartphones have a 60Hz refresh rate, so the phones are very responsive.
Google Pixel 2 is a waterproof device that can stay underwater for up to 1 meter for 30 minutes. So you can expect this phone to last for years to come. But the Pixel 4a doesn’t have this handy feature. That’s why you should be careful while using this device.
Anyhow, these Pixel devices are combined with a two years warranty from the date you register. These two years will cover any manufacturer defects on the phone. And if you damage any part, then you can’t claim the service, instead of that you have to pay for repairs.
Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 4a smartphones have convenient features. Both have their pros and cons, but a few upgrades make the Pixel 4a the best. Also, we strongly suggest this device. But if you are searching for a less pricey device, the Pixel 2 would be the best choice.
Frequently Asked Questions about Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 4a
|Can I use ATT on the Pixel 2?
Yes, you can use the ATT or other wireless carrier on the Pixel 2 device because it is the unlocked version. Also, the phone will work anywhere in the world.
Does the Pixel 4a combine with a headphone jack?
Yes, the mobile has a 3.5 mm headphone jack, so you can use any headphone or wireless headset via BT.
Are they waterproof?
Google Pixel 2 is a waterproof device that can stay in 1-meter water for 30 minutes. Unfortunately, the Pixel 4a is not waterproof, but this device is water-resistant.
Do they have dual SIM?
Yes, these two Google Phones combine with dual SIM, one is a single SIM while another is eSIM.
What is the battery mAh of these Google Phones?
The Pixel 2 is built with a 2700 mAh battery, whereas the Pixel 4a comes with 3140 mAh.
You can read some other comparisons below: