Google Pixel 5 is the updated version, so you will get the best performance on this device. Thus, we strongly suggest you choose Google Pixel 5 instead of Pixel 2 XL.
Why We Suggest Google Pixel 5?
- It has a Snapdragon 765G processor that makes your device a beast. Because it works in 2.4 GHz + 2.2 GHz + 1.8 GHz speed ratio, respectively. On the other hand, the rival one has a Snapdragon 835 processor, but it’s not quicker like the Pixel 5. Also, its speed ratio is 2.35Ghz + 1.9Ghz.
- Google Pixel 5 features Android 11, while the Pixel 2 XL has an Android 8 OS version. The updated OS ensures the device works faster, also, it improves the security system.
- You will get 8 GB RAM and 128 GB memory storage on the Pixel 5. At the same time, the Pixel 2 XL is equipped with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage capacity. Therefore, this device can read the memory data quicker. Furthermore, more storage capacity lets you store lots of files conveniently.
- This smartphone combines with a 4080 mAh battery, including Extreme Battery Saver. Hence, you can use the device for up to 48 hours on a charge. Besides, its competitor has a 3520 mAh battery, and it can stay for 17 hours on a single charge.
- It is a 5G compatible phone, but the Pixel 2 XL is not. However, with the 5G speed, you can play high-end games seamlessly, plus the device can download a movie within seconds.
- The Pixel 5 has a 6 inches Full HD+ display with a 90Hz refresh rate. So, the phone is very responsive, whereas the Full HD+ allows you to immerse yourself in videos. However, the Pixel 3 XL has a 6 inches screen with a 60Hz refresh rate.
- Google Pixel 5 is a water and dustproof device, that’s why you can use this confidently. In contrast, its little brother cannot handle water.
- It allows you to charge the device wirelessly, which is very convenient. Unfortunately, Pixel 2 XL doesn’t support wireless charging.
Google Pixel 5 is an updated device combining these fantastic features. If you want to get the best smartphone, then this should be your consideration.
Similar Features: Google Pixel 2 XL vs Pixel 5
- These two smartphones are built with a 12.2 MP rear camera with an 8 MP front camera. The camera allows you to capture outstanding photos.
- The Pixel 2 XL and Pixel 5 devices are unlocked that’s why you can use any carrier you want. In fact, these phones can be used internationally.
- They support up to 2 years warranty from the date you get the phone.
Quick Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Google Pixel 2 XL||Google Pixel 5|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Processor||Snapdragon 835||Snapdragon 765G|
|Operating System||Android 8||Android 11|
|RAM||4 GB||8 GB|
|Battery||3,520 mAh||4,080 mAh|
|Display Size||6 inches||6 inches FHD+|
|Size||5.4 x 2.6 x 7.4 inches||5.7 x 2.8 x 0.3 inches|
|Weight||7 ounces||13.4 ounces|
|Rear Camera||12.2 MP||12.2 MP|
|Selfie Camera||8 MP||8 MP|
|Warranty||2 Years||2 Years|
Differences and Similarities Between Google Pixel 2 XL and Pixel 5
While purchasing a device, you should consider the performance you will get. Pixel 5 will deliver outstanding performance because it is integrated with Android 11, Snapdragon 765G processor, 8 GB RAM including 128 GB storage capacity.
At the same time, the Pixel 2 XL comes with Android 8 OS, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB storage, and Snapdragon 835 processor. And the Snapdragon 765G delivers faster speed so that the device loads data quicker. At the same time, the 8 GB RAM helps render memory data faster than the 4 GB RAM of Pixel 2 XL.
In addition, with the 128 GB memory of the Pixel 5, you can keep lots of data without deleting them. But in terms of the other device, you may need to store data on Google Drive.
The Pixel 2 XL has a 3,520 mAh battery that offers you 17 hours of backup on a single charge when it comes to battery life. While the Pixel 5 has 4,080 mAh, hence you can use it for up to 48 hours.
Additionally, the Pixel 5 has an Extreme Battery Saver feature. So the device will save battery life since it knows how you use the phone. Moreover, you can wirelessly charge this device.
Also, both offer fast charging and come with an 18W fast charger. As a result, it takes only 30 minutes to charge the phones 50%.
In terms of display technology, both have an OLED screen. But the Pixel 5 has a 6 inches Full HD+ screen with a 90Hz refresh rate. Hence, the phone is very responsive, and you will fully immerse in whatever you are watching.
In contrast, the Pixel 2 XL has a 6 inches display with a 60Hz refresh rate. This smartphone is not responsive like the updated version. To get the convenience of use, you can select the Pixel 5.
These Pixel devices come with the same 12 MP rear and an 8 MP front camera. The camera can capture impressive photos even in no lights without a flashlight. You can click DSLR quality photos with the Front camera. However, they have an HDR+ feature – when you capture images with this feature on, this will automatically increase the color or lighting.
Google Pixel 5 has a 5G network, so the device gives you extra speed when you download a movie or watch an HD video. Also, it lets you play high-end games seamlessly.
Besides, the Pixel 2 XL is a 4G compatible phone. It also gives a fantastic experience while surfing the internet but is not convenient like the Pixel 5.
You will get a two-year warranty on these Google Pixel devices. Both also offer a 30-days return policy, if you do not like your phone, then simply return it. However, this two-year period will cover any manufacturer damages. And if your phone has a single scratch, then you can’t claim the warranty.
Pixel 2 XL is an entry-level smartphone. So, people who are searching for a budget-friendly device can choose this one. But we recommend Pixel 5 because it is the updated version that combines incredible features. So, it would be worth it.
Frequently Asked Questions about Google Pixel 5 and Pixel 2 XL
|Are they factory unlocked devices?
Yes, these two Google smartphones are unlocked so that you can use any mobile carrier you want, whether it’s Cricket, Verizon, ATT, T-Mobile, Sprint.
Does the Pixel 2 XL have Dual SIM?
No, this doesn’t have a dual SIM feature, but the Pixel 5 is a Dual
Are they 5G compatible?
Google Pixel 5 is a 5G compatible device that gives an extra boost to your phone. Besides, the Pixel 2 XL has 2G cellular technology.
Can I take a screenshot of the Pixel 5 device?
Definitely, simply press the lower volume button and power button at the same time. Or you can also ask your Google Assistant to take a Screenshot.
Is there any return policy?
Yes, you can return the device within 30-days if you do not like it.
You can read more smartphones comparisons below: