Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 5 are good-quality phones plus built with quality materials. They will give you a smooth performance. If you want to choose the best one, then we recommend Pixel 5.
Why We Recommend Google Pixel 5?
- Pixel 5 has 8 GB RAM, including 128 GB storage capacity. Besides, the Pixel 3 is built with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage. So, this device can read memory data faster than the other one. Also, it gives you massive storage capacity.
- It has an FHD+ display including a 90Hz refresh rate. It is extremely responsive, plus you will be immersed in videos or games. On the other hand, Pixel 3 has a 60Hz refresh rate and lacks an FHD+ feature.
- You can use this phone for more than 48 hours on a charge because it has a 4,080 mAh battery. Also, the device has an Extreme Battery Saver feature. In contrast, the rival phone has a 2,915 mAh battery. It gives you 15 hours of backup with a single charge.
- This is a 5G capable device, while its little brother doesn’t support 5G. However, the 5G network gives the device an extra boost so that you can upload or download files in seconds. Moreover, it let you enjoy seamless streaming.
- Google Pixel 5 is equipped with an Android 11 operating system that ensures loading data faster. Also, OS 11 improves security. On the other hand, Google Pixel 3 has an Android 9 Pie operating system, and it cannot work like the updated one.
- You can expect this device to last longer than its competitor. That’s because this smartphone is water and dust-resistant. Additionally, it can handle water for 30 minutes.
You will get the most amazing experiences from the Google Pixel 5 device. So, you can select this phone rather than Pixel 3.
- Google Pixel 5 and Pixel 3 smartphones have unlocked wireless carriers. So, these devices are compatible with any mobile network you want. Even they can be used internationally.
- They have a fast fingerprint sensor that lets you effortlessly open the device.
- The Pixel 3 and Pixel 5 devices are packed with a 12 MP rear camera and 8 MP Front camera. The camera allows you to capture outstanding photos even in dim light without flash.
Google Pixel 5 vs Pixel 3: Quick Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Google Pixel 3||Google Pixel 5|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|RAM||4 GB||8 GB|
|Storage||64 GB||128 GB|
|Battery||2,915 mAh||4,080 mAh|
|Display Size||5.5-inch||6 inches FHD+|
|Operating System||Android 9.0 “Pie”||Android 11|
|Processor||Snapdragon 845||Snapdragon 765G|
|Rear Camera||12 MP||12 MP|
|Front Camera||8 MP||8 MP|
|Size||5.7 x 0.3 x 2.7 inches||5.7 x 2.8 x 0.3 inches|
|Weight||5.2 ounces||13.4 ounces|
|Warranty||2 Years||2 Years|
Differences and Similarities Between Pixel 3 and Pixel 5
OS Version & Processor
When it comes to the operating system, the Pixel 5 is better. But in terms of the processor, the Pixel 3 is better. However, the Pixel 3 has Android 9 Pie OS, while the Pixel 5 has Android 11. The OS version 11 improves device safety, at the same time, performance.
However, Pixel 3 is packed with the Snapdragon 845 processor which is faster than Pixel 5’s Snapdragon 765G processor. The Snapdragon 845 has an 18% quicker CPU speed which lets you conveniently use the phone.
Pixel 3 phone comes with 4 GB RAM, including 64 GB storage capacity. On the other hand, Pixel 5 is built with 8 GB RAM with 128 GB storage. However, the 8 GB RAM of the Pixel 5 can read data quicker when you open an app or install a new game. Moreover, with its 128 GB storage, you can keep all your files.
These devices have fast and wireless charging features, also they come with an 18W fast charger that’s very handy.
Anyhow, in terms of battery capacity, these two are different. Pixel 3 has a 2,915 mAh battery that gives 15 hours of backup on average on a single charge.
While the Pixel 5 has a 4,080 mAh battery that can last more than 48 hours. Also, it has an Extreme Battery Saver, but the earlier device doesn’t include this feature. However, since the Pixel 5 gives an impressive battery life, you can consider this smartphone for you.
Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 5 devices are built with a 12 MP rear camera and an 8 MP front camera. As a result, these devices can capture vibrant pictures even in the dark without a flash. In addition, they have different photo modes, such as Portrait for studio-quality images and Night Sight to capture low-light images.
Also, the Pixel devices have ultrawide lenses so that you can take big pictures.
The Pixel 5 is a 5G compatible device, and the Pixel 3 is a 4G smartphone. So, the 5G feature of the Pixel 5 gives your phone an extra boost. It allows the user to upload or download movies in seconds, playing the latest games. Moreover, stream HD videos seamlessly at home or on the go.
Both Pixel devices have unlocked wireless carriers, which is very comfortable. Since they will work with any mobile carrier, you want. You can use Cricket, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile. Even these devices can be used internationally.
Google Pixel 3 has a 5.5-inches OLED display with a 60Hz refresh rate. Besides, Pixel 5 has a 6 inches FHD+ screen with a 90Hz refresh rate. The 90Hz refresh rate makes the Pixel 5 more responsive than Pixel 3. And we suggest you pick the Pixel 5 for better performance.
The Google Pixel 5 device is water and dustproof device that is very convenient as you don’t need to worry about the phone. It also makes the Pixel 5 durable. But the Pixel 3 doesn’t have dust or waterproof body, which is a downside.
However, these two combine with a two-year warranty. So if the device has any manufacturer defects, they will cover it with free service. But remember, if you damage anything, then the warranty won’t count it.
Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 5 are great devices, they both will deliver smooth performance. However, you can go with the Pixel 5 because it has updated features more than its brother. And if you have a tight budget, then choose the Pixel 3 either.
Frequently Asked Questions about Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 5
|Are they Cricket carrier compatible?
Yes, Pixel 3 and Pixel 5 are unlocked versions. So you can use the Cricket or other mobile carrier you want.
What is the warranty policy?
Google Pixel offers a two-year warranty from the date you purchase.
Do they come with earbuds?
No, Pixel 5 doesn’t offer any earbuds. But the Pixel 3 comes with earbuds.
Do they have gorilla glass?
Yes, both Pixel devices are built with Corning Gorilla Glass 5, which makes the screen very durable.
You may have interest in some other smartphone comparisons here:
- Google Pixel 3 vs 4a
- Google Pixel 3a vs 4a
- Google Pixel 4a vs iPhone SE
- Google Pixel 5 vs 4a
- Samsung S8 vs S8 Plus
- Samsung S10 vs S10 Plus
I am working in the Kitchen Industry for the last five years, as well as with Baby Care items. My motive is to help readers find the best Kitchen essentials or whoever needs to purchase Baby Care Items.
I utilize my knowledge to help people get the best within their budget range.
I love trying different dishes so I have to purchase different kinds of crockeries. So, I am pretty sure I can provide you with the information on what you should look for when purchasing any Kitchen Essentials.
Before going to the market, ask yourself a few questions to make your purchasing process easier.
- How often do you need to cook?
- Do you have a large family or a small one?
- Your budget.
- Can you compare products?
And when you want to purchase any Baby Items, then ask yourself -
- How old is your baby?
- The material.
- Your budget.
You can check out some of my writings on Kitchen Items and Baby Care as well. I describe the features in detail for your convenience.
Follow or ask me anything about Kitchen or Baby Items on social media.
- Coffee & Espresso Machine2022.10.25Breville Barista Pro vs Express – See why Barista Pro is Better?
- coffee grinders2022.08.31Breville Smart Grinder Pro vs Baratza Encore – Which one to pick?
- coffee grinders2022.08.31Baratza Sette 30 vs 270 – Choose Baratza Sette 270 & Why?
- Baby Car Seat2022.08.30Chicco Nextfit vs Graco Extend2fit – Check why Nextfit is Better!