Google Pixel 3a is an impressive smartphone, but you should consider the Pixel 4a. Because it has some quality features compared to the Pixel 3a, so you can select this phone.
Why You Should Select Google Pixel 4a?
- It has a Snapdragon 730G processor, which is faster than the Snapdragon 670 of the Pixel 3a. You can use the Pixel 4a seamlessly since it can load data quicker.
- This smartphone combines 6 GB RAM, including 128 GB internal storage. So, this phone delivers you a slightly faster memory readout rather than the earlier version. Because the Pixel 3a has 4 GB RAM with 64 GB storage capacity.
- Pixel 4a is compact plus lightweight than the Pixel 3a. Therefore, it is effortless to carry on the go.
- This device updated the OS to Android 10. Besides, Pixel 3a has an Android 9 Pie OS version. It can load data quicker than the 9 Pie so that you can use the phone quickly.
If you really want to update your smartphone, then Google Pixel 4a is worth your investment. But if you are ready to give up on some features, then Pixel 3a could be your best bet.
- Google Pixel 3a and 4a combine with the same 12 MP rear and 8 MP front camera. It lets you capture incredible photos even in low light.
- They have a 60Hz OLED display which makes the device very responsive.
- These two are compatible with any mobile carrier you want since they are wireless versions.
Google Pixel 3a vs 4a: Quick Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Google Pixel 3a||Google Pixel 4a|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Processor||Snapdragon 670||Snapdragon 730G|
|RAM||4 GB||6 GB|
|Storage||64 GB||128 GB|
|Battery||3000 mAh||3140 mAh|
|Size||5.96 x 2.76 x 0.32 inches||5.7 x 2.7 x 0.3 inches|
|Weight||5.1 ounces||5 ounces|
|Operating System||Android 9.0 “Pie”||Android 10|
|Display Size||5.6-inch||5.8″ FHD+|
|Rear Camera||12 MP||12 MP|
|Selfie Camera||8 MP||8 MP|
|Warranty||2 Years||2 Years|
Differences and Similarities Between Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 4a
Processor & OS Version
Before purchasing a phone, you should consider the processor plus the operating system. However, Google Pixel 3a has a Snapdragon 670 processor while Pixel 4a has Snapdragon 730G processor.
Besides, the Pixel 3a is built with Android 9 Pie, and the Pixel 4a has Android 10. So, the combination of the Snapdragon 730G and OS 10 ensure you get seamless performance from the Pixel 4a. It will load data quicker than Pixel 3a.
On the other hand, Pixel 3a is also good, but it’s not faster than the Pixel 4a device. That’s why we recommend the 4a version.
Google Pixel 4a can give you a slightly longer battery life than Pixel 3a as it has a 3140 mAh battery, whereas the Pixel 3a battery is 3000 mAh. Hence, the 4a can last slightly longer than the earlier version.
Anyhow, they feature an Adaptive Battery feature that knows which apps you use and thus saves battery life. These two also have fast charging functions; it takes only 30 minutes to charge up to 50%.
Both Google Pixel devices have a 12MP rear camera, including an 8 MP front camera. However, the camera can capture high-end images like a DSLR device. You can also blur the background of a subject while taking the photo or after. These two also let you capture impressive photos in the low-light environment without flash.
Moreover, you can instantly share photos from your Pixel devices to any social media via the viewfinder.
Google Pixel 3a has 64 GB internal storage and 4 GB RAM. At the same time, the 4a version has 128 GB storage with 6 GB RAM. As a result, the Pixel 4a can read memory data slightly faster than the 3a version. Also, with its massive storage, you can keep all your essential files. But the Pixel 3a has little space, which may be inconvenient.
They have a 60Hz OLED screen, so the device is very responsive. Pixel 4a has a 5.8 inches Full HD+ display, while the 3a is built with a 5.6 inches screen. With this screen technology, you will fully immerse yourself in videos or games.
Size & Weight
If you are searching for a compact and lightweight device, you can select the Pixel 4a. It measures 5.7 x 2.7 x 0.3 inches while it weighs 5 ounces.
Besides, the Pixel 3a dimensions are 5.96 x 2.76 x 0.32 inches, and it is 5.1 ounces. So there’s not much difference, yet the Pixel 4a would be the better choice.
Google Pixel devices are unlocked versions, so these are compatible with any mobile carrier. You can use Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T to any carrier you want. Even these devices can be used worldwide.
Google Pixel devices are built with quality material, so you can use them for years to come. Also, they offer a two years limited warranty from the date you get the smartphone. If you find any manufacturer issues on your device, then you can claim the free repair service.
Google Pixel 4 is the updated version of the Pixel 3a. So, it would be the best choice for anyone searching for a non-flagship device. Therefore, we strongly suggest you choose the Pixel 4a. But if you can compromise the updated features, then choose the Pixel 3a either.
Frequently Asked Questions about Google Pixel 4a vs 3a
|Do these Google devices support wireless charging?
No, Pixel 3a and 4a don’t support wireless charging, but they have a fast charging feature.
Are they unlocked?
Yes, Pixel 3a and 4a smartphones are fully unlocked versions. So, you can use any carrier you want on these phones.
Do they have a dual sim?
Yes, Google Pixel 4a and Pixel 3a phones have a dual sim. One is a physical sim, while another is eSIM.
What will I get with the Pixel 3a?
The Pixel 3a comes up with an 18W USB-C power adapter, Quick Switch Adapter, USB-C 1-meter charging cable, SIM tray tool on a card, and a quick start guide.
Do they offer a slot for memory cards?
Usually, Google phones don’t have a slot for a memory card.
You can read some other cell phone comparisons below:
- Google Pixel 4a vs iPhone SE
- Google Pixel 5 vs 4a
- Samsung S8 vs S8 Plus
- Google Pixel 5 vs Samsung S20 FE
- Pixel 5 vs iPhone 12
- Samsung S10 vs S10 Plus
I am working in the Kitchen Industry for the last five years, as well as with Baby Care items. My motive is to help readers find the best Kitchen essentials or whoever needs to purchase Baby Care Items.
I utilize my knowledge to help people get the best within their budget range.
I love trying different dishes so I have to purchase different kinds of crockeries. So, I am pretty sure I can provide you with the information on what you should look for when purchasing any Kitchen Essentials.
Before going to the market, ask yourself a few questions to make your purchasing process easier.
- How often do you need to cook?
- Do you have a large family or a small one?
- Your budget.
- Can you compare products?
And when you want to purchase any Baby Items, then ask yourself -
- How old is your baby?
- The material.
- Your budget.
You can check out some of my writings on Kitchen Items and Baby Care as well. I describe the features in detail for your convenience.
Follow or ask me anything about Kitchen or Baby Items on social media.
- Sony2022.06.01Sony a7 vs a7r – Learn Why Sony a7 is Better than a7r!
- Coffee & Espresso Machine2022.05.30Breville Infuser vs Barista Express – Check & get the best one
- Baby Monitor2022.05.30Nanit vs Nanit Plus – Check what make Nanit Plus Best Monitor!
- Cookware2022.05.30All Clad D5 vs Copper Core – Which cookware should be your pick?