The Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL come with the same processor, camera, OS version that’s why it could be confusing to select the better one. Well, we recommend the Pixel 4 XL since it has some updated features.
What are the updated features of Pixel 4 XL?
- The 4 XL has 128 GB memory storage, while the Pixel 4 has 64 GB storage. So, you can keep lots of data on this device compared to its rival. And if the device is running out of storage, then put the files on Google Drive.
- It has a 3700 mAh battery which allows you to use the phone for more than 24 hours. Besides, the Pixel 4 has a 3140 mAh battery that doesn’t offer longer battery life like this one.
- With Pixel 4 XL‘s 6.3 inches display, you can conveniently use the smartphone. On the other hand, its competitor has a 5.70-inch screen size that is not convenient.
These features of the Pixel 4 XL made it a better choice than the Pixel 4. If you want a longer battery life plus lots of storage capacity, then it could be your best bet.
- Pixel 4 and 4 XL are built with 6 GB RAM that reads data quicker than any conventional smartphone so that you can smoothly use the phone.
- Both feature Snapdragon 855 processor and Android 10 operating system version. These make devices very responsive while using.
- They have a dual rear camera, and you can capture outstanding images.
Google Pixel 4 vs Pixel 4 XL: Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Pixel 4||Pixel 4 XL|
|Editor’s Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Memory Storage Capacity||64 GB||128 GB|
|Battery||3140 mAh||3700 mAh|
|Screen Size||5.70-inch||6.3 inches|
|RAM||6 GB||6 GB|
|Processor||Snapdragon 855||Snapdragon 855|
|Refresh Rate||90 Hz||90 Hz|
|Rear Camera||Dual 16 MP + 12.2 MP||Dual 16 MP + 12.2 MP|
|Front Camera||8 MP||8 MP|
|Dimensions||0.33 x 2.7 x 5.77 inches||0.36 x 2.95 x 6.31 inches|
|Weight||5.7 ounces||6.9 ounces|
|OS Version||Android 10||Android 10|
Differences and Similarities Between Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL
You should consider the battery capacity while purchasing a smartphone. Because some devices drained the battery too fast, which is not a pleasant thing.
Google Pixel 4 has a 3140 mAh battery, whereas the 4 XL combines with 3700 mAh. As a result, the Pixel 4 can last for 17 hours on average. And the Pixel 4 XL gives you more than 24 hours of backup on a charge.
However, the actual battery life depends on your usage, and if you are a massive user, we suggest the Pixel 4 XL. Furthermore, they offer a fast charging feature, also you can charge them wirelessly.
You will get better storage capacity on the Pixel 4 XL since it is integrated with 6 GB RAM and 128 GB memory storage. Besides, the Pixel 4 offers the same RAM, but it has a 64 GB storage capacity. So if you need to keep lots of photos, songs, or games, then Pixel 4 XL would be an ideal choice. Or, if you are a light user, then select the Pixel 4 either.
Processor & OS Version
Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL built with Snapdragon 855 processor and Android 10 OS version. The Snapdragon 855 offers a 2.84 GHz CPU speed that gives smooth performance while playing a video or game.
On the other hand, the Android 10 also plays a vital game on your device. It also makes sure to load data quicker on Pixel 4 or 4 XL.
In addition, these Pixel devices offer three years of free OS update. So, if there are any new updates available, your phone will automatically update itself.
They are equipped with a dual rear camera, 16 MP + 12 MP, with an 8 MP front camera. You will get amazing photos without using the flash. The device has a Night Sight feature; it is faster plus effortless to use. You can even capture the Milky Way photo with Pixel 4 and 4 XL devices.
Anyhow, these phones have point-and-shoot features so that you can take the perfect photos.
When it comes to the screen size, the Pixel 4 has a 5.70-inch display, while the Pixel 4 XL is built with a 6.3 inches display. But they have a 90 Hz refresh rate which ensures the devices are very responsive. Additionally, these Pixel devices have Corning Gorilla glass which ensures durability.
If you want to use your phone comfortably, we suggest you pick the Pixel 4 XL device. Because it has a slightly larger screen, you immerse in videos or whatever you are doing with the phone.
These Google Pixel devices combine with a two-year warranty against any manufacturer defects. So, you can claim for free repair service if there are any damages. Remember, if you do not meet the warranty policy or if your device has scratches, then it will be void.
Pixel 4 and 4 XL are equipped with almost the same features, but the Pixel 4 XL has a few updated things. That’s why we strongly recommend you pick this device. But if you are okay with the Pixel 4 functions, go with this either.
Frequently Asked Questions about Google Pixel 4 vs Pixel 4 XL
|Are they waterproof?
Google Pixel 4 and 4 XL smartphones are not 100% waterproof, but they feature IP68 rated.
Can I use the Pixel 4 XL outside of the USA?
Yes, you can use it because the device is an unlocked version.
Is the Pixel 4 Verizon compatible?
Yes, you can use Verizon or other mobile carriers on the Pixel 4.
Does the Pixel 4 XL have an eSIM?
Yes, this has a dual SIM. One is a physical SIM, while another is an eSIM.
What is the glass type of these phones, and do they have a pre-installed screen protector?
Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL built with Corning Gorilla Glass. But they do not have a pre-installed screen protector.
Read more comparisons below:
- Google Pixel 3 vs Pixel 5
- Google Pixel 3 vs 4a
- Google Pixel 3a vs 4a
- Google Pixel 4a vs iPhone SE
- Google Pixel 5 vs 4a
I am working in the Kitchen Industry for the last five years, as well as with Baby Care items. My motive is to help readers find the best Kitchen essentials or whoever needs to purchase Baby Care Items.
I utilize my knowledge to help people get the best within their budget range.
I love trying different dishes so I have to purchase different kinds of crockeries. So, I am pretty sure I can provide you with the information on what you should look for when purchasing any Kitchen Essentials.
Before going to the market, ask yourself a few questions to make your purchasing process easier.
- How often do you need to cook?
- Do you have a large family or a small one?
- Your budget.
- Can you compare products?
And when you want to purchase any Baby Items, then ask yourself -
- How old is your baby?
- The material.
- Your budget.
You can check out some of my writings on Kitchen Items and Baby Care as well. I describe the features in detail for your convenience.
Follow or ask me anything about Kitchen or Baby Items on social media.
- Sony2022.06.01Sony a7 vs a7r – Learn Why Sony a7 is Better than a7r!
- Coffee & Espresso Machine2022.05.30Breville Infuser vs Barista Express – Check & get the best one
- Baby Monitor2022.05.30Nanit vs Nanit Plus – Check what make Nanit Plus Best Monitor!
- Cookware2022.05.30All Clad D5 vs Copper Core – Which cookware should be your pick?