Google Pixel 4a and Pixel 4 are unlocked android smartphones that have almost the same features. That’s why choosing the better one is a little bit tough. Anyhow, you should go with the Pixel 4a.
Why You Should Go With Google Pixel 4a?
- You will get a vast storage capacity of 128 GB on the Pixel 4a. Besides, the Pixel 4 combines with 64 GB storage capacity. So, it is obvious you can store more data in this device rather than its competitor.
- Pixel 4a is slightly lighter than the rival one. It is only 5 ounces, whereas the Pixel 4 is 5.7 ounces. The difference is little, but you can comfortably carry this device on the go.
- You will be immersed in videos or games with its 5.8 inches Full HD+ screen. But the Pixel 4 has a 5.7 inches display that doesn’t have the FHD+ feature.
The Pixel 4a combines with these fantastic features which are missing on the Pixel 4. So if you want to improve your user experience, this won’t disappoint you.
- The Pixel 4a and 4 come up with 6 GB RAM, including the Android 10 OS version. These things ensure you get faster performance from your device.
- Their screen has a 60Hz refresh rate that makes them very responsive.
- Both smartphones have a 3140 mAh battery, and it gives you 19 hours of backup on a single charge. Additionally, they have a fast charging feature so that you don’t need to wait much.
- These Pixel devices have a 12 MP rear camera with an 8 MP front camera. The camera works fantastic in all difficult lighting.
|Specifications||Google Pixel 4a||Google Pixel 4|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Storage||128 GB||64 GB|
|Weight||5 ounces||5.7 ounces|
|Display Size||5.8″ FHD+||5.70-inch|
|Processor||Snapdragon 730G||Snapdragon 855|
|Operating System||Android 10||Android 10|
|RAM||6 GB||6 GB|
|Battery||3140 mAh||3140 mAh|
|Rear Camera||12 MP||12 MP|
|Selfie Camera||8 MP||8 MP|
|Size||5.7 x 2.7 x 0.3 inches||0.33 x 2.7 x 5.77 inches|
|Warranty||2 Years||2 Years|
Differences and Similarities Between Google Pixel 4a and Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4a and Pixel 4 are built with a 3140 mAh battery. It gives you 19 hours of backup on a single charge. Additionally, these devices have fast and wireless charging features. As a result, they will take only 30 minutes on average to charge the device 50%.
In terms of storage capacity, the Pixel 4a gives you more storage rather than Pixel 4. It has 128 GB memory whereas the other one has 64 GB storage. Since the Pixel devices don’t support external storage, the Pixel 4a would be an ideal choice for you.
However, both devices combine with the 6 GB RAM that can render memory data quicker.
These Google phones are integrated with the dual 12 MP rear camera, including an 8 MP front camera. The camera quality is amazing that lets you capture impressive photos with details even in dim light.
They have HDR+, Night Sight, and Portrait Mode, which delivers outstanding photos like a DSLR device.
The HDR+ feature will automatically enhance the light so that the picture looks better. Besides, the Night Sight captures photos with rich color plus lightning.
They have an OLED display technology with a 90Hz refresh rate which makes the phones very responsive. Anyhow, the Pixel 4a has 5.8 inches FHD+ screen, so you can fully immerse in whatever you are watching or while playing games.
On the other hand, Pixel 4 has a 5.7 inches screen size, but it doesn’t have the FHD+ feature. Thus, the Pixel 4a would be an ideal choice for you.
You will get a better processor on the Pixel 4 compared to the Pixel 4a. It is equipped with a Snapdragon 855 processor, while the other one has Snapdragon 730G. The Snapdragon 855 gives you 13.29% faster CPU speed compared to its competitor.
Though it has a slightly better processor yet you will get better performance from the Pixel 4a. That’s because the Pixel 4a has a better storage capacity. However, these two have the Android 10 Operating System that helps improve the device performance.
Google Pixel 4a and Pixel 4 are unlocked devices, so you can use any mobile carrier on these phones. These two are compatible with Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T to every carrier. Even these Pixel devices can be used internationally.
Both phones are combined with a one-year limited warranty. This period covers any manufacturer defects. But if you damage the phone, then you won’t get a free repair service.
Google Pixel 4a and Pixel 4 devices have almost the same features. But you won’t regret investing in the Pixel 4a. Instead, this will take your experience to another level. So before making your best buying decision, you should consider the Pixel 4a.
Frequently Asked Questions about Google Pixel 4a vs 4
|Does the Pixel 4a have a headphone jack?
Yes, the device has a 3.5 mm headphone jack. Thus, you can pair any wired or wireless headphones with the Pixel 4a.
Are they waterproof?
These smartphones are not waterproof, but IP68 rated, which means the devices can handle water splashes.
Can I use Cricket Wireless carrier on the Pixel 4?
Yes, Google Pixel 4 is an unlocked device, so you can use the Cricket carrier in this phone. You can even use it internationally.
Do they have dual SIM?
Yes, these devices are built with a Dual SIM feature. One is a physical SIM, while another is an eSIM.
Do they support external SD cards?
No, these smartphones don’t have an external SD card slot.
You can read more smartphone comparisons below:
- Google Pixel 5 vs Pixel 4
- Google Pixel 5 vs Samsung S21
- Google Pixel 4 vs Pixel 4 XL
- Google Pixel 3 vs Pixel 5
- Google Pixel 3 vs 4a
- Google Pixel 3a vs 4a
I am working in the Kitchen Industry for the last five years, as well as with Baby Care items. My motive is to help readers find the best Kitchen essentials or whoever needs to purchase Baby Care Items.
I utilize my knowledge to help people get the best within their budget range.
I love trying different dishes so I have to purchase different kinds of crockeries. So, I am pretty sure I can provide you with the information on what you should look for when purchasing any Kitchen Essentials.
Before going to the market, ask yourself a few questions to make your purchasing process easier.
- How often do you need to cook?
- Do you have a large family or a small one?
- Your budget.
- Can you compare products?
And when you want to purchase any Baby Items, then ask yourself -
- How old is your baby?
- The material.
- Your budget.
You can check out some of my writings on Kitchen Items and Baby Care as well. I describe the features in detail for your convenience.
Follow or ask me anything about Kitchen or Baby Items on social media.
- Coffee & Espresso Machine2022.10.25Breville Barista Pro vs Express – See why Barista Pro is Better?
- coffee grinders2022.08.31Breville Smart Grinder Pro vs Baratza Encore – Which one to pick?
- coffee grinders2022.08.31Baratza Sette 30 vs 270 – Choose Baratza Sette 270 & Why?
- Baby Car Seat2022.08.30Chicco Nextfit vs Graco Extend2fit – Check why Nextfit is Better!