Google Pixel 5 and 4a are two great cell phones. They give you seamless performance, but if you want to choose the best one, we highly suggest Google Pixel 5 for you.
Why We Suggest Google Pixel 5?
- The Pixel 5 combines with a Snapdragon 765G processor, while the Pixel 4a has a Snapdragon 730G. The Snapdragon 765G gives you seamless performance than its little brother. Also, this processor allows you to play high-end games effortlessly.
- This device is built with 8 GB RAM, thus it can render data quicker than the earlier version. Because the previous one has 6 GB RAM, it is not quicker than the updated version.
- It has a 90Hz refresh rate, while the Pixel 4a has a 60Hz refresh rate. However, the 90Hz refresh rate makes the screen smooth plus wonderfully responsive than its competitor.
- Google Pixel 5 has an Android 11 OS version that improves the device security. Also, it helps the phone deliver outstanding performance than its rival, as the Pixel 4a has an Android 10 OS version.
- You can use this device for more than 48 hours on a charge with an extreme battery saver because it is integrated with a 4,080 mAh battery. On the other hand, the Pixel 4a is equipped with a 3140 mAh battery, which can last for 24 hours on a charge.
- The Pixel 5 device has a wireless charging feature that is very comfortable. It also has reverse charging. But the Pixel 4a only has a fast-charging feature.
- This device will take your experience to another level since it is combined with a 5G network. Hence, you can quickly upload or download any files. Whereas the Pixel 4a is a 4G compatible device.
- Google Pixel 5 is a water and dustproof cell phone, which makes it very durable plus reliable. At the same time, the Pixel 4a doesn’t combine these functions.
Google Pixel 5 is a well-balanced phone rather than Pixel 4a. So, if you want to use your cell phone smoothly, this should be your best pick.
- The Pixel 4a and 5 are packed with OLED FHD+ display technology, so you can use the phone effortlessly under direct sunlight.
- Both have 128 GB internal storage, thus you can add all your essential files on your phone.
- These are unlocked phones which allow you to use any mobile carrier you want.
Pixel 5 vs 4a: Quick Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Google Pixel 5||Google Pixel 4a|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Processor||Snapdragon 765G||Snapdragon 730G|
|RAM||8 GB||6 GB|
|Operating System||Android 11||Android 10|
|Battery||4,080 mAh||3140 mAh|
|Rear Camera||12.2 MP||12 MP|
|Selfie Camera||8 MP||8 MP|
|Size||5.7 x 2.8 x 0.3 inches||5.7 x 2.7 x 0.3 inches|
|Weight||13.4 ounces||5 ounces|
|Display Size||6 inches FHD+||5.8″ FHD+|
|Warranty||2 Years||2 Years|
Differences and Similarities: Pixel 5 vs 4a
The processor is the heart of a phone which measures the performance of a device. Google Pixel 5 combines with the Snapdragon 765G processor, while the 4a has the Snapdragon 4 processor.
The 765G processor delivers faster operation than the Snapdragon 730G. Also, the Pixel 5 has an Android 11 OS version. It improves the security of the phone, as well as speeds up the device. Moreover, it gives more control over the phone than older OS versions.
Pixel 4a has Android 10 OS, but it doesn’t improve the security like the 11 OS. Additionally, it doesn’t give you the freedom like the Android 11 OS.
Since the Pixel 5 combines with a better processor and OS version, it would give you faster performance.
Google Pixel 5 has 8 GB RAM, while the Pixel 4 has 6 GB RAM. But they have 128 GB Storage capacity. So the Pixel 5 can render data quicker than its little brother.
On the other hand, Pixel 4a cannot readout data like the Pixel 5, but it gives you incredible performance. Anyhow, if you want a slightly faster operation, then choose the Pixel 5.
You can use the Pixel 5 for more than 48 hours on a charge, plus it has an Extreme Battery Saver feature. In contrast, the Pixel 4a can last for 24 hours. This is because the Pixel 5 has a 4,080 mAh battery life, whereas the Pixel 4 comes with a 3140 mAh battery.
However, both offer a fast charging feature which is very convenient as you don’t need to wait much. But the Pixel 5 also combines wireless plus reverse charging.
Talking about the camera resolution of these Google Phones. The Pixel 5 and 4a have a 12 MP rear camera, including an 8 MP front camera. The camera lets you capture incredible photos in the dark with the night shot without the flash.
Whereas the HDR+ increases the color plus lighting automatically while you take an image. Moreover, they have a portrait mode feature that gives extra light so that it illuminates the subject. And the devices will deliver you a DSLR quality result.
These two devices are unlocked, which gives you the flexibility to change the carriers you want. In addition, these Unlocked phones are dual sim compatible. And you can use T-Mobile, Cricket, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, or any other carrier you like.
They have the same OLED FHD+ display technology, which makes the device very responsive. But the Pixel 5 has a 6.5 inches display while the Pixel 4a has a 5.8 inches FHD+ display.
However, the Pixel 5 has a 90Hz refresh rate, while the Pixel 4a has a 60Hz refresh rate. So, the 90Hz refresh of the Pixel 5 will deliver you a quicker response.
Google Pixel 5 is a 5G compatible phone, but the Pixel 4 is not. The 5G compatibility provides you with a higher speed than other devices. You can smoothly download or upload any data in seconds. In addition, the 5G lets you stream HD video, play high-end games, and much more.
Both Google Pixel 5 and 4a are high-end phones. But the Pixel 5 has some updated features, which made it the best one than the Pixel 4a. Also, we highly recommend you go with this device. But if you are okay without these high-end features, then choose the Pixel 4a either.
Frequently Asked Questions about Google Pixel 5 and 4a
|Does the Pixel 4a have a headphone jack?
Yes, the 4a is built with a 3.5mm headphone jack. Therefore, you can enjoy your favorite music anytime with this phone.
Does the Pixel 5 have a dual sim?
Yes, the Pixel 5 has a dual sim – it has a physical sim and an Esim. An Esim means electronic sim that you can download from your phone carrier.
Can I use Cricket Wireless on Pixel 4a?
Yes, the 4a is an unlocked device. Hence you can use Cricket, Verizon, or other carriers.
Does the Pixel 4a have a fingerprint reader?
Yes, Google Pixel 4a is built with a back-mounted fingerprint sensor that gives you fast unlocking.
What is the Google Pixel 5?
Google Pixel 5 combines with Snapdragon 765G, which increases the phone’s performance.
You can also read some other cell phone comparisons below:
- Google Pixel 5 vs Samsung S20 FE
- Pixel 5 vs iPhone 12
- Google Pixel 5 vs Samsung S20
- Pixel 4a 5g vs Pixel 5
- Pixel 4 vs 4a
I am working in the Kitchen Industry for the last five years, as well as with Baby Care items. My motive is to help readers find the best Kitchen essentials or whoever needs to purchase Baby Care Items.
I utilize my knowledge to help people get the best within their budget range.
I love trying different dishes so I have to purchase different kinds of crockeries. So, I am pretty sure I can provide you with the information on what you should look for when purchasing any Kitchen Essentials.
Before going to the market, ask yourself a few questions to make your purchasing process easier.
- How often do you need to cook?
- Do you have a large family or a small one?
- Your budget.
- Can you compare products?
And when you want to purchase any Baby Items, then ask yourself -
- How old is your baby?
- The material.
- Your budget.
You can check out some of my writings on Kitchen Items and Baby Care as well. I describe the features in detail for your convenience.
Follow or ask me anything about Kitchen or Baby Items on social media.
- Coffee & Espresso Machine2022.10.25Breville Barista Pro vs Express – See why Barista Pro is Better?
- coffee grinders2022.08.31Breville Smart Grinder Pro vs Baratza Encore – Which one to pick?
- coffee grinders2022.08.31Baratza Sette 30 vs 270 – Choose Baratza Sette 270 & Why?
- Baby Car Seat2022.08.30Chicco Nextfit vs Graco Extend2fit – Check why Nextfit is Better!