Google Pixel 5 and Pixel 4 are quality smartphones built with impressive features. However, if you want to choose the best one, we suggest Pixel 5.
Why We suggest Google Pixel 5?
- Pixel 5 has 8 GB RAM with 128 GB storage capacity. Besides, the Pixel 4 combines with 6 GB RAM and 64 GB storage. Hence, this device can read the memory data slightly faster plus offer you massive memory to save data.
- It is operated by the Android 11 OS version, which also helps the device run faster plus responsive. Furthermore, it improves the security system of the device. While the Pixel 4 has Android 10 OS, that doesn’t make the phone faster and improves security.
- Google Pixel 5‘s 4,080 mAh battery makes sure the device lasts more than 48 hours on a charge. Additionally, it has an Extreme Battery Saver that knows how you use the phone, and thus it saves battery life. At the same time, its competitor has a 3,140 mAh battery that lasts less than 24 hours on a charge.
- Pixel 5 is a 5G compatible device that increases the upload or download speed of the phone. On the other hand, its little brother is not a 5G compatible phone.
- This smartphone is very durable as it has both dust and waterproof features. This phone can handle water for 30 minutes. In contrast, the earlier version is not water or dustproof.
- It has a 6 inches FHD+ screen so that you can immerse yourself in videos or movies. Google Pixel 4, by contrast, has a 5.70 inches display which is not FHD+.
Google Pixel 5 is updated with these fantastic functions that are not available on the Pixel 4. Therefore, we highly recommend you invest in this device, and you won’t regret it.
Similar Features: Google Pixel 5 vs Pixel 4
- Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 5 are combined with 12 MP rear including 8 MP front cameras. The camera allows you to capture every moment with edge-to-edge detail.
- Their display has a 90Hz refresh rate that makes these devices extremely responsive.
- Both features unlocked versions, hence you can use any mobile carrier you want on these phones.
- These devices allow you to charge them wirelessly, and this is very handy since you don’t need to connect to charge the device.
Quick Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Google Pixel 5||Pixel 4|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|RAM||8 GB||6 GB|
|Processor||Snapdragon 765G||Snapdragon 855|
|Operating System||Android 11||Android 10|
|Battery||4,080 mAh||3,140 mAh|
|Display Size||6 inches FHD+||5.70-inch|
|Refresh Rate||90Hz||90 Hz|
|Size||5.7 x 2.8 x 0.3 inches||0.33 x 2.7 x 5.77 inches|
|Weight||13.4 ounces||5.7 ounces|
|Rear Camera||12.2 MP||12.2 MP|
|Selfie Camera||8 MP||8 MP|
|Warranty||2 Years||2 Years|
Differences and Similarities between Pixel 5 and Pixel 4
Google phones usually don’t equip with external SD card slots, that’s why you should consider a device with more storage capacity. Here, the Pixel 5 gives you 128 GB storage, while the Pixel 4 has 64 GB. Hence, you can keep more data in the Pixel 5. Additionally, it has 8 GB RAM, which can render memory data quicker.
Besides, Google Pixel 4 has 6 GB of RAM. Since the Pixel 5 has better storage, you should consider this one rather than Pixel 4.
You will get a longer battery life on the Pixel 5 as it has a 4,080 mAh battery, while the Pixel 4 comes with 3,140 mAh. Moreover, the Pixel 5 features Extreme Battery Save, which ensures you can use the device for more than 48 hours.
However, the Pixel 4 can last less than 24 hours, and you may frequently charge the phone, which is a downside.
The Pixel 5 also has a wireless charging feature and lets your device charge other Qi-certified devices wirelessly. You won’t find the wireless charging feature on the Pixel 4, but it has a fast-charging feature. Pixel 5 also has a fast-charging feature that’s very convenient.
It takes only a few minutes to charge your Pixel device fully.
When it comes to the camera, these devices are the same. They are equipped with a dual 12 MP rear camera plus an 8 MP front camera. In addition, these Pixel smartphones have a Night Sight feature so that you can capture outstanding photos in dim light effortlessly without the flash. Yet, the photo will be smooth, crisp, sharp.
At the same time, their HDR+ function will keep your every magical moment more vibrant as the devices will automatically enhance the color plus lighting. And their portrait mode allows you to capture stunning images like a DSLR device.
If your phone has a fast, responsive feature, then it would change the whole game. Fortunately, these two smartphones combine with a 90Hz refresh rate, making the device smooth and wonderfully responsive.
However, though they have the same refresh rate yet, there’s a slight difference. Pixel 5 has 6 inches FHD+ screen technology, whereas the Pixel 4 has a 5 inches screen.
So, the Pixel 5 will deliver you a better view compared to the 4 versions.
When it comes to the Processor, the Pixel 4 is better than the Pixel 5. This is because it has a Snapdragon 855 processor, while the Pixel 5 has Snapdragon 765G. The Snapdragon 855 delivers you 11% faster CPU speed than Snapdragon 765G, which is great for the Pixel 4 users.
But in terms of the Operating System, the Pixel 5 has an Android 11 OS version which improves the performance. It also updates the security system of the phone. While the Pixel 4 has an Android 10 OS version which is not updated like the Android 11.
Anyhow, both Google devices will automatically update themselves for 3 years when there is any update available.
Network & Connectivity
Google Pixel 5 is a 5G compatible device, but the Pixel 4 is not. Hence, with the Pixel 5, you will get the most advanced upload or download speeds. The device takes seconds if you want to download a movie or upload any files to the internet. Moreover, it gives you seamless video streaming, plus you will get uninterrupted gaming performance.
Anyways, these Pixel devices are unlocked. These are compatible with Cricket, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile to any carrier you want. Additionally, they can be used internationally.
Compared to the Pixel 4, you can use the Pixel 5 for many years to come. The Pixel 5 is a water and dust-resistant device, whereas the Pixel 4 can handle a little water splash. However, they deliver a two-year warranty that gives you free repair service for any manufacturer defects.
These Google Phones are built with the Quick Gesture feature. You just need to give a gesture to capture a photo or change the song and much more.
The Google Assistant is capable of detecting spammers plus gives you helpful information about who is calling. In addition, with the HD Duo Screen sharing, you can watch movies, live sports, or read articles with your friends or family.
Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 5 are two amazing devices full of handy features. But the Pixel 5 would be the best bet for you. Also, we highly suggest you choose Pixel 5 since it has next-level features.
And if you want to save some money plus be comfortable without these updated things, then choose the Pixel 4 either.
Frequently Asked Questions about Google Pixel 5 vs Pixel 4
|Are they waterproof devices?
No, only the Pixel 5 is a water and dustproof device. The Pixel 4 is not fully waterproof, but it is water-resistant, which means the device can handle a little water splash.
Does the Pixel 5 have a dual SIM?
Yes, this smartphone has a dual SIM slot. One is a physical SIM, whereas another one is an eSIM.
Is the Pixel 4 and 5 unlocked versions?
Yes, these two Pixel phones are unlocked. Hence, you can use any carrier data plan you want.
What is the warranty policy of these smartphones?
Generally, Google Pixel comes with a two-year warranty policy from the date you register the device.
Can I use an SD card for expandable memory?
No, these Pixel devices don’t have any external SD card slot.
Read more cell phone comparisons below: