You can invest either in the Google Pixel 5 or Pixel 4a 5G, and both are worth it. But we suggest the Pixel 5 smartphone as it contains some improved features.
Why we suggest Google Pixel 5?
- The Pixel 5 combines with 8 GB RAM that can read memory data faster and help load the phone quicker. Besides, the Pixel 4a 5G has 6 GB RAM, which works slightly slowly.
- It has a 4080 mAh battery while the rival has 3800 mAh. Hence, you can use the Pixel 5 for an extended time.
- This phone has a 90Hz refresh rate that makes the device extremely responsive. At the same time, the Pixel 4a 5G has a 60Hz refresh rate.
- Compared to the Pixel 4a 5G, the Pixel 5 is compact and lightweight. Thus you can effortlessly carry this phone.
- The Pixel 5 offers wireless and reverse charging, besides, the Pixel 4a 5G doesn’t provide these properties. However, the wireless and reverse charge is very convenient since your device can charge other devices with Qi-certified.
- You can confidently use Google Pixel 5 for years to come because it is water and dust-resistant. Unfortunately, the Pixel 4a 5G doesn’t provide this feature.
- Both devices have Gorilla glass, but it has Gorilla 6 glass. In comparison, its competitor has Gorilla 3 glass. And the Gorilla 6 glass withstands 2x more drops than the Gorilla 3.
These features made the Pixel 5 better than the Pixel 4a 5G. So if you want to get the best performance from your device, Pixel 5 would be worth it.
Google Pixel 5 vs Pixel 4a 5G: Similar Features
- These two Pixel phones have 128 GB storage capacity and an Android 11 OS version. With this massive memory, you can keep your essential data on the phone. While Android 11 improves the phone security system, as well as it helps in loading data quicker.
- The Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G devices are compatible with the 5G network, giving extra speed while watching or downloading a movie.
- Both devices have a 12 MP + 16 MP rear camera, which lets you capture outstanding photos even in no light. Also, they combine with an 8 MP front camera.
Quick Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Google Pixel 5||Google Pixel 4a 5g|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|RAM||8 GB||6 GB|
|Battery||4,080 mAh||3,800 mAh|
|Water and dust resistant||Yes||No|
|Weight||13.4 ounces||14.4 ounces|
|Size||5.7 x 2.8 x 0.3 inches||6.1 x 2.9 x 0.3 inches|
|Processor||Snapdragon 765G||Snapdragon 765G|
|Storage||128 GB||128 GB|
|Operating System||Android 11||Android 11|
|Display Size||6 inches FHD+||6.2″ FHD+|
|Rear Camera||12 MP||12 MP|
|Front Camera||8 MP||8 MP|
|Warranty||2 Years||2 Years|
Differences and Similarities Between Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G
Google Pixel 4a 5G and Pixel 5 have Snapdragon 765G processors with Android 11 OS versions. Both have 2.4 GHz + 2.2 GHz CPU speed makes them faster than any conventional device. Additionally, you can instantly open the phone since they provide top-notch fingerprint sensors.
On the other hand, Android 11 OS updates the security system. Also, it helps speed up the device.
These Pixel devices have a 128 GB memory capacity so that you can store your essential files in them. Unfortunately, they don’t support any external SD card slot, so you can keep data in Google Drive if your device is running out of storage.
However, Pixel 4a 5G has 6 GB RAM, while the Pixel 5 has 8 GB RAM. Hence, the updated smartphone can render the memory data slightly quicker than Pixel 4a 5G. So, it would be convenient to use
The Pixel 5 can last longer because it has a 4080 mAh battery with an Extreme Battery Saver feature. So you can use it for more than 48 hours. It has wireless and reverses charging features too. Moreover, this also works as a wireless charger for any Qi-certified device.
At the same time, the Pixel 4a 5G smartphone comes with a 3800 mAh battery. It also has an Extreme battery saver function so that you can use the phone for an extended period. Furthermore, these phones have a fast charging feature which takes only 30 minutes to charge 50%.
Pixel 4a 5G and Pixel 5 have a 12 MP + 16 MP rear camera when it comes to camera resolution. And an 8 MP front camera. These Pixel phones can take shots in the dark without a flashlight because they have a night sight function. While the HDR+ feature automatically increases the light or color. With their 16 MP ultra-wide lens, you can capture an incredible photo that fits the entire scenario.
Both devices have OLED display technology. But the Pixel 5 has a 90Hz refresh rate while the Pixel 4a 5G has 60Hz. The 90Hz refresh rate, so the device is very responsive. Anyhow, they have a 6 inches FHD+ and 6.2″ FHD+ screen size, respectively.
There’s another slight difference between them. Pixel 5 has Gorilla 6 glass which withstands 2x extreme drops. But the Pixel 4a 5G cannot withstand because it has Gorilla 3 glass.
Both are equipped with a 5G network, which boosts while you watch any HD video. Or it takes seconds to download a movie. As well as, you can play games on the go. Moreover, you can use any mobile carrier you want since these two are unlocked versions.
Google Pixel comes with a two years warranty, also they offer a 30-days return. So if you do not like the phone, you can return it, but your phone should be scratch-free. However, the warranty period will cover any manufacturer damages. This free repair service is only applicable to USA users.
Pixel 4a 5G and Pixel 5 are top-notch smartphones. But you can choose the Pixel 5 since it has better features to take your experience to another level. Also, you can select the Pixe 4a 5G if you like its features.
Frequently Asked Questions about Google Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G
|What is the Pixel 4a 5G processor?
This device combines with a Snapdragon 765G processor.
Are they Verizon compatible?
Yes, both devices are compatible with Verizon to other network carriers.
What is the RAM size of both devices?
The Pixel 4a 5G has 6 GB RAM, while the Pixel 5 has 8 GB RAM.
Do they offer a warranty?
Yes, the warranty is for two years which is only for USA users.
Read some other smartphone comparisons below:
- Google Pixel 2 vs Pixel 4a
- Google Pixel 4a vs 4
- Google Pixel 5 vs Pixel 4
- Google Pixel 5 vs Samsung S21
- Google Pixel 4 vs Pixel 4 XL
- Google Pixel 3 vs Pixel 5
I am working in the Kitchen Industry for the last five years, as well as with Baby Care items. My motive is to help readers find the best Kitchen essentials or whoever needs to purchase Baby Care Items.
I utilize my knowledge to help people get the best within their budget range.
I love trying different dishes so I have to purchase different kinds of crockeries. So, I am pretty sure I can provide you with the information on what you should look for when purchasing any Kitchen Essentials.
Before going to the market, ask yourself a few questions to make your purchasing process easier.
- How often do you need to cook?
- Do you have a large family or a small one?
- Your budget.
- Can you compare products?
And when you want to purchase any Baby Items, then ask yourself -
- How old is your baby?
- The material.
- Your budget.
You can check out some of my writings on Kitchen Items and Baby Care as well. I describe the features in detail for your convenience.
Follow or ask me anything about Kitchen or Baby Items on social media.
- Sony2022.06.01Sony a7 vs a7r – Learn Why Sony a7 is Better than a7r!
- Coffee & Espresso Machine2022.05.30Breville Infuser vs Barista Express – Check & get the best one
- Baby Monitor2022.05.30Nanit vs Nanit Plus – Check what make Nanit Plus Best Monitor!
- Cookware2022.05.30All Clad D5 vs Copper Core – Which cookware should be your pick?