When it comes to painting huge spaces, whether it is a commercial or housing property, we need to use tools and accessories to provide you with the capability to cover vast portions of blank spaces with comfort. Graco X5 and Graco X7- both are true airless sprayers capable of painting large areas in a short time. But what makes X7 better than X5? Continue reading to know.
What is the main difference that made Graco X7 best?
- The Graco x5 can spray up to 0.27 Gal/min, while Graco X7 can spray up to.31 gal/min so that you can cover much larger surfaces in a shorter period.
- Graco X5 weighs 15 pounds, whereas Graco X7 weighs 26 pounds. But Graco X7 comes with wheels, which will allow you to move the sprayer around your project without any problem, whereas X5 looks like a stand and is difficult to move while working.
- Because of the flow rate of Graco X7, it is suitable for both small and large projects; but due to the low flow rate of x5, it can only be used in small projects.
- X5 has a design that looks like a stand, where X7 looks like more of a cart. It may be easier to move X5 to near distances, but when it comes to long-distance transportability, X7 is the winner because of the wheels.
- Both of the sprayers are very precise when it comes to their capability of covering any surface you’re painting. But, when working on large projects, X7 will provide you more precision and accuracy.
- When it comes to tip size, X5 has a tip with about 0.15 diameter while the Graco X7 has a tip with 0.17 diameter, which will help it to spray more paint and cover large surfaces in a short amount of time.
|Specifications||Graco X5||Graco X7|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 Out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Dimensions||14.5 x 12.75 x 19 inches||19 x 15 x 37 inches|
|Weight||15 pounds||26 pounds|
|Voltage||110 Volts||110 Volts|
|Included Components||SG2 Metal Spray Gun, RAC IV 515 SwitchTip, 25 ft. Duraflex paint hose, Pump Armor storage fluid, Power lush adapter, Quick Start-Up Guide, and Operation Manual||SG2 Metal Spray Gun, RAC IV 515 SwitchTip, 25 ft. Duraflex paint hose, Pump Armor storage fluid, PowerFlush adapter, Quick Start-Up Guide, and Operation Manual|
|Recommended Annual Usage||125 gal||125 gal|
|Metal Spray Gun||Yes||Yes|
|Motor||1/2 hp Universal||5/8 hp Universal|
|Maximum Pressure||3000 psi||3000 psi|
|Maximum Hose Length||75 ft||100 ft|
|Performance Rating||.27 gal/min||.31 gal/min|
|Warranty Description||1-year Limited Warranty||1-year Limited Warranty|
Differences and Similarities between the Graco X5 Sprayer AND Graco X7 Sprayer
Power is a significant factor when using a sprayer machine. While Graco X5 has a 1/2 hp Universal motor and Graco X7 has a 5/8 hp Universal motor, both sprayers can still provide up to 3000 psi pressure. So, it’s a draw.
Weight is so vital while picking any tool because of the transportability issue. Graco X5 weighs 15 pounds, whereas Graco X7 weighs 26 pounds. But as Graco X7 has wheels, it is easier to transport.
Graco X5 has a 14.5 x 12.75 x 19 inches dimension, and Graco X7 has a dimension of 19 x 15 x 37 inches. So, Graco X7 is bigger than Graco X5, but not by a larger margin. Yet, If you’re finding a small sprayer, go for Graco X5.
Graco X5 includes a 25-meter paint hose. However, it can be expanded up to 75 feet while needed so you can cover a decent project. On the other hand, Graco X7 also includes a 25-meter paint hose but can be expanded up to 100 feet. So, you can cover a more extended range than X5. As a result, it can cover longer distances without moving the sprayer.
Graco X5 can spray up to .27 gal/min while Graco X7 can spray up to .31 gal/min. X7 can spray marginally better than X5, which takes a little less time to complete a project. So, I am recommending you to buy X7.
Both Graco X5 and X7 includes an SG2 Metal Spray Gun, a RAC IV 515 SwitchTip, a 25 ft. a Pump Armor storage fluid, a Quick Start-Up Guide, a PowerFlush adapter, a Duraflex paint hose, and an Operation Manual. So, you’re getting precisely the same accessories with both of the sprayers.
The manufacturer will provide you with a 1-year warranty with both sprayers. Graco warrants all parts included with these sprayers, that they will fix them if anything happens within a year. However, products should not be opened by 3rd parties. Otherwise, the warranty will not be applicable.
So, if you’re looking for a portable and powerful Airless Paint Sprayer, then Graco X7 should be your choice. Graco X5 also provides almost the same features, but it is hard to transport. I extremely recommend you to choose Graco X7. But in the end, you need to consider your needs and buy accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Graco X5 and X7
|What should I use to clean it if I forget to clean it after using it?|
The best way to clean it is to flush it out with lacquer thinner. Is the hose included? If included, how long is it?
Yes, a hose is included, and it is 25 meters long. Can they run off 220 Volt?
No, both of them have a 110 VAC motor. You’ll be needing transformers to drop the voltage from 220 to 110.
Can I spray a stain blocker?
Can I use it in the UK?
Are they worth buying?
Check more Airless Paint Sprayer comparison from below.