Hifiman Sundara and Sennheiser HD650 are very premium quality headphones with some similarities. But Sennheiser HD650 is relatively better than Sundara.
Why Sennheiser HD650 is Better?
- Sennheiser HD650 has foamed headband to give you comfort for a long session while Sundara has regular leather in the headband with no plush or cushion.
- You will get a 2-years warranty for the HD650, but the other headphone provides only a 1-year warranty.
- The specially designed HD650 comes with an acoustic silk finish with the premium build quality, whereas its competitor has an ordinary build.
- This device’s drivers are hand-selected and highly optimized for minimum distortion, but the Sundara Hifiman isn’t engineered.
All these unique features made Sennheiser HD650 a better choice to go for. If you want a better sound experience and comfort as well, you can go for this one.
- Detachable individual cable for each ear-pad.
- Both of the headphones are Over-Ear headphones.
- Very lightweight compared to other devices.
Comparison Chart: Hifiman Sundara vs HD650
|Specifications||HIFIMAN Sundara||Sennheiser HD650|
|Editor’s Choice||4.6 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Product Dimension||11 x 6.8 x 12.1 inches||10 x 4.33 x 12.4 inches|
|Item Weight||13.1 ounces||9.1 ounces|
|Warranty||1-Year Warranty||2-Year Warranty|
Similarities & Differences Between Hifiman Sundara and HD650
The hand-picked driver of the HD650 is optimized for minimum distortion and will provide you with crystal clear sound. The frequency response of this device is 10 to 41000 Hz. The specially designed aluminum voice coils will deliver a very smooth natural response.
This headphone’s acoustic silk ensures a total harmonic distortion of 0.05 percent, which will surely give you the best experience of sound. The Hifiman Sundara didn’t focus on sound quality that much thus, it will deliver a typical sound.
The HD650 has a stylish design with a gray color body. It has a high-quality titanium finish on the upper layer. The earcups are large and will surely fit in any shape head or ear. The body is made with high-end quality components, which will give you a premium feel. The Hifiman is a black-colored headphone with a matte finish.
You will be fully satisfied with the earpad and headband of the HD650. The earpads are foamed with premium materials that will help your ears not to feel any pressure.
The headband is also perfectly designed and placed in a perfect position. You can replace or exchange the earpads if they get dirty or damaged anyhow. The genuine earpad replacement can be purchased from Sennheiser’s official site.
On the other hand, the Hifiman Sundara earpads are okay, but the headband doesn’t have foam for comfort. You may face issues while using them for a long session.
A gold plated ¼” jack plug with an adapter is included with the HD650. The best fact is, that you can detach the cable of the ear pads separately. This will help you increase the headphone’s durability as most of the headphones get damaged in this segment.
This headphone cable is 3m long, which will help you use this device with more flexibility. The main cable of the Hifiman Sundara is 1.5m long. There is a 3.5mm connector for this headphone, and it has removable earpad cables too.
Durability & Warranty
There is no question that these headphones are manufactured of premium material as the wires are detachable, so you have an option to use them for a more extended period. You’re going to get a 2-year warranty from Sennheiser for the HD650. Unfortunately, the Hifiman Sundara provides only a 1-year warranty.
Hifiman Sundara and HD650 both deliver excellent sound with comfort. If you want to witness the best and get the headphone with more durability, you should go for the Sennheiser HD650. The Hifiman Sundara can also be checked if you have a financial issue.
FAQ of Hifiman Sundara vs HD650
|How good are these headphones for gaming?
They are perfect for gaming, and if you use a headphone amplifier, you will have a better experience.
Is the Hifiman an open-back headphone?
Yes, all of the Hifiman headphones are open back.
Does the HD650 have dual drivers?
No, they come with single drivers. Full-sized headphones don’t require multiple drivers.
Is the Sennheiser made in China?
No, they are made in Ireland. Sennheiser’s maximum products are manufactured in Ireland/Romania and designed in Germany.
Do I need an additional amp If I have the audio interface for the HD650?
The HD650 will deliver the best performance when powered with an amplifier of 300mw or not more than 37.5 Ohms.
Check gaming headphone comparisons here.
- Sennheiser hd660s vs hd650
- PC37X vs Game One
- Sennheiser HD 598 and 599
- Sennheiser HD 280 Pro and Sony MDR 7506
- Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 vs AirPods Pro
- Aftershokz Aeropex vs Air
- Jahidul Islam is mostly an expert in computer accessories and smartwatches. He is dedicated to helping people to choose accessories from different items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Shoe2022.05.20Air Max 95 vs 97 – Check Why We Recommend Air Max 95!
- Computer Accessories2022.05.19Logitech K350 vs MK550 – Check why should you pick MK550 Combo!
- Smart TV2022.05.18Apple Watch vs Samsung Watch – Which is the best smartwatch?
- Computer Accessories2022.05.18Logitech MK235 vs MK270 – Check Why Logitech MK270 is Better!