Hifiman Sundara and Sennheiser HD650 are very premium quality headphones with some similarities. Yet there are slight differences; let’s read about them.
What Are the Differences Between Hifiman Sundara vs HD650?
|Hifiman Sundara||Hifiman HD650|
|This headphone does not have a cushioned headband.||This headphone has a foamed headband.|
|It gives a one-year warranty.||It gives two years warranty.|
|Check Sundara Price at Amazon||Check HD650 Price at Amazon|
Why Sennheiser HD650 is Better?
- The HD650 has foamed headband to give you comfort for a long session, while Sundara has regular leather in the headband with no plush or cushion.
- You will get a 2-year warranty for the HD650, but the other headphone provides only a 1-year warranty.
- The specially designed HD650 comes with an acoustic silk finish with premium build quality, whereas its competitor has an ordinary build.
- This device’s drivers are hand-selected and highly optimized for minimum distortion, but the Sundara Hifiman isn’t engineered.
All these unique features made Sennheiser HD650 a better choice to go for. If you want a better sound experience and comfort, you can go for this one.
- Detachable individual cable for each earpad.
- Both of the headphones are Over-Ear headphones.
- Very lightweight compared to other devices.
Other Specifications Chart of Hifiman Sundara vs HD650
|Specifications||HIFIMAN Sundara||Sennheiser HD650|
|Editor’s Choice||4.6 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Dimension||11 x 6.8 x 12.1 inches||10 x 4.33 x 12.4 inches|
|Item Weight||13.1 ounces||9.1 ounces|
|Warranty||1-Year Warranty||2-Year Warranty|
Features and Benefits of Hifiman Sundara and HD650
The hand-picked driver of the HD650 is optimized for minimum distortion and will provide crystal-clear sound. The frequency response of this device is 10 to 41000 Hz. The specially designed aluminum voice coils will deliver a smooth, natural response.
This headphone’s acoustic silk ensures a total harmonic distortion of 0.05 percent, which will surely give you the best sound experience. The Hifiman Sundara didn’t focus on sound quality that much thus, it will deliver a typical sound.
The HD650 has a stylish design with a gray color body. It has a high-quality titanium finish on the upper layer. The earcups are large and will surely fit in any shape head or ear.
The body is made with high-end quality components, giving you a premium feel. The Hifiman is a black-colored headphone with a matte finish.
You will be fully satisfied with the earpad and headband of the HD650. The earpads are foamed with premium materials that will help your ears not to feel any pressure.
The headband is also perfectly designed and placed in a perfect position. You can replace or exchange the earpads if they get dirty or damaged. The genuine earpad replacement can be purchased from Sennheiser’s official site.
On the other hand, the Hifiman Sundara earpads are okay, but the headband doesn’t have foam for comfort. You may face issues while using them for a long session.
A gold-plated ¼” jack plug with an adapter is included with the HD650. The best fact is that you can detach the cable of the ear pads separately. This will help you increase the headphone’s durability, as most headphones get damaged in this segment.
This headphone cable is 3m long, which will help you use this device more flexibly. The main cable of the Hifiman Sundara is 1.5m long. There is a 3.5mm connector for this headphone, and it has removable earpad cables too.
Durability & Warranty
There is no question that these headphones are manufactured of premium material as the wires are detachable, so you have an option to use them for a more extended period.
You’re going to get a 2-year warranty from Sennheiser for the HD650. Unfortunately, the Hifiman Sundara provides only a 1-year warranty.
Hifiman Sundara and HD650 both deliver excellent sound with comfort. If you want to witness the best and get headphones with more durability, you should go for the Sennheiser HD650. The Hifiman Sundara can also be checked if you have a financial issue.
FAQ of Hifiman Sundara vs HD650
|How good are these headphones for gaming?
They are perfect for gaming, and if you use a headphone amplifier, you will have a better experience.
Is the Hifiman an open-back headphone?
Yes, all of the Hifiman headphones are open back.
Does the HD650 have dual drivers?
No, they come with single drivers. Full-sized headphones don’t require multiple drivers.
Is the Sennheiser made in China?
No, they are made in Ireland. Sennheiser’s maximum products are manufactured in Ireland/Romania and designed in Germany.
Do I need an additional amp If I have the audio interface for the HD650?
The HD650 will deliver the best performance when powered with an amplifier of 300mw or not more than 37.5 Ohms.
Check gaming headphone comparisons here.
- Sennheiser hd660s vs hd650
- PC37X vs Game One
- Sennheiser HD 598 and 599
- Sennheiser HD 280 Pro and Sony MDR 7506
- Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 vs AirPods Pro
- Aftershokz Aeropex vs Air
- Jahidul Islam is mostly an expert in computer accessories and smartwatches. He is dedicated to helping people to choose accessories from different items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.31JBL Xtreme 2 vs Sony XB43 – Check Why Sony XB43 is Best?
- Gaming Headphone2022.08.31Hifiman Sundara vs HD650 – Which headphone performs better?
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.31Wonderboom 2 vs Boom 3 – What makes Boom 3 a Better Choice?
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.30JBL Xtreme 2 vs UE Megaboom 3 – Which one is Best?