Honda EU2200i and Honda EB2800i are very popular inverter generators in the market. But between them, we highly recommend Honda EU2200i for you.
Why We Recommend Honda Eu2200i?
- You can operate and monitor your Honda EU2200i with your mobile and you just need an application named “My Honda Application,” to enjoy this facility. But this feature is not installed in the Honda EB2800i.
- Honda EU2200i’s weight is 40 pounds, so the lightweight makes it so easier to move and transport. In contrast, the Honda EB2800i has 66.8 pounds weight which is not easily portable like EU2200i.
- Honda EU2200i has parallel Capability, so you can get additional power up to 4400 watts with this inverter generator. But Honda EB2800i doesn’t have amazing this feature.
- The noise level of Honda EU2200i is 48 to 57 dBA, and Honda EB2800i’s noise level is 62 to 67 dBA. As a result, Honda EU2200i can provide you best performance in lower noise.
- The commercial warranty of Honda EU2200i is three years, and Honda EB2800i’s commercial warranty is one year. So, EU2200i will give you tension-free use for a long time.
While you are looking for an inverter generator formed with advanced features and can operate in lower noise with parallel Capability, you should go for Honda EU2200i.
We have mentioned the key features above, but these two inverter generators have some similarities as follows:
- Honda EB2800i and Honda EU2200i have Electronic circuit breakers that make these generators safe from overload conditions.
- They both have carbon monoxide detection systems that prevent you from carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Their engines are protected by oil alerts. So, you can easily understand when the engine needs an oil change or maintenance.
You get these similar functions if you buy any of these inverter generators. But if you want the best service with improved features then you have to go with Honda EU2200i.
Comparison Chart: Honda EU2200i and Honda EB2800i
|Specifications||HONDA EU 2200i||HONDA EB2800i|
|Editor’s ratings||4.9 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Style||Portable Inverter generator||Portable Inverter generator|
|Product dimension||16 x 20 x 11 inches||16.9 x 17.6 x 18.9 inches|
|Remote Monitoring application||Yes||No|
|Weight||40 pounds||66.8 Pounds|
|Electronic Circuit Breaker||Yes||Yes|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||.95 gal||2.1 gal|
|Engine||Honda GXR120||Honda GC190LA|
|Output Wattage||2200.00 watts||2800 watts|
|Run Time per Tankful||3.2hr rated load 8.1 hrs. 1/4 load||5.2hr rated load 11.9 hrs. 1/4 load|
|Noise Level||48 to 57 dBA||62 to 67 dBA|
|Voltage||120 volts||120 volts|
|Residential Warranty||3 Years||3 Years|
|Commercial Warranty||3 years||1 Year|
Similarities and Differences: Honda EU2200i and Honda EB2800i Inverter Generators
Structure and power:
Honda EU2200i and Honda EB2800i are very powerful inverter generators in the market. Honda EU2200i has a Honda GXR120 engine, and it can produce power of more than 2200 watts.
On the other hand, Honda EB2800i has Honda GC190LA, and with this engine, you will get the power of 2800 watts. But, unfortunately, some of the consumers have complained that Honda EB2800i does not provide exact 2800 watt power.
The cylinder displacement of Honda EU2200i is 121cc, and Eb2800i’s displacement is 186cc. Besides, the starting system of these generators is recoiling.
Remote monitoring application:
Imagine, you can control, operate and monitor your generator through your phone! It’s become a reality now! Honda EU2200i inverter generator can be controlled through your mobile phone by following some simple steps.
Firstly, install the app named ‘Honda My Generator App”. Afterward, you need to connect the app with the generator through Bluetooth. As mentioned before, with this app, you can monitor and operate your generator very easily. But, the Honda EB2800i generator doesn’t include this feature, and you cannot operate it through your phone.
Dimension of product:
The Honda EU2200i is 16 x 20 x 11 inches, and Honda EB2800i’s dimension is 16.9 x 17.6 x 18.9 inches. Honda EU2200i has a smaller dimension than the Honda EB2800i, so it will take a smaller space than the EB2800i
Weight plays a very important role as you may need to move or transport the generator. The weight of the Honda EU2200i is 40 pounds, and the Honda EB2800i weight is 66.8 Pounds. As you can see, the EU2200i’s weight is almost 26 pounds less than the other one. So, this generator would be a better choice for you.
Fuel tank capacity and run time:
In some cases, the fuel tank capacity must be noted. The fuel tank capacity of Honda EB2800i is .95 gal, and Honda EU2200i’s fuel tank capacity is 2.1 gal. Honda EU2200i’s run time is 8.1 hours, and Honda EB2800i’s run time is 11.9 hours with ¼ loads. These two inverter generators are formed with amazing fuel-efficient systems. So, these generators will save you from heavy costing.
The meaning of CO-Minder is a Carbon Monoxide Detection system. This system is included in both inverter generators. This advanced detection system continuously monitors Carbon Monoxide levels. Besides, this system automatically shuts down the generator when the level of Carbon Monoxide is extremely high. Both Honda EU2200i and EU2800i have this modern feature.
You should go for such an inverter generator, which can provide great power and performance in low noise. Besides, loud sounds may damage your hearings. Honda EU2200i’s noise level is 48 to 57 dBA, and EB2800i’s noise level is 62 to 67 dBA. So, you can see that Honda EU2200i’s noise level is very low, which won’t damage your hearing.
Parallel Capability and electronic Circuit breaker:
When you need some additional power, you can connect two generators side by side. This feature is called parallel Capability. Honda EU2200i has a parallel Capability. You can associate two of these generators with a cable and get power up to 4400 watts. You can parallel two of these or with EU2000ik1 or T1 models. But this feature is not available in Honda EB2800i.
Besides, these two inverter generators have an electronic circuit breaker. This structure will prevent your utensils from overload situation. These two generators are formed with inverter technology that prevents important electronic products like computers, TV, etc.
Honda EU2200i and EB2800i are provided with 3 years warranty for residential purposes. For commercial purposes, Honda EU2200i provides a warranty for 3 years, but EB2800i provides only a 1-year warranty. So, for a better warranty period, you should go for the Honda Eu2200i.
If you are willing to choose the best one between Honda EU2200i and Honda EB2800i, we recommend choosing Honda EU2200i. Because this powerful generator can provide double power with parallel capability, low noise level, and of course better warranty policy otherwise, you can choose Honda EB2800i, but this generator may not provide such amazing features as the Honda EU2200i inverter generator.
Frequently Asked Questions about Honda EU2200i and Honda EB2800i
|What is the starting system of Honda EU2200i?
The starting system of the Honda Eu2200i is recoil.
Between HondaEU2200i and Honda EB2800i, which one is lightweight?
The weight of Honda EU2200i is 40 Pounds, and EU2800i’s weight is 66.8 Pounds. So, Honda EU2200i is less heavy than the Honda EU2800i.
What is the commercial warranty of Honda EU2200i?
The commercial warranty of Honda EU2200i is 3 years, and Honda EB28ooi’s Commercial warranty is only 1 year.
Between these two generators, which one is louder?
The noise level of Honda EB2800i is 62 to 67 dBA, and Honda EU2200i’s noise level is 48 to 57 dBA. Honda EB2800i is louder than the Honda EU2200i.
Which one has a CO detection system?
Both Honda Eu2200i and Honda EB2800i have this CO detection system.
Find related articles from the below links –
I have been working in the camera industry for the last 6 years, and I am dedicated to helping my readers choose the best DSLR Camera, Mirrorless camera, security camera, or drone. My greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people get the best for their needs under their budget. In 2014, I bought my first DSLR camera, and I have worked for different agencies and travel companies. Therefore, I have to use various cameras and lenses. Nowadays, there are many kinds of cameras available in the market, so, before buying, a person has to focus on the following questions:
Here are some questions for you that will help you to buy a camera
- Ask yourself why you are buying a camera? Because Different cameras are built for different purposes. Do you want something only for better photos than your phone, or do you want to get into the photography business or just a hobby?
- What is the budget? You may not need a professional-grade DSLR camera if it is just for a hobby. You can get something that will allow you to grow into a DSLR.
- Did you compare your desired model with another popular model in the market?
If you are looking for a camera for your business or professional photography, then check the below things before making the final call:
- Types of Cameras
- DSLR vs Mirrorless
- Speed and Performance
- The MegaPixel Myth and Reality
- Interchangeable Lenses
- Image Stabilization
Check one of my articles where I describe everything in detail about how to choose a DSLR camera
Follow or ask me anything about Camera on social media:
- Camera2022.06.25GoPro Hero 8 Vs 9 – Why do Buywithme.org suggest the GoPro 9?
- Fujifilm2022.06.25Fujifilm X100v vs Sony RX100 vii – What’s the main differences?
- Sony2022.06.20Sony a7rii vs a7iii – Why do we suggest the a7iii than a7rii?
- Security camera2022.06.20Arlo Pro 2 vs Arlo Ultra – Check the difference & get the best