Honeywell T5 and T6 are two of the amazing thermostat for any home, but Honeywell T6 is comparatively better than the older version. So, you can select T6 as it contains more improved functions.
What Makes Honeywell T6 Best?
- Honeywell T6 is a low voltage, digital plus a communicating thermostat style. Also, it is programmable, while T5 is only a programmable device.
- You will get 2 heat and cool systems from this device, including 2 heat and 1 heat pump. Besides, the Honeywell T5 thermostat offers 1 cool/heat stage.
- It is equipped with a 5-year warranty; in contrast, T5 comes with a 2-year warranty. Since T6 comes with a better warranty, you can be tension-free about your thermostat.
- Honeywell T6 allows you to use the battery for power, and it maintains safety as well. But Honeywell T5 required C-wire to power the thermostat that could be a little bit of a hassle.
These were the unique features of T6 that ensure you provide quality service. Honeywell T5 is also a good choice, but these things made T6 a better choice.
- Honeywell T5 and T6 are compatible with the app and Alexa voice commands, which allows you to control them as you like.
- They are built with a touchscreen display that allows you to operate the device efficiently.
- These two are Energy Star Certified, so the devices will save energy to create a positive environmental impact.
- Both thermostats use Geofencing technology that tracks your smartphone’s location.
- They have an auto change function, and the device will change the temperature according to the weather.
Quick Comparison: Honeywell T5 vs T6
|Specifications||Honeywell T5||Honeywell T6|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Dimension||4 x 4 x 1.25 inches||5 x 2.3 x 6 inches|
|Weight||1.76 ounces||0.25 Pounds|
|Thermostat Type||Programmable||Communicating, Digital, Low Voltage, Programmable|
|WiFi Specifications||2.4GHz range||2.4GHz range|
|Thermostat Stages||1 cool/heat stages||2 Heat/1 Cool Heat Pumps, 2 Heat/2 Cool Conventional Systems|
|Honeywell Home App||Yes||Yes|
|Power Supply||Hardwired||Hardwired, Battery Powered|
|Energy Star Certified||Yes||Yes|
Differences & Similarities: Honeywell T5 vs T6
Honeywell T5 and T6 are straightforward to set up, plus they offer a DIY installation process. Moreover, the devices include a professional installation manual. The T5 required C-wire; otherwise, the unit will not work while the T6 doesn’t need C-wire; it also lets the battery use the device.
The T6 is a smart plus lightweight thermostat than Honeywell T5. The T5 is stylish, and it comes in black color. It is 4 inches long, 4 inches wide, and 1.25 inches high, plus the weight is 1.76 ounces. Besides, the Honeywell T6 is 5 x 2.3 x 6 inches (L x W x H), and the device is 0.25 Pounds. For people seeking a stylish one, T5 is the right choice but if you need a sleek one, consider the T6.
When it comes to the thermostat stages, the T6 is the winner. Since the device has some extra temperature features, you will get 2 Heat/2 Cool Conventional Systems and 1 cool and 2 heat pumps with this. While the Honeywell T5 comes with only 1 cool and heat stage. Hence, to get your desired temperature, the T6 is the best option.
Honeywell T5 and T6 are programmable thermostats, so you can schedule the devices to when to start work and when to shut down. They offer you 7 days scheduling function, and once you set schedule mode, the device will automatically set the temperature for comfort. Also, they use geofence technology that uses the location of your smartphone to control temperature.
Smart Control Function
You can smartly control both Honeywell T5 and T6 since these are compatible with the Honeywell Home App. The app can be installed on your Android and iOS as well. The app will notify you when it needs to change filters. Moreover, the smart control will also change the temperature automatically so that you achieve your desired temperature. Furthermore, they are compatible with Alexa’s voice, and if you want to use them, you’ve to purchase them separately. The smart control feature helps you save very convenient energy.
Honeywell T5 comes with a 2-year warranty, and the warranty time will cover any defects in the thermostats. But the T6 provides the users a 5-years warranty; if you choose this one you will get 3 years more warranty. So I suggest you consider the best thermostat for your home that will last longer.
It would be best to consider a thermostat that fits your life; that could be a little tough for you to select the best one. You should purchase one that will give you greater comfort plus effectiveness, and Honeywell T6 could be the right choice. Compared to the T5, it includes some amazing functions, so you can rely on this device. But if you seek a smart thermostat plus doesn’t require these handy functions, then T5 could be your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions about Honeywell T5 vs T6
|Can Honeywell T5 install without C-wire?|
No, the T5 required C-wire to power the thermostat, but the T6 doesn’t require C-wire; instead, you can use the battery to power the device.
Are they programmable thermostats?
Yes, the devices are 7 days programmable; you can schedule the devices to do the work.
Do they provide a warranty?
Honeywell T5 provides a 2-year warranty; on the other hand, the T6 comes with a 5-year warranty.
Are they Alexa compatible?
Both Honeywell T5 and T6 are Alexa compatible, but you need to purchase the Alexa device separately.
Will they cover multiple rooms?
Yes, these devices will cover your whole house; also, they can focus only on one room if you want.
Learn more comparisons about thermostats.