The Honeywell T9 and Google Nest works with Smart Room Sensors that lets you adjust the temperature. Both are individual thermostats, but I suggest you the Nest Thermostat, and in the following, I’ve described the reasons I choose this one.
What Makes the Google Nest Thermostat the Best?
- It uses three stages of heating to make your home a cozier space for you, while the Honeywell T9 uses two stages. That’s why you can consider the Nest thermostat for your home.
- This device is built with a motion sensor, while the Honeywell T9 doesn’t provide this exclusive feature. You can easily monitor the thermostat occupancy from the Google Nest, but the Honeywell is required to install a remote sensor.
- Nest thermostat built with high-resolution color display that shows you the time, temperature, or weather. But its competitor doesn’t build with a color display, so it could be a little bit of hassle to get updates.
- Honeywell T9 is compatible with the app, but the app doesn’t work properly on this device. On the other side, the Nest app works smoothly to provide you better service.
- The remote sensor of the Nest works without any interruption. While the Honeywell remote sensor doesn’t work properly, and it gets disconnected continuously.
- Nest comes with a two-year warranty; on the other hand, Honeywell provides a one-year warranty. So, you can consider the Nest for your home to get experience with a better warranty.
So, you can rely on the Nest Thermostat for these features to make your home a cozier place. And if you are interested to check the prices of these two thermostats, simply press on these buttons below.
- Both thermostats have a save energy feature.
- They provide a remote so that you can easily control them.
- Honeywell and Nest can focus on multi-room.
- These thermostats have smart responses and alerts.
- They are programmable, plus you can control them from anywhere you are.
|Specifications||Honeywell T9||Nest Thermostat|
|Editor’s Rating||4.4 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Dimension||3.70 x 4.92 x 0.94 inches||6.5 x 6.5 x 2.9 inches|
|Weight||1.31 pounds||1.6 pounds|
|Works With Alexa||No||Yes|
|Smart Response and Alerts||Yes||Yes|
|Batteries||2 AAA batteries (included)||2 AAA batteries (included)|
|Warranty||1-year warranty||2-years warranty|
Similarities and Dissimilarities Between the Honeywell T9 vs Nest
Plus, the users don’t require the help of any professional to mount them. The installation process is straightforward; first, you need to install the base and then connect the wire to the device. And then connect the display just by clicking on the base. For safety, ensure you shut off the power of your house.
Remember, the Honeywell T9 required C-wire, but if you do not have this wire, you can use the power adapter included with the device. On the other hand, C-wire is not mandatory for the Nest since it is built with a battery that helps save energy when in use. But if you have a HAVC system, then Nest needs to use C-wire, or else it will damage the whole system.
As you can see, the Nest is slightly better at installation functions, and you can select this one rather than its competitor.
When it comes to design, the Nest has a wow design that Honeywell. The T9 is sleek that uses a touch screen. When the Honeywell heating the room, it turns red, and when the device cooling the room, it turns blue. The screen will always show the inside and outside temperate without you scrolling or clicks.
Besides, the Nest is smarter than Honeywell, and it provides a colorful display that changes color depends on heating or cooling your home. The device will always show you the current temperature on-screen, plus if you want to check other things, you can do it. But it doesn’t provide a touchscreen; instead, you need to scroll the ring to function the device.
The Nest is also built with a motion sensor, while the Honeywell doesn’t build with this unique feature. As a result, you cannot monitor the occupancy of the thermostat.
Honeywell T9 and Google Nest are Wi-Fi compatible devices since these are smart. They provide an app, and once you connected the device with the app, you can easily control it from any corner of your house. Additionally, the app lets you change the temperature as well.
Both are programmable thermostats, which is very convenient. The program functions allow the user to set. These two are app compatible that lets you schedule the devices. When you stay outside of the home, the devices will use less air. Also, when you are at home yet want to reduce air consumption, you can do it using the program feature—all you need to set the schedule program of these devices. When you set the schedule program, both Honeywell and Nest will sleep mode.
Smart Home Compatible
Honeywell T9 is compatible with the Google Assistant & Alexa, plus IFTT. In contrast, the Nest use Alexa and Google Assistant voice command but is not compatible with other smart things. If you want more comfortable, then Honeywell T9 would be ideal, yet I recommend the Nest for you. However, the Alexa or Google Assistant to control your thermostat will help you find the sensors’ temperature.
Honeywell T9 and Nest thermostats offer remote sensors; it helps you track each room’s temperature. Moreover, the sensors can automatically adjust the room temperature to provide the balance in your home. Both of them also included the remote batteries, but the Nest batteries last more than Honeywell. If you want, you can schedule the remotes as well to control the thermostats.
The Nest is the winner here as the device provides a two-year warranty when it comes to the warranty. In contrast, the Honeywell T9 provides a one-year limited warranty. The warranty period will cover any defects in to the thermostats. Since the Nest comes with a better warranty period, this would be your ideal thermostat.
Nest would be a wise decision if you want to invest in a thermostat. Compared to the Honeywell T9, the Nest has some better features, as you can see, plus offer a few convenient functions. Furthermore, it will prepare the perfect temp to cover your whole home. So, I highly recommend you to select Nest Thermostat. The Honeywell is also a good thermostat, if you are under budget then you can choose this one.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Honeywell T9 vs Nest
|Do I require Wi-Fi to operate the sensor of the Honeywell thermostat?|
If you want to operate the sensor, you do not need Wi-Fi for your Honeywell thermostat.
Is it 3rd gen Nest Thermostat?
Yes, This Google Nest Thermostat is the 3rd gen device; it uses 5ghtz; it also lets you watch your whole house.
Do they use 220v?
Yes, both thermostats are built with the USA and Canadian electrical standards.
Are they programmable?
Honeywell and Google Nest are programmable thermostat that lets you easily control your house’s temperature and control the device easily.
You can find another thermostat comparison here.