See the reason –
- The Samsung S20 features an unlocked wireless carrier, while the iPhone 12 is not. So you can use this device on ATT, Verizon, or T-Mobile, but its rival cannot use it on these carriers, instead, it works on Cricket.
- It combines with a 4,000mAh battery, whereas the iPhone 12 is 2,815mAh. This cell phone can give you longer battery life than the Apple brand.
- The S20 includes an AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate so that you can use it under direct sunlight since it has better contrast. Also, the 120Hz refresh rate makes the device operates faster. At the same time, its competitor uses Retina XDR display technology with a 60Hz refresh rate that is slightly slower than S20.
- You will get a triple rear camera on these devices, 12MP ultra-wide, 64MP telephoto, and 12MP Wide-angle camera, including DepthVision camera, respectively. On the other side, the iPhone 12 includes a dual ultra-wide 12MP camera.
- Samsung S20 has 8GB RAM, including 128GB internal storage that can be expandable to 1TB. The iPhone 12, by contrast, provides 4GB RAM with 256GB storage, but you cannot increase the storage, which is a downside for iPhone lovers. However, as the S20 includes 8GB RAM, it can also be expandable storage, so you can consider this one.
iPhone 12 and Samsung S20 include some similarities, but these latest features make the S20 better. If you want a phone, then this would be your best bet.
- Samsung S20 and iPhone 12 built with the USB-C type connector.
- Both provide fast charging functions, and within 30 minutes, these devices will be fully charged.
- They are 5G-ready phones that deliver superfast speeds.
- They cover a 12-months warranty, including a return policy.
iPhone 12 vs Samsung S20 – Comparison Chart
|Specifications||iPhone 12||Samsung S20|
|Editor’s Rating||4.4 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Processor||Apple A14 Bionic||Samsung Exynos 990 processor|
|Display Technology||Retina XDR||AMOLED|
|Display Size||6.1 inches||6.2 inches|
|Operating System||iOS 14.1||Android 10|
|Selfie Camera||12MP True Depth||10MP|
|Main Camera||Dual 12 MP||12MP|
|Size||5.78 x 2.82 x 0.29 in.||6.7 x 3.4 x 2.44 inches|
|Weight||5.78 oz||5.7 ounces|
|5G Ready||Sub 6||Sub 6|
Differences and Similarities Between the iPhone 12 and Samsung S20
Processor and Operating System
Apple iPhone 12 packed with the Apple A14 Bionic processor, including iOS 14.1 processor. The combination of the A14 processor with the iOS 14.1 operating system makes the device faster than Samsung. Apple’s A14 Bionic is the fastest chip for any smartphone that gives four times better performance.
Meanwhile, the Samsung S20 has Exynos 990 processor plus has the latest Android 10 operating system. As a result, both devices will carry out the heavy games, loads the high-resolution videos quicker, plus makes the devices effortless to use.
Since the iPhone 12 has an Apple A14 Bionic processor, it gives slightly better performance than the S20.
Samsung S20 provides 4GB RAM with 128GB storage which is expandable to 1TB. Besides, the iPhone 12 comes with 4GB RAM and 256GB internal storage, but this is not expandable.
As the Samsung provides slightly better storage that can be increased any time, it’s gonna be the best choice as you can keep more photos, music, or your needed files in it.
iPhone 12 comes with a 2,815mAh battery, and the Samsung S20 has a 4,000mAh battery. The S20 can be used for a longer time than the iPhone 12, plus this won’t drain the battery with extreme usage.
Unfortunately, the iPhone 12 drains the battery faster, which is not a pleasant thing. Therefore, the Samsung S20 is a better phone as it can last longer.
In terms of the display, Samsung is better because it has a 6.2-inches AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate.
At the same time, iPhone 12 has a 6.1-inch Retina XDR display with a 60Hz refresh rate. As a result, the S20 has better contrast to see everything clearly even if you are under direct sunlight. Also, it has a 120Hz refresh, which ensures the device loads faster than iPhone because the iPhone 12 has a 60Hz refresh rate.
In addition, compared to the Retina display, an AMOLED display is better. That’s why we suggest Samsung S20 for you.
When it comes to the camera, the Samsung S20 is better because it has a triple rear camera, while the iPhone 12 has a dual camera. Moreover, the S20 rear camera has a better resolution than the iPhone.
It includes a 12MP ultra wide-angle camera, 64MP telephoto, and 12MP Wide Angle camera. The iPhone 12 has a dual 12MP camera with a 12MP selfie camera.
S20 has a 10MP selfie camera. However, you can capture stunning images with both devices, but the S20 is better because it has a triple rear camera which lets you click outstanding photos on your phone. In addition, both devices let you click images with great detail.
iPhone 12 is slightly better in video recording because it allows users to edit the video and playback from the Dolby Vision video. Furthermore, the device is compatible with the Apple TV so that you can stream the video directly on your TV.
However, both S20 and iPhone 12 have time-lapse video, slow-motion plus they deliver the recording with more exact colors than any phone on the market.
Both devices are IP68 rated, and they can stay under 5 meters of fresh water for 30 minutes. Also, they are splash and dustproof, if your phone comes in contact with dust, then don’t worry about the device’s durability.
Network & Connectivity
iPhone 12 and Samsung S20 are 5G devices that take the speed to another level. The 5G makes sure you get real-time interactivity, better quality video streaming, responsive games, plus faster downloads.
Moreover, they combine with the USB-C type connector.
They are protected with a 12-months warranty from the very first day you bought the phone. If you cannot use the device after you receive it, they allow the replacement with a new one. Or, if needed, you can repair the device as well, but you have to make sure the device is in good condition.
The iPhone 12 is a great phone, and there’s no doubt it has the fastest processor and operating system. But the Samsung S20 also has a faster processor chip and the latest Android operating system, as well as including other advanced functions, as you can see.
So, we strongly recommend you choose the Samsung S20 rather than iPhone 12. But if you are an Apple fan, then the iPhone 12 should be your best bet.
Frequently Asked Questions About Samsung S20 and iPhone 12
|Does the iPhone 12 come with AirPods?
Unfortunately, the phone does not come with AirPods, and you need to purchase the AirPods separately.
Can I use Samsung on Verizon?
Yes, you can use the Samsung S20 on the Verizon plus ATT or T-Mobile because it is unlocked.
Is the iPhone 12 waterproof?
No, the device is water-resistant, and it can stay 30 minutes under fresh water up to 6 meters.
Does the Samsung S20 include a 1/8″ headphone jack?
No, instead the device comes with a headphone that can be connected on the C-Type jack.
Can I permanently unlock the iPhone 12?
The device is locked to the Cricket, according to the Cricket policy, the device can be unlocked after six months of service.
You may have interest in –