Why We Recommend Roomba i7+?
- Roomba i7+ has Imprint Link Technology so the device is paired with the Braava Jet M6 robot mop equipment. So when the robot finishes vacuuming, it will automatically mop in sequence. And this function is not available on Roomba 980.
- The device can clean up the bin itself while you need to manually clean the Roomba 980 bin. It is compatible with the CLEAN BASE that allows the machine to empty itself within 60 days. Additionally, it has a larger bin capacity than Roomba 980.
- Roomba i7+ uses the latest iAdapt 3.0 navigation for better control. The device will map its surroundings to clean under the furniture, around any object for the entire level cleaning.
- It comes with a 3-Stage Cleaning System that simply clears dirt & debris from all floor types. On the contrary, Roomba 980 lacks this outstanding feature.
These three above-mentioned features made the iRobot Roomba i7+ the best choice for you.
- iRobot Roomba i7+ and 980 come with AeroForce Cleaning System that creates 10x air power to clean Carpets and Rugs effortlessly.
- They have Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes that collect debris & pet hair from anywhere they hide.
- Both cleaners contain the iRobot Home app or Google or Alexa voice assistant helps to easily clean a particular area, you just need to command when & where.
Specification Chart: iRobot Roomba i7+ vs 980
|Specification||Roomba i7+||Roomba 980|
|Editor’s rating||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Dimension||12.25 x 12.25 x 3.5 inches||18.6 x 16.8 x 5.2 inches|
|Weight||8.2 pounds||11.48 pounds|
|Suction Power||10X Suction Power||10X Suction Power|
|Navigation||iAdapt 3.0||iAdapt 2.0|
|Imprint Link Technology||Yes||No|
|Bin Capacity||0.7 L||0.5 L|
|Automatically Recharges||Smart Charge & Resume||Smart Charge & Resume|
|Ideal for Homes with Pets||Yes||Yes|
|Entire Level Cleaning||Yes||Yes|
|Keep Out Zones||Yes||Yes|
|Run time||90 minutes||120 minutes|
|Clean Base + AllergenLock Bags||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||One year limited warranty||One year limited warranty|
Differences & Similarities about Roomba i7+ and 980
Roomba i7+ and 980 have 10X suction power compared to other robot vacuums. The devices are built with dual multi-surface rubber brushes, they will pull the dirt, debris, and pet hair from everywhere. The devices can target specific areas in the room to clean the messes right away. They will also increase the suction power on the carpet when needed.
Imprint Link Technology
You can find the Imprint Link technology on the Roomba i7+ device while the Roomba 980 doesn’t have this feature. It pairs up with the Braava Jet that will offer the best cleaning. First, the robot vacuums the house, and then the Braava mop the hard floors in sequence.
Roomba i7+ and 980 come with the HEPA filter function, it can capture up to 99% dust, dirt, debris, and pet hair. Also, it can filter out any allergy-causes bacteria from the home. If you have pets or kids suffering from allergies or asthma, you can choose one from them.
Bin Capacity and Cleaning
When it comes to the bin capacity, Roomba i7+ is better since it has a 0.7 L bin capacity. And you do not need to clean the bin manually. It is compatible with the CLEAN BASE that lets the device empty itself for up to 60 days. Also, the device comes with AllergenLock Bags which can trap up 99% pollen and mold. While the Roomba 980 bin has a 0.5 L capacity, also, you need to wash it.
Roomba 980 features iAdapt 2.0 navigation and the Roomba i7+ has iAdapt 3.0 navigation. They work with the vSLAM navigation, the robot will learn the layout of your home to build personal maps. The machines will focus on the dirtier areas of the home to smartly clean the home.
Keep Out Zone
You can keep the devices away from the specific areas or objects that you don’t reach. They will create a virtual wall barrier around the place you want, which reduces any accidents. Also, it’s a great feature for the home with kids or pets. Moreover, the devices have a cliff detect sensor that prevents the device from falling down the stairs.
Both are compatible with the iRobot HOME app and voice commands. The app lets you schedule the cleaning time, and the machine will clean your house. You can customize the cleaning routine through the App. Moreover, the devices are compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant. Simply ask Alexa to start cleaning or stop the device or go back to the Home.
Automatic Charge and Run Time
Roomba 980 can run up to 120 minutes, on the other hand, Roomba i7+ can run for 90 minutes. However, the devices can recharge themselves automatically and resume cleaning. So that they can complete the entire cleaning job. And they will go for recharge when they need and go back to clean where they left.
The robot vacuums come with a one-year limited warranty, and you can expect the devices to last for more than five years. The warranty will cover any manufacturer’s issues with the different parts. Or if you need to replace it, you can do it within the warranty period. But keep in mind, the warranty is only valid in the USA and Canada.
If you are looking for a convenient robot vacuum then go for the Roomba i7+. It can offer you better cleaning plus suction power, as well as simple-to-use features. Or if you think the Roomba 980 could be a better option, then it could be your best robot vacuum.
Frequently Asked Questions about Roomba i7+ and 980
|Will Roomba i7+ map my house?
Yes, it will since the device has iAdapt 3.0 navigation and it will remember your living room to the kitchen.
Do I need to clean the Roomba 980 bin?
Yes, you’ve to manually clean the bin, on the other hand, the Roomba i7+ can automatically clean the bin.
Do they provide a warranty?
The devices offer a one-year limited warranty from the date of purchase.
Does Roomba 980 mop?
No, it does not offer a mop function. You will find it on the Roomba i7+ robot.
Can I connect Roomba i7+ to the wifi?
Yes, you can connect it to the wifi, also, the Braava jet is compatible with the wifi.