JBL Boombox and PartyBox are two great speakers for outdoor purposes. But JBL Boombox will be the better option with a few improved functions.
Why JBL Boombox is Better Option?
- Boombox is very lightweight & easy to carry because of the handle. But you will face trouble carrying PartyBox because it weighs around 35 pounds, and there is no handle to carry this one.
- You will be able to pair your Boombox with 100+ similar speakers with the Connect+ feature that will deliver you a monstrous sound and bass. In contrast, PartyBox doesn’t have this feature included.
- The Boombox is IPx7 rated waterproof speaker, so there won’t be any issue with the touch of water. But PartyBox doesn’t come with any standard waterproof rating.
- The Boombox comes with a powerful 20000mAH battery that will provide you more than 24 hours of battery backup. On the contrary, PartyBox will provide you only 18 hours of battery backup.
The Boombox is smaller in size but carries every required feature for a great musical adventure. This speaker will surely enhance your music session with massive sound and bass.
Similarities between JBL Boombox & PartyBox
- These are specially engineered outdoor speakers.
- They can be paired with multiple speakers.
- Both the speakers have a decent battery backup.
- They are covered with premium fabric materials that ensure the long durability.
You will get these similar functions with both speakers. But if you want super sound quality with advanced features then you have to go with JBL Boombox.
|Specifications||JBL Boombox||JBL PartyBox 300|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Battery Life||24 Hours||18 Hours|
|Pair Speakers||100 speakers(Connect+)||2 speakers (TWS)|
|Woofers||Dual 4 inches||Dual 6.5 inches|
|Color||3 Variants Available||Black|
|Product Dimension||7.09 x 10.24 x 18.11 inches||32.4 x 15.48 x 15.59 inches|
|Product Weight||2.4 pounds||34.9 pounds|
|Battery||1 Lithium Metal Battery required (installed)||2 Lithium Polymer Batteries required (installed)|
|Warranty||1-Year of Warranty||1-Year of Warranty|
Differences and Similarities: JBL Boombox vs PartyBox
The speakers come with a different outlook. With a handle included, the JBL Boombox is designed to be conveniently carried from one location to another. The shape looks very premium, and the grip handle will allow you to carry this one at any party or outdoor occasion.
The other one, JBL PartyBox, has a CPU shape design and looks very premium. There are two colorful circular lights on the front side of this speaker that will change for every mood or pulse.
As these are outdoor speakers, they can be played at any party without worrying about the battery backup. Both the speakers come with a powerful battery that will give you a very decent backup. The Boombox has a 20000mAH battery that will last around 24 hours with a single charge.
This battery can be used as a power bank too. On the other hand, the PartyBox has a 10000mAH battery that will provide you 18 hours of battery backup. There is a USB port on this device also to charge your smartphone or tablets.
Sound & Bass
The speakers come with powerful sound and bass. JBL Boombox has four active transducers and two JBL bass radiators that will give you the best sound with bass. You will be able to see the bass on this speaker.
The PartyBox 300 is a dedicated party speaker with an unprecedented signature JBL sound performance. The sound will be stronger than ever, and you are surely going to love it. Both the speakers come with dual woofers.
The Boombox can be paired with more than 100 Connect+ enabled speakers. This will amplify the sound and bass and give you a more loud performance. You can connect up to 2 smartphones to the speaker to play music. The JBL PartyBox can be paired with only two party speakers. You have two options to connect, either Bluetooth or via RCA output.
Buttons & Controls
There are some dedicated buttons to control the speakers. The buttons are placed well on the speakers so that you can easily adjust the settings you want. Boombox has six buttons on the body of the speaker under the handle.
The power button and the Connect+ are placed together with a light indicator. The other volume adjustment buttons are placed beside these buttons. The PartyBox has placed all the buttons on the top of the speaker.
Waterproof & Inputs
The JBL Boombox is an IPx7 rated waterproof device, and there won’t be any problem with any water contact. You can carry the Boombox to the beach or the pool without being concerned about rain or spills. Unfortunately, the PartyBox doesn’t come with any standard waterproof rating.
There are dedicated inputs for mic and guitar in the PartyBox that will give you the advantage of using this monstrous device at any stage.
Durability & Warranty
The speakers come with the excellent build quality, and there is no doubt about it. The giant speakers are covered with rugged fabric materials that will protect them from any drop or extreme environments. JBL provides a 1-year of Warranty for the speakers & there won’t be any object about the build quality for sure.
Both the speakers are very popular for the unbelievable sound and bass. They will surely take your party to another level. Boombox is the preferable one as this has a giant battery that will cover a single day with all-day music. You may have a glance at the PartyBox if you are looking for a Party speaker.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Boombox vs PartyBox
|Does the PartyBox come with any travel case?
Sure. There is a separate travel case available for this speaker.
Is it possible to sync a cordless microphone with the party box?
Sure. You will have inputs for mic and guitar in this speaker.
Is the Boombox chargeable?
Yes. You can even charge your devices through this speaker.
What is the size of the woofers of the Boombox?
The Boombox comes with dual 4-inches woofers.
Is there any grip on the handles?
Yes, sure. The Boombox has a designed handle to carry.
You can read speaker-related comparisons from the below links.
- JBL Flip 5 vs Charge 3
- Megaboom vs Megablast
- UE Boom vs Megaboom
- JBL Charge 4 vs UE Boom 3
- JBL Clip 2 vs 3
- Wonderboom 2 vs Boom 3
- JBL Charge 3 vs Flip 4
- UE Boom 3 vs Megaboom
- JBL Charge 4 Vs Flip 4
- Jahidul Islam is mostly an expert in computer accessories and smartwatches. He is dedicated to helping people to choose accessories from different items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Shoe2022.05.20Air Max 95 vs 97 – Check Why We Recommend Air Max 95!
- Computer Accessories2022.05.19Logitech K350 vs MK550 – Check why should you pick MK550 Combo!
- Smart TV2022.05.18Apple Watch vs Samsung Watch – Which is the best smartwatch?
- Computer Accessories2022.05.18Logitech MK235 vs MK270 – Check Why Logitech MK270 is Better!