Which Features Made JBL Boombox Better?
- JBL Boombox comes with a 20000mAh battery, so it can last up to 24 hours. But Xtreme 2 has a 10000 mAh battery that will provide you only 15 hours of backup.
- This speaker will be easier to carry as there is a handle on top of the body. On the contrary, Xtreme 2 has two hooks to use as a belt to carry.
- Boombox has a monstrous sound and bass that will be perfect for any outdoor occasion. In contrast, Xtreme 2 doesn’t include this feature.
- There are three color variants available of this speaker, including a camouflaged variant. On the other hand, Xtreme 2 has only a green and a black variant.
- There are two USB ports on JBL Boombox that allow you to connect with more devices, while its competitor has only one port.
The mentioned point keeps the JBL Boombox ahead of the other device in the comparison. You will surely get a fantastic musical adventure with the JBL Boombox.
Similar features of JBL Boombox & Xtreme 2
- They are IPx7 rated waterproof devices. So, you can take them to the beach or pool party without worrying about water.
- The speakers are covered with premium fabric materials that made them much durable to last longer.
- Smartphones or other devices can be charged with the speakers. So, it will work as a power bank.
- Both speakers are lightweight that made them comfortable to carry.
- Both the speakers can be paired with 100 Connect+ enabled speakers.
If you are satisfied with these similar functions then you can choose any of these speakers. Otherwise, you have to go with Boombox to enjoy best sound quality with advanced features.
|Specifications||JBL Boombox||JBL Xtreme 2|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Battery||1 Lithium Metal battery required (included)||1 CR2 battery required (included)|
|Battery Life||24 Hours||15 Hours|
|Product Dimension||39.37 x 39.37 x 39.37 inches||7.9 x 12.1 x 18.1 inches|
|Product Weight||5.25 kg||2.39 kg|
|Waterproof||IPx7 rated||IPx7 rated|
|Pair Speakers||100 speakers (Connect+)||100 speakers (Connect+)|
|Warranty||1-Year of Limited Warranty||1-Year of Limited Warranty|
Differences & Similarities between JBL Boombox & Xtreme 2
The speakers are more significant than the traditional Bluetooth speakers. JBL Boombox is the larger one between these two. The designed handle of this speaker can be used to carry this one to parties or outdoors.
The other one, Xtreme 2, has two hooks on the top to add a belt and carry with comfort. Both the speakers are covered with premium rugged fabric material, which enhances the speakers’ durability. The flat surface of the devices will keep them steady on any surface.
The giant speakers come with decent batteries that will give you a musical session without any break. The JBL Boombox has a powerful 20000 mAh battery that will provide you a long day backup with a single charge. On the other hand, Xtreme 2 will last 15 hours with its 10000 mAh battery. You will get the advantage of charging your devices through the speakers.
Sound & Bass
You will be fully satisfied with the sound quality of the speakers. JBL Boombox comes with a monstrous sound and bass. The best listening experience is provided by four active transducers and two JBL bass radiators.
On the other hand, The dual passive radiators of the JBL Xtreme 2 will also provide ear-catching sound. This one also has the JBL bass radiator for an echo-free bass. There won’t be any distortion or noise in the sounds at any bass level, and that’s a guarantee.
Buttons & Controls
The speakers have several dedicated buttons so that you can conveniently operate the devices. The buttons are placed on top of the body while the inputs are on the speakers’ bottom. Along with the power and Bluetooth keys, you’ll find volume controls. A Connect+ button helps you to pair your speaker with other speakers of the same kind. The Boombox has dual USB ports for charging, so you can charge multiple devices with this one.
Pair Speakers & Waterproof
You will be able to pair your speakers if you are not satisfied with the devices’ immediate sound. Both the speakers have the JBL Connect+ feature that allows you to pair your speaker with 100+ similar Connect+ enabled speakers.
You are required to use the JBL app to pair your speaker. The speakers can be connected & controlled with up to 2 smartphones at a time.
JBL Boombox and Xtreme 2 is an IPx7 rated waterproof device that allows you to use them in a pool or beachside party. They are entirely waterproof and splashproof, so there is no break in your music session.
Durability & Warranty
No doubt that these are two great speakers with all the required features. You will get a clear premium sound at any bass level. They are super durable, and the IPx7 rating will keep you more relaxed while using them. The durable fabric material will protect the devices from any drop or extreme environment. JBL offers a 1-year of warranty for the speakers.
JBL Boombox and Xtreme are two perfect speakers for outdoor or home purposes. The bass of this device is monstrous with a loud sound. Boombox is the best alternative for you if you like loud music and a lot of basses. You’ll get a more powerful battery with a more compact build. If you’re looking for a home entertainment speaker, the Xtreme 2 might be a decent option.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Boombox & Xtreme 2
|What is the size of the woofers?
There are 4-inch woofers in the JBL Boombox.
What’s the battery type of the Boombox?
There is a Lithium Metal battery included on this speaker.
How many hours does it take to charge the Boombox?
To get fully charged, the Boombox takes around 6 hours.
How good is the bass of the Xtreme 2?
It’s pretty good as there is the JBL bass radiator included.
Do they move at a high bass level?
No, not at all. The bottom surface is designed well for a stable position.
Check out related articles from the links below.