Why You Should Go For JBL Charge 4?
- The Charge 4 comes with a charging cable of USB-C type, while the Charge 3 has a Micro-USB option as most of the recent smartphones have USB-C charging ports, so you will be able to charge your smartphone through the speaker.
- It comes with durable fabric material and rugged rubber that allows your speaker to endure all of your extreme adventures. In contrast, Charge 3 doesn’t include these useful facilities.
- You will get a better battery backup on the JBL Charge 4 as this has a powerful 7500 mAH battery. On the other hand, JBL Charge 3 has a 6000 mAH battery included.
- This device comes with the latest edition of the JBL bass radiator, but other speakers don’t have this unique feature.
- This speaker has more color variants than Charge 3. There are 12 color variants available for the Charge 4, whereas its competitor has only 6.
You will be fully satisfied with the amazing performance of the Charge 4. This speaker won’t disappoint you, whether it is about sound or battery backup.
Similarities between JBL Charge 3 & Charge 4
- They are Bluetooth speakers with a premium build quality. So, they will provide long-lasting performance.
- Both are IPx7 waterproof rated that allows to use on the beach or the pool without worrying about submersion in water.
- You can charge your phones with the speakers. So, in an emergency, you will get powerbank facility.
- Multiple color variants are available for the devices. As a result, you can choose a color according to your personality.
- The Bass and sound quality are very decent that makes your listening session more pleasant.
You will get these facilities from both Bluetooth speakers. But if you want the best sound quality with improved features then you should go with JBL Charge 4.
|Specifications||JBL Charge 3||JBL Charge 4|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Color||Variants Available||Variants Available|
|Product Dimension||9.1 x 3.5 x 3.5 inches||3.5 x 8.5 x 3.4 inches|
|Product Weight||1.8 pounds||3.21 pounds|
|Battery||1 LR44 Battery (included)||1 Lithium Polymer Battery (included)|
|Warranty||1-Year of Warranty||1-Year of Warranty|
Comparison of Features between JBL charge 3 & charge 4
The JBL Charge 3 & 4 comes with a beautiful small-sized design that you can carry anywhere. They are very lightweight, and you can carry them with a single hand. The outlook of both devices is quite the same except for the size.
The Charge 4 is a bit bigger than the Charge 4, but it’s not on that scale. There are 6 buttons on the devices. You will get the BlueTooth, volume adjustments, and power settings there.
Sound & Bass
The sound quality of these headphones is too good. Charge 4 comes with a powerful and crystal clear sound. The bass of this device won’t disappoint you for sure. A dedicated JBL bass radiator will deliver you a powerful, ear-catching bass effect in any range of sound.
The JBL Charge 3 also comes with decent sound quality. The powerful stereo sound will make your event better, that’s a guarantee.
Waterproof & Noise Cancellation
The speakers are IPx7 rated waterproof devices. So you don’t need to worry about any water or splash. Just place the headphones in any corner and start having fun. The JBL 3 has noise and echo-canceling features to answer your calls.
These devices will connect through Bluetooth. Both devices have Bluetooth version 4 for this purpose. Your phone can be charged through the speakers. Here, the Charge 4 is a better option as it has USB-C while the Charge 3 has a micro-USB option.
JBL Charge 3 comes with 20 hours of playtime. The Lithium-ion polymer battery of the Charge 3 will give you a standard backup even after a long day of use. The batteries don’t take much time to get fully charged. Charge 4 will give you a better backup as this has a more powerful battery than the Charge 3.
This is a unique feature that is only available on Charge 4. This unique feature enables you to search for another JBL Charge 4 or Connect+ device for connection. You can connect your Charge 4 with more than 100+ Connect+ devices. There is a dedicated button called Charge 4 for activating this feature.
Durability & Warranty
The premium build quality made these devices super durable. You can use them at any party or for home entertainment purposes. JBL always focuses on its quality, and these are also in the market with high-end quality materials. There is 1 year of warranty for the speakers from the manufacturer.
They are super flexible to carry, and the waterproof feature made their top in the choice list. The Charge 4 has a better battery and the latest specs that made it unbeatable. If the lightweight is your only concern, you can go for the Charge 3. You may miss the unique specs, but it’s comfortable to carry.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Charge 3 & Charge 4
|Is it possible to adjust the Bass?
Yes, sure. Hold the Bluetooth and the minus button together to get the options.
Can I connect the speaker to my PC?
Sure. You can do that either through a cable or a Bluetooth transmitter.
Can I charge the device while playing music?
Yes, sure. You can charge the speakers while the music is playing.
Can I charge my OnePlus 6 with this speaker?
This speaker charges almost all the devices.
Which country is the manufacturer of the speakers?
These JBL speakers are made in China.
Read more speaker comparisons here.