If you are confused about picking the better Bluetooth speaker between JBL Charge 3 & Flip 4, then you should consider Charge 3 because of its improved functions.
Why should you choose Charge 3?
- Charge 3 will give you 20 hours of battery backup, so you don’t need to stop for charge frequently. In contrast, Flip 4 will provide you only 12 hours of backup.
- You will receive calls with the touch of a button on this device, whereas the other one doesn’t have this feature.
- This Bluetooth speaker can be connected to 3 smartphones or tablets and deliver powerful stereo sound. But you can connect Flip 4 with two smartphones.
- The Charge 3 comes with the solid build quality and it’s larger in size but doesn’t weigh too much than the Flip 4.
I guess you are no more confused about why Charge 3 would be the better option. Go for this one, and the performance will be truly satisfying.
Similarities between JBL Charge 3 & Flip 4
- The speakers are IPx7 rated waterproof devices. So, no need to worry about rain or spills; even you can submerge them in water.
- Comes with a premium bass and sound quality that make your listening session more enjoyable.
- The speakers are covered with a high-quality fabric material which ensures durability even in extreme adventures.
- Multiple color variants are available for the devices that allow you to choose according to your choice.
- Connect+ enabled speakers to connect with more than 100 speakers to expand the listening experience.
You are gonna get these similar facilities with both Bluetooth speakers. But if you want to enjoy the best sound experience then you have to choose JBL Charge 3.
|Specifications||JBL Charge 3||Flip 4|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Color||Variants Available||Variants Available|
|Product Dimension||9.1 x 3.5 x 3.5 inches||2.76 x 6.89 x 2.68 inches|
|Product Weight||1.8 pounds||1.14 pounds|
|Battery Life||20 hours||12 hours|
|Answer Call Button||Yes||No|
|Battery||1 LR44 battery required (included)||1 Lithium Metal battery required (included)|
|Warranty||1-Year of warranty||1-Year of warranty|
Differences and Similarities between JBL Charge 3 & Flip 4
The speakers are very similar in outlook and come with a cylindrical-shaped design. The Charge 3 has a flat surface to keep the device steady in a high-level bass. The control & the buttons are placed at the top of the speaker. The devices are covered with high-quality fabric material that made them more durable than ordinary speakers. There is an indicator for the power & the Connect+ button. Flip 4 has a simpler design than the Charge 3. Charge 3 looks bigger than Flip 4 as this one has a wider body in the middle part. The speakers are designed as IPx7 rated waterproof devices, so there is no water or spill problem.
Connect+ & Speakerphone
You can connect your JBL Charge 3 and Flip speakers to more than 100+ speakers with the Connect+ feature. This will enhance the quality of the sound and the bass as well. If you’re not getting enough sound or bass during an outside party or camp, you can use this feature. This will make them louder way more than the previous level. Flip 4 comes with this Connect+ pre-installed. This feature was not available on the Charge 3, but JBL later released an upgrade and included this unique feature into the Charge 3.
You will be able to receive your calls on the JBL Charge 3. This device can be used as a speakerphone as there is a noise-canceling feature included.
Sound & Bass
Both the speakers have very decent sound & bass. JBL Charge 3 has a satisfactory sound quality. The sound doesn’t create any distortion in a high-level bass. So, you are getting a perfect sound & bass for sure. Flip 4 also has an excellent sound. This device will amplify the sounds and bass as there are dual external passive radiators.
The speakers are available in multiple color variants. Flip 4 has a total of 8 color options so that you can pick your desired one. There is one camouflage variant available that looks better than the others. Charge 3 total 6 variants, including a camouflaged variant. Charge 3 has a better design, and the colors look great on this speaker.
Here comes one of the major segments of a Bluetooth speaker, the battery. Both of the speakers come with a powerful battery, but Charge 3 is obviously the winner. With a single charge, the strong 6000mAH battery will provide you with 20 hours of battery backup. Speakers can also be used as a power bank to charge your smartphones or tablets. Flip 4 has a 3000mAH battery that will provide you only 12 hours of battery. So, if you want to party outside with your speakers, Flip 4 is not a good choice.
Durability & Warranty
These devices are built with high-quality components. JBL never compromises quality over anything. If you have them in your hand, you have the freedom to attend a pool or beachside party. They will pass any drop from a particular height. JBL provides a 1-year of warranty for the speakers.
There is no doubt that both the speakers are packed with so many features. Charge 3 is the winner here for the powerful battery backup and the better build quality. This one will definitely enhance your party and give you a better musical adventure. Flip 4 can be an option if you want super bass.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Charge 3 & Flip 4
|Can I charge my smartphone through the speakers?
Sure, you can charge your smartphone or tabs.
How is the bass quality of the devices?
They are pretty good. No distortion in the sound.
Can I receive calls on the JBL Charge 3?
Sure. There is a button to receive calls on this device.
Are they waterproof?
Yes. Both the speakers are IPx7 rated waterproof devices.
Check out related articles from the links below.
- UE Boom 3 vs Megaboom
- JBL Charge 4 Vs Flip 4
- UE Megaboom 3 vs JBL Charge 4
- UE Megablast vs Megaboom 3
- JBL Flip 5 vs UE Boom 3
- JBL Boombox vs Boombox 2
- Ultimate Ears Boom 2 vs Boom 3
- Jahidul Islam is mostly an expert in computer accessories and smartwatches. He is dedicated to helping people to choose accessories from different items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Shoe2022.05.20Air Max 95 vs 97 – Check Why We Recommend Air Max 95!
- Computer Accessories2022.05.19Logitech K350 vs MK550 – Check why should you pick MK550 Combo!
- Smart TV2022.05.18Apple Watch vs Samsung Watch – Which is the best smartwatch?
- Computer Accessories2022.05.18Logitech MK235 vs MK270 – Check Why Logitech MK270 is Better!