Charge 4 and Flip 4 from JBL are two considerable Bluetooth speakers. If you are looking for the best one that will be worth every penny, you should pick JBL Charge 4.
Why You Should Pick Charge 4?
- JBL Charge 4 will give you 20 hours of battery backup, while Flip 4 will provide only 12 hours of backup.
- This Bluetooth speaker comes with a USB-C type charging option. As most of the smartphones come with this configure, you will get an advantage for this spec.
- The Charge 4 will deliver better bass output as this has a stronger bass with the dual passive radiators. On the contrary, Flip 4 has an ordinary bass quality.
- This device will be more durable than the Flip 4 as this device’s body is made of rugged, durable fabric materials.
- There are more variants of color available for this device than the other one. Charge 4 has a total of 12 color options, while its competitor Flip 4 has 8 color variants.
Bluetooth speakers are great for parties or camps & this is why you will need a powerful battery and a solid build quality. Charge 4 has them both with some extras.
- Both are Premium build quality devices. So, you can use them for a long time without any issue.
- They are IPx7 rated which allows you to bring them to the beach or pool party without worrying about submersion in water.
- There is a bass radiator in the speakers that deliver powerful and ear-catching JBL sound.
- The speakers can be paired with other Connect+-enabled devices that expand your listening experience to epic levels.
- Covered with a high-quality fabric material which ensures the most leading durability.
You will get these similar functions with both Bluetooth speakers. If you want superb sound quality with improved features then you should go with JBL Charge 4.
Quick Comparison: JBL Charge 4 vs Flip 4
|Specifications||JBL Charge 4||JBL Flip 4|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Color||Variants Available||Variants Available|
|Product Dimension||3.5 x 8.5 x 3.4 inches||2.76 x 6.89 x 2.68 inches|
|Product Weight||3.21 pounds||1.14 pounds|
|Battery||1 Lithium Polymer battery required (included)||1 Lithium Metal battery required (included)|
|Waterproof||IPx7 rated waterproof||IPx7 rated waterproof|
|Warranty||1-Year of Warranty||1-Year of Warranty|
Comparison of Features Between JBL Charge 4 & Flip 4
The JBL Flip four comes with a typical cylindrical design. The power & Connect+ buttons are placed on one side of the speaker. There are other controls for Bluetooth, volume, and playlist available on the speaker.
The speakers are built with a durable fabric material that will protect them in any drop from a decent height. Both the speakers are IPx7 rated speakers, so there won’t be any problem with any touch of water or spills. Charge 4 has a slightly different design.
This one has a better look than the previous one. The controls are placed together on the speaker. The speakers can be placed anywhere, and they will stay steady for the flat surface on the opposite side of the buttons.
As these are Bluetooth speakers, you will need a better battery backup to use them in any outdoor part or camp. The Charge 3 has a powerful 7500mAH battery that will provide you with 20 hours of battery backup with a single charge.
The rechargeable Li-ion battery won’t take much time to get fully charged. On the other hand, the Flip 4 comes with a 3000mAH battery and will provide you with a battery backup of 12 hours.
The Charge 4 can be used as a power bank to charge your devices like smartphones. They have different port types for charging. Charge 4 comes with a Type-C USB charging option, while the Flip 4 has a micro-USB setting.
Sound & Bass
The speakers come with very premium sound quality. The Charge 4 has a powerful sound and an extraordinary bass that will be obviously better than the other one. There is a JBL Bass radiator on the Charge 4 that will deliver ear-catching sound and bass.
The dual passive radiators will give you the same bass at any sound level without any distortion. Flip 4 also comes with an excellent sound & bass. The bass radiator will deliver you crystal clear sound with solid bass.
There are some color variants available for the devices so that you can choose your desired one from the large collection. The Flip 4 has a total of 12 color variants, including two camouflage versions. The camouflage versions look great and unique as there are very few devices available in this style. Flip 4 has a total of 8 variants. Though they have different color styles still the Charge 4 speakers look great in the colors.
Connect+ & Bluetooth
If you want to pair your device with other speakers, you can do that by using the Connect+ feature. Connect+ allows you to amplify your sound and bass by connecting your speaker with more than 100 Connect+ enabled speakers.
This will enhance your party environment multiple times better and louder. During an outside party or music session, this feature will be useful as there may be noise in the environment. Both Flip 4 and Charge 4 have the Connect+ feature, so there are no worries during a party if you have them in your hand.
One of the advantages of the Flip 4 is this device can be paired with 2 smartphones or tablets for a stereo sound, while this feature is not available on the Charge 4.
Durability & Warranty
The speakers are made with premium fabrics material, and there is no doubt about their durability. They are completely waterproof, and you are ready to go for a poolside party. JBL provides a 1-year of warranty for the speakers. They are built to outlast any adventure of yours.
Both the speakers have very premium sound and bass quality that made them the perfect choice for any purpose. If you want to have the best, Charge 4 is the first choice then. This one has a better battery and an outlook with some other unique specs described above. If you’re looking for a lower-budget speaker, check the Flip 4, it’s great too.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Charge 4 & Flip 4
|Is there any volume level indication?
No, the speakers don’t show the volume level.
What is the type of charger for these devices?
Charge 4 has a USB-C, and the Flip 4 has a micro-USB charging system.
How is the bass of the speakers?
They are very decent compared to the usual devices.
Can I carry these speakers with one hand?
Sure. They are very lightweight and comfortable to carry.
Is there any distortion of sound for a high-level bass?
Not at all. The bass of the devices is very clear and loud.
Read related comparisons here.
- UE Megaboom 3 vs JBL Charge 4
- UE Megablast vs Megaboom 3
- JBL Flip 5 vs UE Boom 3
- JBL Boombox vs Boombox 2
- Ultimate Ears Boom 2 vs Boom 3
- Bose Revolve vs Revolve Plus
- Jahidul Islam is mostly an expert in computer accessories and smartwatches. He is dedicated to helping people to choose accessories from different items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Shoe2022.05.20Air Max 95 vs 97 – Check Why We Recommend Air Max 95!
- Computer Accessories2022.05.19Logitech K350 vs MK550 – Check why should you pick MK550 Combo!
- Smart TV2022.05.18Apple Watch vs Samsung Watch – Which is the best smartwatch?
- Computer Accessories2022.05.18Logitech MK235 vs MK270 – Check Why Logitech MK270 is Better!