JBL Charge 4 and Flip 5 both are popular Bluetooth speakers on the market. If you are confused to pick one between these two, then Charge 4 will be the better option with some advanced features.
What Features Make Charge 4 Better?
- JBL Charge 4 has a powerful battery that will last for up to 20 hours, while the Flip 5 will back you up only for 12 hours.
- You will have better bass on the Charge 4 for its bass radiator that made your listening session more enjoyable. But its competitor will provide you with an ordinary bass.
- Charge 4 comes with durable fabric material and rugged rubber that allows your speaker to survive all of your big adventures. On the contrary, Flip 5 has ordinary fabric.
- You can charge your smartphones through the Charge 4 instantly and use it as a power bank. On the other hand, the battery of Flip 5 is not that powerful to charge another device.
- This Bluetooth speaker has 10 distinct color options to choose from, even it has a better and more upgraded outlook than the other one.
I guess you are no more confused about choosing the better one. You will surely enjoy the battery and the bass of the Charge 4.
- These speakers are IPx7 rated waterproof devices. So, there won’t be any problem while using in the pool, beach, or as a shower speaker.
- These devices have a Bluetooth range of 100+ feet that allow you to keep them at a certain distance and enjoy your time.
- They have premium sound and bass quality. As a result, your listening session will be more pleasant.
- These devices can be paired with other Connect+speakers. So, you can connect your favorite devices with these speakers.
You will get these similar facilities with both Bluetooth speakers. If you are satisfied with these functions then you can choose any of them. But if you want the best sound quality with improved features then you should go with JBL Charge 4.
Quick Comparison: JBL Charge 4 vs Flip 5
|Specifications||JBL Charge 4||Flip 5|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Color||Variants Available||Variants Available|
|Product Dimension||3.5 x 8.5 x 3.4 inches||7.1 x 2.7 x 2.9 inches|
|Product Weight||3.21 pounds||1.2 pounds|
|Battery Life||20 hours||12 hours|
|Battery||1 Lithium Polymer Battery (included)||1 Lithium Metal Battery (included)|
|Warranty||1-Year of Warranty||1-Year of Warranty|
Similarities and Difference Between JBL Charge 4 & Flip 5
There is not much difference in the outlook of the speakers. The only noticeable difference is, the middle portion of Charge 4 is bigger than Flip 5. The Flip 5 has a flat surface on top and bottom. The design of the speakers is very simple yet looks premium.
Both the speakers have dedicated volume adjustment buttons and power buttons on a single side. The Bluetooth speakers are designed with durable fabric material for long-lasting usage. There won’t be any problem with water as they are IPx7 rated waterproof devices.
Connectivity & Battery
These speakers can be connected through Bluetooth. These speakers can be operated from a distance of 100 feet. So you don’t need to stick around the speakers all the time. In terms of battery, the Charge 4 is obviously the winner as it has a powerful battery with a backup of 20 hours. But Flip 5 will last only 12 hours with a single charge. For any outside party or camp, Charge 4 is the best.
During a party, if you want to connect the speakers, the Connect+ feature gives you the advantage. The Bluetooth speaker can be connected to other Connect+-enabled devices for a loud sound. This can be availed during a party when there are multiple speakers. The Connect+ feature will enhance the sound experience and make the environment more enjoyable than before.
There are some color variations of these speakers available that will allow you to choose your favorite one. There are almost all kinds of colors available for the devices. Flip 5 has more color variations than Charge 4. There are two camouflage variations available for both speakers.
Sound & Bass
There is no doubt that JBL speakers have one of the finest sounds among the speakers available in the market. Both the speakers have amazing sound quality with a very crisp and natural tone. The bass quality is also top-notch in any level of sound. The Charge 4 will deliver better bass between these two. This Bluetooth speaker comes with a bass radiator and will give you better bass plus sound than the Flip 5.
Durability & Warranty
The speakers are fully covered with durable fabric, and they will last for a long period without any doubt. They will stay floating in the water, so no need to worry during a poolside party. There is a 1-year of warranty for the speakers, but they will last way more than that.
As these are waterproof devices, you will surely want to carry them outside. For this, you need a better battery, and JBL Charge 4 is the speaker with a powerful battery. Between these two, if you want the best – just go for Charge 4. This one will give you a better bass and battery that will be worth every penny you are investing.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Charge 4 & Flip 5
|What is the maximum distance to operate these speakers?|
You can operate the speakers from a distance of 100-feet and even more.
Are the speakers compatible with iPhones?
Sure, they are compatible with android and iPhones both.
Is there a travel case included?
Unfortunately, No. But they are very easy to carry.
Can I charge my mobile with the Charge 4?
Sure, you can charge your phones through the speakers.
Are they waterproof?
Yes, sure. They are IPx7 rated waterproof.
Check below for more comparison articles.