JBL Clip 2 & 3 are two great mini Bluetooth speakers. If you are confused about choosing one, my suggestion would be Clip 3 as it has some improved features.
Why I Suggest JBL Clip 3?
- The JBL Clip 3 comes with 10 hours of battery backup, while the Clip 2 will provide you only 8 hours of battery backup with a single charge.
- The volume adjustment buttons are placed well in this device than the other one. You don’t need to flip or rotate your speaker to adjust the volume.
- There are 15 color variants available for Clip 3, whereas there are only 6 variants for Clip 2.
- This speaker’s integrated metal carabiner is more durable and looks good than the carabiner of its competitor.
These unique characteristics made the Clip a better choice between these two. If you want to witness an amazing musical adventure, go for this one.
Similarities between JBL Clip 2 & 3
- The speakers are IPx7 rated waterproof devices. So, you don’t need to worry if your speakers get wet.
- Available in multiple color variants that allow you to choose one according to your taste.
- There is a 3.5mm audio jack input in both speakers.
- Both of the devices have an auto-power-off feature.
- They come with a carabiner to hook and carry.
You will get these similar facilities with both Bluetooth speakers. If you want a better sound with advanced functions then you should pick JBL Clip 3.
|Specifications||JBL Clip 2||Clip 3|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Color||Variants Available||Variants Available|
|Product Dimension||3.7 x 1.7 x 5.6 inches||4.33 x 2.17 x 4.3 inches|
|Product Weight||6.5 ounces||9.6 ounces|
|Battery||1 Lithium Polymer Battery required(included)||1 Lithium Polymer Battery required(included)|
|Battery-Life||8 Hours||10 Hours|
|Waterproof||IPx7 rated waterproof||IPx7 rated waterproof|
|Output Power (W)||3||3.3|
|Warranty||1-Year of warranty||1-Year of warranty|
Detail about the features of JBL Clip 2 & 3
The speakers come with a round portable design, and there is a carabiner to hook the speaker in your backpack or anywhere else. Both the speakers have quite similar looks except for the fabric and the material of the carabiner.
Clip 3 has a volume adjustment button on the body, but Clip 2 has buttons on the speaker’s side. The metal carabiner of the Clip 3 looks more premium than the other one. The fabric that covered the body of the speakers looks shinier and more beautiful on Clip 3. The speakers are small in size and can be held easily in a single hand.
Clip 3 & Clip 2 has different variants of color so that you can choose your desired one from the large collection. There are a total of 15 color variants available for the JBL Clip 3. There are two camouflage variants available in black and green color too.
The other one, JBL Clip 2, has only 6 color options, including one camouflage of green variant. The rugged rubber housing fabric made the colors look more superior.
Though they are mini Bluetooth speakers, there is still a decent battery for a standard battery backup. The JBL Clip 3 will give you a battery backup of 10 hours from a single charge. The battery of Clip 2 is weaker than the previous one.
This one will provide you only 8 hours of backup. So for an outside party or camp, Clip 3 is obviously the better option to go for. The speakers have the auto-power off feature, so they will turn off after a certain inactive use period. This feature will save the battery life and give you a long time to play.
Sound & Bass
The speakers come with a very premium sound quality, and there is no doubt about that. You will be pleased for sure with the sound and the bass, considering the budget and the size. Both of the speakers come with a high-quality sound, which will be crystal clear at any volume level. The bass is also very natural, and there is no distortion, even in a high level of sound.
Waterproof & Speakerphone
You don’t need to worry about any kind of water or spills for the speakers. Both of the IPx7 rated waterproof devices. The speakers even can be immersed into water for the solid build quality of rugged fabrics. These devices can be easily played into a pool or beachside party.
If you are required to answer your calls through the speakers, you can do that so with the speakers’ built-in mic. The noise and echo canceling speakerphone can be used to take crystal clear calls with a single touch.
Pair Speaker & Audio Cable
If you want to pair your speaker with multiple speakers for a stereo sound, Clip 2 will allow you to do so using the Daisy Chain feature. You can connect two Clip 2 wirelessly to amplify the sound output and get a louder and stronger sound. Unfortunately, this feature is not available in Clip 3.
Both of the speakers have a 3.5mm audio cable input. If your music player doesn’t have Bluetooth pairing, there is no need to pause. Just plug the cable into the input.
Durability & Warranty
I guess you can realize the durability of the speakers by looking at the outlook. Clip 2 & 3 both are completely waterproof and will last any drop from a decent height. They are perfect for any parties or other purposes for the flexibility of carrying. There is one year of warranty from the manufacturer but no need to worry, they will last more than years.
JBL Clip 2 and 3 are two great Bluetooth speakers on a reasonable budget. You can choose yours by exploring the points above. In my opinion, Clip 3 is the best of these two for the powerful battery and the upgraded outlook. If you want a louder sound during a get-together, then go for Clip 2, as this one includes the Daisy Chain feature.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Clip 2 & 3
|Is there any audio input in these speakers?
Yes. There is a 3.5 mm audio jack input in both speakers.
Is there any distortion in the bass?
The bass quality is very great considering the size of the speakers.
Will there be any issue with any water contact?
No. They are IPx7 rated devices.
What’s the Bluetooth version of the JBL Clip 3?
JBL Clip 3 has the 4.1 Bluetooth version.
Is there any Camouflage variant of color?
Yes. Clip 3 has two on Clip 2 has one variant.
Find related articles from the below links.
- Wonderboom 2 vs Boom 3
- JBL Charge 3 vs Flip 4
- UE Boom 3 vs Megaboom
- JBL Charge 4 Vs Flip 4
- UE Megaboom 3 vs JBL Charge 4
- UE Megablast vs Megaboom 3
- JBL Flip 5 vs UE Boom 3
- JBL Boombox vs Boombox 2
- Jahidul Islam is mostly an expert in computer accessories and smartwatches. He is dedicated to helping people to choose accessories from different items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.31JBL Xtreme 2 vs Sony XB43 – Check Why Sony XB43 is Best?
- Gaming Headphone2022.08.31Hifiman Sundara vs HD650 – Which headphone performs better?
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.31Wonderboom 2 vs Boom 3 – What makes Boom 3 a Better Choice?
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.30JBL Xtreme 2 vs UE Megaboom 3 – Which one is Best?