We all know JBL maintains its supremacy in their Bluetooth speaker segment; meanwhile, JBL Clip 3 and Flip 4 are two. But JBL Flip 4 is ahead of some significant sections from Clip 3. So, we suggest you pick Flip 4 instead of Clip 3.
Why Should You Pick JBL Flip 4?
- JBL Flip 4 can deliver 12 hours of playback time; JBL Clip 3 provides 10 hours of backup. Since this device has a more extended battery, you should consider this one as you can use it conveniently for hours.
- This speaker combines with dual external passive radiators so that you can feel the bass. In contrast, Clip 3 doesn’t include this function.
- It is compatible with the JBL Connect+ app, plus integrated with voice assistant. Thus you can effortlessly operate the device from your smartphone and Siri or Google from your Flip 4 speaker. Unfortunately, Clip 3 is missing this incredible function.
- You can wirelessly pair up two smartphones or tablets with JBL Flip 4. Moreover, the device lets you play impressive stereo sound. On the other hand, Clip 3 cannot connect with multiple devices.
JBL Flip 4 delivers incredible sound quality compared to Clip 3. So, if you want to make your investment worthwhile, this should be your consideration.
Similar Features of JBL Flip 4 and Clip 3
- JBL Flip 4 and Clip 3 speakers are fully waterproof means they can be submerged underwater. Also, they are built with rugged material that makes them durable.
- These two have a speakerphone function that lets you take calls from your speaker with a touch of a button. Moreover, both have echo and noise-canceling functions to deliver crystal clear calls.
Comparison Chart: JBL Clip 3 and Flip 4
|Specifications||JBL Clip 3||JBL Flip 4|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Playback time||10 hours||12 hours|
|Voice Assistant Integration||No||Yes|
|Pair Multiple Speakers||No||Yes|
|Dimensions||4.33 x 2.17 x 4.3 inches||2.76 x 6.89 x 2.68 inches|
|Weight||0.49 pounds||1.14 pounds|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences and Similarities between JBL Clip 3 and Flip 4
You should consider the sound quality before purchasing a Bluetooth speaker, and here JBL Flip 4 will deliver you incredible sound. That’s because this device combines with dual external passive radiators that demonstrate powerful yet rich sound. So if you want to feel the bass, see the bass, then you can go with JBL Flip 4 with your eyes closed.
Besides, JBL Clip 3 doesn’t include a bass radiator, but it also produces quality sound. However, both of them are integrated with noise and echo-canceling functions as well.
Additionally, these two can be used as a speakerphone with a touch of a button. And the noise & echo-canceling function ensures you get crystal-clear calls.
When it comes to playback time, JBL Flip 4 is better because it delivers 12 hours of playback on a single charge. Besides, JBL Clip 3 offers 10 hours of playback with a charge. Since the Flip 4 offers slightly longer playtime, you can go with this device. But if you are okay with a 10 hours battery, grab Clip 3.
App & Voice Integration
JBL Flip 4 device has both app and Voice integrated features, but the Clip 3 doesn’t. However, the app lets you control the device from the smartphone, which is very convenient. And you can control volume or change track effortlessly. Additionally, you can use Siri or Google voice assistant for any changes you want.
Nevertheless, JBL Clip 3 is not compatible with the JBL Connect+ app or voice assistant. Instead, the device needs to be controlled from the device directly, which is slightly inconvenient sometimes.
Multiple speaker connection
You can connect JBL Flip 4 with two smartphones or tablets for a wide range of sound. But the Clip 3 cannot combine multiple devices at the same time. So if you want to enjoy the party to the fullest, then Flip 4 would be a better choice.
JBL Clip 3 and Flip 4 are IPX7 rated waterproof. So, don’t worry about spills or rain. In fact, these devices can be immersed in water up to 1 meter so that you can enjoy your pool party even underwater.
In addition, they are built with durable fabric material with rugged rubber housing that ensures durability. Anyhow, you will get a 1-year limited warranty on these JBL speakers that cover any manufacturer damages.
JBL Clip 3 and Flip 4 are famous speakers among users, but we strongly suggest you pick JBL Flip 4. This is because it has better playback time, dual bass radiator, and app & Voice integrated features. Besides, JBL Clip 3 doesn’t include these properties, which is a downside. Thus, consider these things to make your decision worth it.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Flip 4 and Clip 3
Can I connect these speakers with the JBL Connect+ app?
JBL Flip 4 is compatible with the JBL Connect+ app, as well as it has a voice integration feature. But JBL Clip 3 does not include these functions.
Can I set up the Flip 4 without the app?
Sure, you can set up the device via Bluetooth from your smartphone or tablet.
Do they have speakerphones?
Yes, these JBL devices work with speakerphones to use them to take calls. Moreover, they are echo and noise-canceling speakers; thus, you will get crystal clear calls every time.
Do they have an auxiliary jack?
JBL Flip 4 has an auxiliary jack, while Clip 3 doesn’t include it.
How long does Clip 3 take to charge?
Usually, the device takes one and a half hours to charge on the first time. Anyhow, this Bluetooth speaker delivers 10 hours of playback time, and you can use it while charging.
Read more comparisons from the below links –