Flip 3 & Flip 4 can be two great Bluetooth speakers for home entertainment or outdoor blast. If you plan to choose one, I would highly recommend JBL Flip 4 for you.
Why I Recommend JBL Flip 4?
- JBL Flip 4 comes with a powerful battery that will provide you a non-stop playtime for up to 12 hours, while the Flip 3 has a backup of only 10 hours.
- This Bluetooth speaker comes with an upgraded pairing system, Connect+. On the other hand, Flip 3 features a Connect option to pair.
- JBL Flip 4 comes with an IPx7 waterproof rating, while the other one is splashproof but doesn’t have any standard rating.
- You will have a better bass on this device as this has a JBL bass radiator included. Flip 3 will provide you ordinary bass output because there is no JBL bass radiator on this one.
All these key features mentioned above make JBL Flip 4 the best choice here. If you closely see the functions, hope you will appreciate this speaker.
Similarities between JBL Flip 3 & Flip 4
- The speakers are splashproof. So, no more worrying about rain or spills; you can even submerge them in water.
- They have multiple color variants. Thus, you can choose your preferable color.
- Both the speakers are very lightweight that made them comfortable to carry with you.
- They can be paired with multiple speakers.
You are gonna enjoy these similar functions with both Bluetooth speakers. But if you want the best sound quality with advanced features then you should go with JBL Flip 4.
|Specifications||JBL Flip 3||Flip 4|
|Editor’s Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Color||8 Variants Available||8 Variants Available|
|Product Dimension||7.5 x 4.5 x 3.9 inches||2.76 x 6.89 x 2.68 inches|
|Product Weight||1 pound||1.14 pounds|
|Pair Speakers||Yes (Connect)||Yes (Connect+)|
|Battery||1 Lithium Polymer Battery required (included)||1 Lithium Metal battery required (included)|
|Battery Life||10 Hours||12 Hours|
|Warranty||1-Year of Limited Warranty||1-Year of Limited Warranty|
Differences and Similarities between JBL Flip 3 & Flip 4
Except for the placement of the buttons, the speakers have a virtually identical configuration. JBL Flip 3 & Flip 4 both are fully covered with rugged fabric material, so there won’t be an issue for any extreme usage.
The speakers come in a cylindrical shape and look very premium. There are volume adjustment buttons and the Bluetooth button placed on the speaker’s body, along with a call receive button. In the top portion, you will get a Connect+/Connect button with a light indicator on the devices.
Battery & Variants
The speakers come with decent batteries that will be perfect for your music session. The Flip 3 comes with a 3000mAh battery that can last up to 10 hours on a single charge. Though the Flip 4 has the same 3000mAh battery, this one will last 12 hours with a single charge.
The speakers are available in different color variants so that you can choose your desired one from the large collection. Both the speakers are available in 8-different variants. JBL Flip 4 has a camouflaged variant that looks greater than the single color variants.
Sound & Bass
There is no doubt that the speakers will provide you top-notch sound with an ear-catching bass. The Flip 4 will deliver you powerful sound without any distortion. As this device has a JBL bass radiator, this device will surely give you a thundering bass. On the other hand, JBL Flip 3 is also a great music speaker, but the sound output won’t be as excellent as the JBL Flip 4.
Waterproof & Speakerphone
JBL Flip 3 is a splashproof device that means this device will work fine in any water or spills contact. The JBL Flip 4, on the other hand, is a waterproof device with an IPx7 rating. As a result, playing this speaker at any beach or poolside party would be a delight. Flip 3 is recommended not to submerge into the water. Flip 4 can be submerged into water, and this device will float in the water.
You will be able to receive any calls through the speakers. The echo-free mics will give you the advantage of answering calls directly from the speaker. There is a dedicated button to answer calls on both of the devices.
If you are not satisfied with the immediate sound, you can enhance the sound and bass by pairing them up with other similar speakers. Flip 3 has Connect, and Flip 4 has Connect+ features for powerful stereo music. There is a dedicated app to connect the speakers with the mentioned technology-enabled speakers. You will be able to pair the JBL Flip 4 with more than 100 Connect+ enabled speakers.
Durability & Warranty
The speakers will surely provide you long-term service, and there is no doubt about that. They are fully covered with premium rugged fabric materials, and the splashproof feature will protect them in any unwanted situation. You will get a 1-year of warranty for the speakers from the manufacturer, JBL.
The speakers are great in outlook as well in the sound and bass quality. They are perfect for any outdoor or even home purposes. But the JBL Flip 4 is undoubtedly the better one with a standard waterproof rating and an upgraded pairing option. Flip 3 can be an alternative if you are not worried about the battery backup.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Flip 3 & Flip 4
|Does the Flip 3 come with any waterproof rating?
No. It’s just a splash-proof device.
Do they deliver sound from the front side?
Flip 3 & Flip 4 are 360-degree speakers.
Do they weigh too much?
No. They are very light and portable.
Is there any handle to carry?
No. You can add a hook or belt to carry.
How is the sound at a high-bass level?
It’s great. No distortion or echo at any level.
Read related articles here.
- Polk S15 vs S20
- JBL Xtreme 2 vs Xtreme 3
- JBL Xtreme vs Charge 4
- JBL Boombox vs Xtreme 2
- JBL Xtreme 2 vs Charge 4
- Bose Soundbar 500 vs 700
- JBL Xtreme vs Xtreme 2
- Jahidul Islam is mostly an expert in computer accessories and smartwatches. He is dedicated to helping people to choose accessories from different items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.31JBL Xtreme 2 vs Sony XB43 – Check Why Sony XB43 is Best?
- Gaming Headphone2022.08.31Hifiman Sundara vs HD650 – Which headphone performs better?
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.31Wonderboom 2 vs Boom 3 – What makes Boom 3 a Better Choice?
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.30JBL Xtreme 2 vs UE Megaboom 3 – Which one is Best?