You will get excellent sound from the JBL Flip 3 and Flip 5 wireless speakers. But if you want the best Flip device between them, you should choose JBL Flip 5.
Why Should You Choose JBL Flip 5?
- JBL Flip 5 sounds better than Flip 3 since it is integrated with 20W power outputs. Besides, the rival device combines with 16W. Hence, this device will deliver you high output so that you can enjoy the booming bass with its compact design.
- You will get more than 12 hours of playtime with the Flip 5 while its’ brother gives 10 hours. Thus you can enjoy the signature sound and more extended playtime with this JBL speaker.
- This wireless speaker is IPX7 rated, which makes it waterproof. You can bring this device for any pool party to enjoy the party to the fullest. In contrast, JBL Flip 3 isn’t a waterproof device, instead of its’ splashproof.
- JBL Flip 5 also combines with the USB-C Quick charge feature, on the other hand, its competitor doesn’t have this function. However, the speaker won’t take much time to charge fully.
These features make the JBL Flip 5 a better device compared to the Flip 4. So, we highly suggest you consider this device.
Similar Features: JBL Flip 3 & Flip 5
- JBL Flip 3 and Flip 5 both wireless speakers can be paired up with multiple devices so that you can create a bigger party.
- JBL Flip combines a one-year limited warranty; it offers free repair service for any manufacturer’s damages.
Specifications Chart: JBL Flip 3 vs Flip 5
|Specifications||JBL Flip 3||JBL Flip 5|
|Editor’s Rating||4.4 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Battery Life||10 hours||12 hours|
|USB-C Quick Charge||No||Yes|
|Dimensions||2.6 x 2.6 x 6.3 inches||7.1 x 2.7 x 2.9 inches|
|Weight||0.99 lbs||1.20 lbs|
|Pair Multiple Speakers||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences & Similarities Between JBL Flip 3 and Flip 5
JBL Flip 5 offers better sound compared to the JBL Flip 3. This is because it features 20W power output, including a 44mm driver size. Moreover, this device has a PartyBoost function that delivers you a booming bass with its compact package.
At the same time, Flip 3 has 16W power output thus, it cannot offer sound quality like the Flip 5. However, both devices produce richness since they have dual external passive radiators. But if you want slightly better sound performance, then go with the JBL Flip 5.
If you are looking for a water resistance speaker, Flip 5 is the best choice as it is an IPX7 rated device. In contrast, the Flip 3 is a splashproof speaker, and it can handle minor water spills. Whereas the Flip 5 can handle three feet of water, which is very convenient. Its waterproof feature lets you take the device anywhere you want to enjoy the party.
JBL Flip 3 has a 3000mAh battery, whereas Flip 5 is integrated with 4800mAh. The Flip 5 device’s capacity delivers you more than 12 hours of playtime so that the music goes longer and you get a signature sound. Besides, the Flip 3 gives 10 hours of playback time sufficient for a small get-together party.
In terms of portability, JBL Flip 3 has a compact design compared to its brother. It measures 2.6 x 2.6 x 6.3 inches while Flip 5 dimensions are 7.1 x 2.7 x 2.9 inches. In addition, the weight of Flip 3 is 0.99 lbs while Flip 5 is 1.20 lbs. If you need a lightweight and compact speaker, then Flip 3 would be the best way to go.
You can use the Flip 3 as a speakerphone while the Flip 5 is not. However, this device allows you to take calls with a touch of a button, and you can hear a crystal clear sound every time. The speakerphone also has echo, plus a noise-canceling feature that’s very handy.
Generally, JBL delivers a one-year limited warranty for any manufacturer defects. If you have any issues while using the speaker, you can claim a free repair service. Keep in mind that the warranty is only applicable to the original user.
Nevertheless, these two devices are built with durable fabric material, including rugged rubber. Thus, you can use them for years to come.
JBL Flip 3 and Flip 5 are outstanding devices, undoubtedly, but some handy functions make the Flip 5 the best choice. If you want to invest in a speaker, the Flip 5 is worth your investment. And if you are looking for a budget speaker, then go with the Flip 3 either.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Flip 3 and Flip 5
|Are they splashproof?
Yes, both JBL speakers are splashproof, so that you don’t need to worry about water spills. However, the JBL Flip 5 is also a waterproof device.
Can I answer my phone with Flip 3?
Yes, JBL Flip 3 is a speakerphone that lets you answer the call simply with a touch of a button.
How long is the battery life of Flip 5?
The JBL Flip 5 can last for more than 12 hours on a single charge since it has a 4800mAh battery.
Do they provide a warranty?
Yes, JBL combines with a one-year limited warranty from the date you purchase them.
Are they PartyBoost compatible?
JBL Flip 5 is a PartyBoost compatible device that allows you to pair up two JBL PartyBoost speakers so that you get stereo sound.
You may have interest in some other speakers comparisons below-