JBL Flip 4 and UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speakers are worth your attention. Yet you should pick the UE Boom 2.
Why Should You Pick UE Boom 2?
- Its battery can deliver you 15 hours of playing time, besides, JBL Flip 4 gives 12 hours backup. So, you can enjoy music for a longer time with this device that’s incredible.
- UE Boom 2 integrated with 90 Hz frequency response, thus this speaker will produce clear sound so that you can understand each beat. On the other hand, the rival has a 70 Hz frequency response that is not clearer.
- The Boom 2 offers two years warranty while the Flip 4 combines one year. However, you can use this device confidently for years to come and get free repair service against any manufacturer damages.
- This is a shockproof device, but its competitor is not. However, even if the speaker dropped while using, you can be tension-free.
If you want to enjoy clear sound every time from your speaker, then go with UE Boom 2 with your eyes closed.
Similar Features of JBL Flip 4 and UE Boom 2
- These Bluetooth speakers are IPX7 rated, hence, you don’t need to worry about water, rain, or spill on the device.
- JBL Flip 4 and UE Boom 2 can be controlled via the app at the same time, and you can customize the EQ.
- You can pick calls on these devices and talk, and both speakers are echo-canceling speakerphones.
JBL Flip 4 vs UE Boom 2: Quick Comparison Chart
|Specifications||JBL Flip 4||UE Boom 2|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Battery Life||12 hours||15 hours|
|Frequency Response||70 Hz – 20kHz||90 Hz – 20kHz|
|Dimensions||2.76 x 6.89 x 2.68 inches||2.5 x 2.5 x 7 inches|
|Pair Multiple Speakers||Yes||Yes|
|Weight||1.14 pounds||1.20 lbs|
|Warranty||1 Year||2 Years|
Differences and Similarities between JBL Flip 4 vs. UE Boom 2
JBL Flip 4 and UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speakers produce surprisingly powerful stereo sound. Both create a bold 360-degree sound so that you immerse in music. However, the UE Boom 2 is better in terms of frequency response. It has a 90 Hz frequency response, while JBL produces 70 Hz. The 90 Hz frequency makes sure you hear every beat.
Moreover, these two are app integrated speakers that allow you to adjust the equalizer or bass of music. You can also power on/off the speaker via an app that is very convenient.
When it comes to battery life, UE Boom 2 is better since it delivers 15 hours of playback time. At the same time, JBL Flip 4 can hold a charge for 12 hours. So, you can enjoy music for a longer period from the Boom 2 speaker.
Anyhow, the average charging time of JBL is 3.5 hours, while UE takes 3.4 hours. Even though the battery life is slightly different, we recommend you choose UE Boom 2 since this will deliver better performance.
Both Bluetooth speakers are durable as they are integrated with IPX7 rated. This means these are waterproof, plus you can play music underwater up to 1 meter. But remember, it is recommended to play music for only 30 minutes underwater.
Nevertheless, the UE Boom 2 is also a shockproof device, but its competitor is not. If your Boom 2 drops, you don’t need to worry about its durability.
However, when it comes to warranty, the UE Boom 2 gives you two years warranty besides JBL Flip 4 combined for one year. So, within this period, you will get free repairing service against any manufacturer defects.
UE Boom 2 is slightly compact compared to the JBL Flip 4. It measures 2.5 x 2.5 x 7 inches whereas JBL Flip 4 dimensions are 2.76 x 6.89 x 2.68 inches. On the other hand, the weight of Boom 2 is 1.20 lbs, and Flip 4 is 1.14 pounds.
If you are concerned about sleek design rather than sound quality, then UE Boom 2 would be the best way to go. But if you want a lightweight one, then JBL could be your best pick.
Another convenient thing about these speakers is that you can use them. So when you get a call, simply pick it with the touch of a button of the speaker. In addition, both deliver crystal clear sound since the devices have noise and echo canceling features.
JBL Flip 4 and UE Boom 2 deliver rich sound every time you play music. Both are worth your investment, but we suggest the UE Boom 2 since it has slightly better functions, as you can see. And if you have budget issues, then grab the JBL Flip 4, this also produces immersive sound.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Flip 4 and UE Boom 2
Does UE Boom 2 have speakerphone capability?
Yes, the device works great as a speakerphone.
Will UE Boom 2 shut off automatically?
Yes, when the speaker is not in use, this will shut off itself automatically.
Can I control the volume of JBL Flip 4 from my smartphone?
Yes, you can control the volume from your smartphone while it is integrated with the app. So, you can also change the settings via the JBL app.
What ports does JBL have?
This device has an aux audio port, including a micro-USB charging port.
Does UE Boom 2 play music underwater?
It is IPX7 rated waterproof, hence the speaker can play music underwater up to 1 meter.
Read related articles from the below links –
- JBL Flip 3 vs Flip 5
- UE Megaboom vs Megaboom 3
- Bose Soundlink Mini 1 vs 2
- Bose Revolve vs Revolve Plus
- Bose Soundbar 300 vs 500
- Marshall Acton vs Stanmore
I am working in the Kitchen Industry for the last five years, as well as with Baby Care items. My motive is to help readers find the best Kitchen essentials or whoever needs to purchase Baby Care Items.
I utilize my knowledge to help people get the best within their budget range.
I love trying different dishes so I have to purchase different kinds of crockeries. So, I am pretty sure I can provide you with the information on what you should look for when purchasing any Kitchen Essentials.
Before going to the market, ask yourself a few questions to make your purchasing process easier.
- How often do you need to cook?
- Do you have a large family or a small one?
- Your budget.
- Can you compare products?
And when you want to purchase any Baby Items, then ask yourself -
- How old is your baby?
- The material.
- Your budget.
You can check out some of my writings on Kitchen Items and Baby Care as well. I describe the features in detail for your convenience.
Follow or ask me anything about Kitchen or Baby Items on social media.
- Sony2022.06.01Sony a7 vs a7r – Learn Why Sony a7 is Better than a7r!
- Coffee & Espresso Machine2022.05.30Breville Infuser vs Barista Express – Check & get the best one
- Baby Monitor2022.05.30Nanit vs Nanit Plus – Check what make Nanit Plus Best Monitor!
- Cookware2022.05.30All Clad D5 vs Copper Core – Which cookware should be your pick?