JBL Flip 5 and the UE Boom 3 are packed with so many features, but between these two, We highly recommend UE Boom 3 for you.
Why We Recommend UE Boom 3?
- UE Boom 3 comes with a powerful battery of 15 hours backup with a full charge, whereas JBL Flip 5 will provide you only 12 hours of backup.
- This Bluetooth speaker is an IP67 rated waterproof & dustproof device, and there won’t be any issue under 1 meter of water for 30 minutes. On the contrary, its competitor is IPX7 rated which is not safe like Boom 3.
- You can pair UE Boom 3 with up to 150+ Boom or MegaBoom devices through the PartyUP feature to make your sound louder. In contrast, JBL Flip 5 can be paired with a maximum of 100 devices only.
- Boom 3 comes with a Power-Up dock system that helps to charge the speaker wirelessly. On the other hand, JBL Flip 5 doesn’t have this amazing wireless charging feature.
- It contains a Magic Button, so you can directly play, pause, skip and control streaming music with one touch on the speaker. But Flip 5 doesn’t include this incredible option.
I guess you are no more confused about why we suggest UE Boom 3. If you like those key features and wanna check the price then just click the button below.
Similarities between JBL Flip 5 & UE Boom 3
- Both have the premium build quality and are easy to carry. So, both are very durable and you can carry these devices anywhere.
- They have waterproof features, so your speakers are always safe no matter how bad the weather is!
- These speakers have very good sound quality with standard bass which makes the tone of music live and smooth.
- Their fast charging feature allows charging these devices within a very short time.
- There are multiple color variants available. Hence, you can choose your desired color according to your choice.
You are gonna get these similar functions with both speakers. If you want the best sound quality with advanced facilities then you have to choose UE Boom 3.
|Specifications||JBL Flip 5||UE Boom 3|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Connectivity Range||75 ft||150 ft|
|Battery Life||12 hours||15 hours|
|Updates via App||Yes||Yes|
|Color||Variants Available||Variants Available|
|Product Dimension||7.1 x 2.7 x 2.9 inches||2.9 x 2.9 x 7.25 inches|
|Item Weight||1.2 pounds||1.34 pounds|
|Waterproof||IPx7 rated||IP67 rated|
|Battery||1 Lithium Metal battery required (included)||1 Lithium-ion battery required (included)|
|Warranty||1-Year Warranty||2-Years Limited Warranty|
Differences & Similarities between JBL Flip 5 & UE Boom 3
The outlook of the Bluetooth speakers is quite different and identifiable. The Boom 3 has a large plus and minus button on one side and other buttons on the top portion, while the JBL Flip 5 has the buttons in a normal shape. Boom 3 doesn’t have any extra layers or design on the body, and it looks great. You can hang the Boom 3 anywhere with its bungee hanger, but the JBL Flip 5 doesn’t have any hanger. There is a magic button on top of the Boom 3 that will allow you to control your playlists with a single touch.
This is the only section where the Boom 3 will provide you less than the JBL Flip 5. The Flip 5 comes in a range of 14 color options, while the Boom 3 comes in seven. Though the Boom 3 has fewer color options, there are still some premium variants to choose from. The Camo color of the Flip 5 and the Jungle Gray of the Boom 3 are two of the most unique color variants.
You will love the speakers’ sounds as there was no compromise to provide you the best. The Boom 3 has an impressive 360-degree sound delivery feature that will give you the same sound from any angle. You will have a loud and crisp sound on the Boom 3 without any doubt. The JBL Flip 5 is also good at this section and comes with a premium sound quality.
The devices come with very decent bass output. The Boom 3 will enhance your party mood a thousand times with its super bass quality. There won’t be any lack of quality in sounds for a higher bass. The sound will stay clear and natural in any level of bass. JBL Flip 5 also has very good bass quality, but the overall winner will be the Boom 3.
One of the major elements of a Bluetooth speaker is the battery. You need a decent battery backup to use the speakers for outside purposes. Both of the speakers have excellent battery backup. The speakers come with Lithium-ion & Metal batteries. The JBL Flip 5 will provide you 12 hours of battery backup, while the UE Boom 3 has a powerful battery with 15 hours of backup. UE Boom 3 will obviously be the better choice if you are concerned about the battery backup.
As these are Bluetooth speakers, you may require to use them at a party. When you have the Boom 3 in your hand, just don’t worry about the surroundings. This speaker is waterproof with an IP67 rated. There won’t be any problem with dust or water. So are ready to go to any poolside or outdoor parties with this speaker. The JBL Flip 5 is an IPx7 rated waterproof speaker.
Connect with Multiple Device
While at a party, if you want to pair with other devices for a big sound experience, the Ultimate Ears Boom 3 will allow you to do so. This device has the feature to connect it with up to 150 devices. Through the PartyUp feature, you are allowed to pair this device with other Boom or MegaBoom devices. You can pair the other one with a maximum of 100 JBL PartyBoost compatible devices. The JBL PartBoost feature will allow you to pair with other devices to have the best and big sound experience.
Durability & Warranty
The speakers’ build quality is so premium that there should not be any doubt about the durability of the devices. These speakers are perfect for any party or outside purposes. Specially, The Boom 3 is more durable for its IP67 rated waterproof design. You will have 2 years of warranty for the Boom 3 and 1 years for the Flip 5.
Boom 3 and Flip 5 are two amazing speakers, no doubt about that. But obviously, you want the better one on your bucket list. Boom 3 will give you a better battery backup with a more durable design. This is giving you better features and won’t cost you more than the JBL Flip5.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Flip 5 & UE Boom 3
|Can I answer calls on Flip 5?|
No, there is no mic in the speakers to answer calls.
Does it take too long to charge the battery?
They are pretty fast. Doesn’t take more than 2 hours.
Does it float in the water?
Yes, they are waterproof and will float in the water.
Can I pair the Boom 3 with other speakers?
Sure. This one can be paired with Boom & MegaBoom devices.
Is there a carrying case with the JBL Flip 5?
No. But there is a bungee hanger on the UE Boom 3.
Read more speaker comparisons here.