JBL Flip 5 and the UE Boom 3 are packed with impressive sound to add a vibe to your party. If you want to choose the best one, then I suggest you go through the differences section. Let’s dive in.
What Are the Differences Between JBL Flip 5 vs UE Boom 3?
|JBL Flip 5||UE Boom 3|
|Flip 5 provides 12 hours of backup.||Boom 3 delivers up to 15 hours of battery backup.|
|This device doesn’t have wireless charging feature.||This device has wireless charging feature.|
|This speaker can be connected up to 75 ft.||This speaker can be connected up to 150ft.|
|It is IPX7 rated.||It is IP67 rated.|
|This device can be paired up with 100 devices.||This device can be paired up with more than 150 devices.|
|It has no magic button.||It has a Magic Button function.|
|Check Flip 5 Price at Amazon||Check Boom 3 Price at Amazon|
Why Do I Recommend the UE Boom 3?
- UE Boom 3 comes with a powerful battery of 15 hours of backup with a full charge, whereas JBL Flip 5 will provide you only 12 hours of backup.
- This Bluetooth speaker is an IP67-rated waterproof & dustproof device, and there won’t be any issue under 1 meter of water for 30 minutes. On the contrary, its competitor is IPX7 rated, which is not safe like Boom 3.
- You can pair UE Boom 3 with up to 150+ Boom or MegaBoom devices through the PartyUP feature to make your sound louder. In contrast, JBL Flip 5 can be paired with a maximum of 100 devices only.
- Boom 3 comes with a Power-Up dock system that helps to charge the speaker wirelessly. On the other hand, JBL Flip 5 doesn’t have this fantastic wireless charging feature.
- It contains a Magic Button, so you can directly play, pause, skip and control streaming music with one touch on the speaker. But Flip 5 doesn’t include this incredible option.
You are no longer confused about why we suggest UE Boom 3. If you like those key features and want to go with Boom 3, you can go with your preference without thinking much.
- JBL Flip 5 and UE Boom 3 have the premium build quality, making them durable and effortless to carry anywhere you go.
- They have standard waterproof features, so your speakers are always safe no matter how bad the weather is!
- These speakers have excellent sound quality with standard bass, making the music’s tone live and smooth.
- There are multiple color variants available. Hence, you can choose your desired color according to your choice.
- Their fast charging feature allows charging these devices within a very short time.
You are gonna get these similar functions with both speakers. If you want the best sound quality with advanced facilities, then you have to choose UE Boom 3.
Other Specifications Chart of JBL Flip 5 vs UE Boom 3
|Specifications||JBL Flip 5||UE Boom 3|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Updates via App||Yes||Yes|
|Color||Variants Available||Variants Available|
|Product Dimension||7.1 x 2.7 x 2.9 inches||2.9 x 2.9 x 7.25 inches|
|Item Weight||1.2 pounds||1.34 pounds|
|Battery||1 Lithium Metal battery required (included)||1 Lithium-ion battery is required (included)|
|Warranty||1-Year Warranty||2-Years Limited Warranty|
Features and Benefits of JBL Flip 5 and UE Boom 3
The outlook of the Bluetooth speakers is quite different and identifiable. The Boom 3 has a large plus and minus button on one side and other buttons on the top portion, while the JBL Flip 5 has buttons in a normal shape.
Boom 3 doesn’t have any extra layers or design on the body, and it looks great. You can hang the Boom 3 anywhere with its bungee hanger, but the JBL Flip 5 doesn’t have any hanger.
A magic button on top of the Boom 3 will allow you to control your playlists with a single touch.
This is the only section where the Boom 3 will provide you less than the JBL Flip 5. The Flip 5 comes in a range of 14 color options, while the Boom 3 comes in seven.
Though the Boom 3 has fewer color options, there are still some premium variants to choose from. The Camo color of the Flip 5 and the Jungle Gray of the Boom 3 are two of the most unique color variants.
You will love the speakers’ sounds as there was no compromise to provide you with the best. The Boom 3 has an impressive 360-degree sound delivery feature that will give you the same sound from any angle.
You will have a loud and crisp sound on the Boom 3 without any doubt. The JBL Flip 5 is also good at this section and comes with a premium sound quality.
The devices come with very decent bass output. The Boom 3 will enhance your party mood a thousand times with its super bass quality. There won’t be any lack of quality in sounds for a higher bass.
The sound will stay clear and natural in any level of bass. JBL Flip 5 has very good bass quality, but the overall winner will be the Boom 3.
One of the major elements of a Bluetooth speaker is the battery. You need a decent battery backup to use the speakers for outside purposes. Both of the speakers have excellent battery backup.
The speakers come with Lithium-ion & Metal batteries. The JBL Flip 5 will provide 12 hours of battery backup, while the UE Boom 3 has a powerful battery with 15 hours of backup.
UE Boom 3 will obviously be the better choice if you are concerned about the battery backup.
As these are Bluetooth speakers, you may require to use them at a party. Don’t worry about the surroundings when you have the Boom 3 in your hand.
This speaker is waterproof with an IP67 rate. There won’t be any problem with dust or water. So are ready to go to any poolside or outdoor parties with this speaker. The JBL Flip 5 is an IPx7-rated waterproof speaker.
Connect with Multiple Device
While at a party, if you want to pair with other devices for a big sound experience, the Ultimate Ears Boom 3 will allow you to do so. This device has the feature to connect it with up to 150 devices.
Through the PartyUp feature, you are allowed to pair this device with other Boom or MegaBoom devices. You can pair the other one with a maximum of 100 JBL PartyBoost compatible devices.
The JBL PartBoost feature will allow you to pair with other devices to have the best and big sound experience.
Durability & Warranty
The speakers’ build quality is so premium that there should not be any doubt about the durability of the devices. These speakers are perfect for any party or outside purposes. Specially,
The Boom 3 is more durable for its IP67-rated waterproof design. You will have 2 years of warranty for Boom 3 and 1 year for Flip 5.
Boom 3 and Flip 5 are two amazing speakers, no doubt about that. But obviously, you want the better one on your bucket list. Boom 3 will give you a better battery backup with a more durable design. This gives you better features and won’t cost you more than the JBL Flip5.
FAQ of JBL Flip 5 vs UE Boom 3
|Can I answer calls on Flip 5?
No, there is no mic in the speakers to answer calls.
Does it take too long to charge the battery?
They are pretty fast. Doesn’t take more than 2 hours.
Does it float in the water?
Yes, they are waterproof and will float in the water.
Can I pair the Boom 3 with other speakers?
Sure. This one can be paired with Boom & MegaBoom devices.
Is there a carrying case with the JBL Flip 5?
No. But there is a bungee hanger on the UE Boom 3.
Read more speaker comparisons here.
- Ultimate Ears Boom 2 vs Boom 3
- UE Boom 3 vs Megaboom 3
- Wonderboom vs Wonderboom 2
- JBL Charge 4 vs Flip 5
- JBL Charge 3 vs Charge 4
- JBL Clip 3 vs Bose Soundlink Micro
- Jahidul Islam is mostly an expert in computer accessories and smartwatches. He is dedicated to helping people to choose accessories from different items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.31JBL Xtreme 2 vs Sony XB43 – Check Why Sony XB43 is Best?
- Gaming Headphone2022.08.31Hifiman Sundara vs HD650 – Which headphone performs better?
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.31Wonderboom 2 vs Boom 3 – What makes Boom 3 a Better Choice?
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.30JBL Xtreme 2 vs UE Megaboom 3 – Which one is Best?