If you are confused about choosing the better speaker between JBL Xtreme 2 and Charge 4 then you can choose JBL Charge 4 as some improved features made it the best.
Which Features Made JBL Charge 4 Best?
- JBL Charge 4 comes with 20 hours of battery life, so you don’t need to stop anywhere for the charge. On the contrary, Xtreme 2 will provide only 15 hours of battery backup.
- This Bluetooth speaker is more lightweight than the other one. Thus, you will be able to carry this speaker with comfort from one place to another.
- It has a USB Type-C port as most of the recent devices come with this feature, so you will get more flexibility while using this one.
- There are 12 color variants available for the JBL Charge 4, while the other one – JBL Xtreme 2, has only a black variant.
- Even, Charge 4 costs much less than Xtreme 2. So, you are getting all those advanced facilities at a very cheaper price.
These are the key characteristics that made JBL Charge 4 a winner in this race. All those reasons convince me to recommend this speaker to you.
Similarities between JBL Xtreme 2 & Charge 4
- They are IPx7 rated waterproof devices that allow you to take them to the beach or the pool without worrying about water.
- Both are covered with rugged fabric material that makes them long-lasting even in extreme adventures.
- The devices deliver better sound and bass than the usual devices. As a result, your party will be more enjoyable.
- They have a JBL bass radiator that delivers powerful and ear-catching JBL sound that resonates loud and clear.
If you are satisfied with these similar facilities then you can choose any of these Bluetooth speakers. But if you want the best sound quality with advanced features then you should go with JBL Charge 4.
|Specifications||JBL Xtreme 2||JBL Charge 4|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Color||Black/Green||12 Variants Available|
|Product Dimension||7.9 x 12.1 x 18.1 pounds||3.5 x 8.5 x 3.4 pounds|
|Product Weight||5.27 pounds||3.3 pounds|
|Waterproof||IPx7 rated||IPx7 rated|
|Battery||1 CR2 Battery required (included)||1 Lithium Polymer Battery required (included)|
|Battery-Life||15 Hours||20 Hours|
|JBL Bass Radiator||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||1-Year of Limited Warranty||1-Year of Limited Warranty|
Detailed Features of JBL Xtreme 2 & Charge 4
The JBL Xtreme 2 has two aluminum hooks on the top and has a larger shape than the Charge 3, while the outlook is quite similar. The hooks are given to carry the speaker easily with a belt.
The speakers are built with premium quality fabrics that enhance the durability of the devices. The bottom surface of the speakers is designed well to give the devices a regular fit. The buttons & the controls are placed on the top of the speakers.
You will get a very decent battery backup from both of the speakers. The powerful rechargeable batteries will give you a long session without any break.
JBL Charge 4 comes with a strong 7500mAh battery that will support you for up to 20 hours without any pause. On the other hand, the JBL Xtreme 2 will back you up for 15 hours with a single charge. The speakers can charge your devices that will be very useful during the outside party.
Sound & Bass
JBL Xtreme 2 will deliver you a powerful ear-catching sound. The JBL Bass Radiator of this speaker will provide you a super bass quality sound without any distortion. The other one, Charge 4, will also do the same for you.
You will surely be satisfied with the sound quality. The 360-degree sound will give you the best musical adventure you ever had. The Charge 4 also features dual passive JBL bass radiators.
Variants & Waterproof
The JBL Xtreme 2 doesn’t have any color variants. There is only a black variant available for this model. On the other hand, JBL Charge 4 has a variety of colors available. There are a total of 12 color variants available for this speaker, including two camouflage variants.
The speakers are IPx7 rated waterproof devices & there is no problem playing them in any pool or beachside parties. They are completely water & dustproof, so no worry even for submersion in water.
During a party or occasion, the Connect+ feature can be used to not get enough loud sound. This Connect+ option is available on both the JBL Charge 4 and the JBL Xtreme 2, as well as a dedicated button. You’ll be able to connect with up to 100 Connect+ powered speakers using this feature. Paring with such an amount of Bluetooth speakers will surely give you a blast of sound and bass.
Durability & Warranty
No doubt that JBL has produced the best sound devices in the past years. These two are also packed with so many features and come with premium build quality. The IPx7 rating and the durable fabric material made them durable in any condition. The manufacturer, JBL, offers One year of limited warranty for the speakers.
JBL Xtreme 2 and the Charge 4 are two excellent speakers that can be played for any party or home purposes. Charge 4 is very lightweight and has a 20 hours battery backup that made this one super flexible to use. The JBL Xtreme 2 can also be an option if you are looking for solid bass.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Xtreme 2 & Charge 4
|Is there any bass radiator on the JBL Xtreme 2?|
Sure. The bass radiator will give you super bass with a crisp sound.
How is the bass in a high volume of the devices?
It’s excellent, and there’s no distortion or echo at any level.
Can I pair with multiple speakers?
Sure. They can be paired with 100+ speakers.
Will it float in the water?
Yes. They are designed to float in the water with an IPx7 rating.
Are they suitable for open spaces or parties?
Yes, they are. The Connect+ feature made them perfect for any space.
Check out more speaker-related comparisons from the below links.