JBL Xtreme 2 and Sony XB43 are two great Bluetooth speakers. Both are amazing but I highly recommend Sony XB43 as it comes with a few advanced features that made it the best.
Why I Recommend Sony XB43?
- Sony XB43 comes with a speakerphone function that offers a convenient way to talk hands-free, no matter it’s a conference call for work or a chat with friends. But Xtreme 2 doesn’t include this feature.
- Its X-Balanced Speaker Unit enhances sound quality with extra bass and line lights. In contrast, its competitor missing this function.
- The powerful battery of the Sony XB43 will back you up for up to 20 hours, whereas the JBL Xtreme comes with 15 hours of battery backup.
- Sony XB43 comes with an IP67 rating, while Xtreme 2 is IPx7 rated waterproof device. IP67 is better than IPx7 because it’s completely waterproof & can be used in dirty places too.
- This Bluetooth speaker comes with 9 different color variants and looks very premium. On the other hand, JBL Xtreme 2 has only a black variant.
- The Sony XB43 comes with a lighting effect that will enhance your party while its competitor doesn’t have any lighting effect.
Both are great speakers, and there is no doubt about that, but Sony XB43 will surely be the device that will enhance your musical session multiple times.
- Both the speakers come with a standard waterproof rating. So, no need to worry about water or spills.
- They can be paired with multiple speakers that let you connect several devices at a time.
- They come with a rechargeable battery and can be used as a power bank.
- They are covered with high-quality fabric materials that made them much durable.
Quick Comparison: JBL Xtreme 2 vs Sony XB43
|Specifications||JBL Xtreme 2||Sony XB43|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Color||Black||9 Variants Available|
|Product Dimension||7.9 x 12.1 x 18.1 inches||14.33 x 5.98 x 7.8 inches|
|Product Weight||5.27 pounds||6.5 pounds|
|Battery||1 CR2 Battery (installed)||1 Lithium-ion Battery (installed)|
|Battery Life||15 Hours||24 Hours|
|Waterproof||IPx7 rated||IP67 rated|
|Pair Speakers||Yes (Connect+)||Yes|
|Live Sound Mode||No||Yes|
|Warranty||1-Year of Limited Warranty||2-Year of Warranty|
Comparison of features between JBL Xtreme 2 vs Sony XB43
The speakers come with a different physical design. JBL Xtreme 2 has the traditional JBL shape. There are two hooks on top of this speaker, and you will get an additional strap with a bottle opener. You can carry the speaker easily to any party or outdoor event.
The other device, Sony XB43, comes with a premium design and looks very premium. There are lighting effects included in this speaker that will surely give your environment a special vibe. The speakers can be played at any orientation because of their 360-degree design. The buttons are mounted on top of the speakers to make it easier to adjust and regulate them.
The speakers are installed with powerful batteries that will provide you a non-stop music session. Sony XB43 comes with a 24 hours battery backup so that you can party as long as you want. The other one, JBL Xtreme 2 comes with 15 hours of playtime. You can even charge your electronic devices through the speakers.
As these are Bluetooth speakers, you may want to play them outside. Both the speakers come with a standard waterproof rating, so there is no problem with any water or splash contact.
Sony XB43 can be said as more durable than the other one because this one comes with an IP67 rating. This means this device is suitable for any pool or beach party. JBL Xtreme 2, on the other hand, is an IPx7 certified waterproof device, so no worries about water or spills.
Sound & Bass
No doubt that both the speakers come with monstrous sound and bass. The JBL Xtreme 2 features dual passive radiators that produce solid, ear-catching sound at any bass level.
The sounds will be clear, and no distortion at all. Sony XB43 comes with a deep, punchy sound and an extra bass. There is a live sound mode on this speaker that will bring your party to life with three dimensional sound experience.
You may want to pair your speakers with other speakers for a more powerful sound and bass. Both the speakers have a pairing option to get a monstrous sound. The Sony XB43 can be paired and synced with up to 100 speakers. JBL Xtreme 2 also has this feature that is known as Connect+. This feature will allow you to pair your Xtreme 2 with 100 Connect+ enabled speakers.
You are required to download and use the dedicated app to get some work done. To avail of Connect+, you should use the app. You will be able to modify the EQ by using the app. You can adjust the lighting and use motion control gestures on your smartphone screen with the Sony app. You can even control the party by selecting your favorite music by using the Sony Music Center app.
Durability & Warranty
The speakers are the best when it comes to the build quality. There was no compromise on using the best materials for the devices. They are covered with premium rugged fabric material that will protect your devices from any drop or extreme usage. Sony provides a 2-year warranty for the XB43, while JBL offers a 1-year of limited warranty for the Xtreme 2.
I guess you are no more confused about choosing the best products between them. They are packed with numerous features and will surely give you an amazing music session. Sony XB43 is the recommended one because of its durable waterproof rating and the unique features mentioned above. You may consider the JBL Xtreme 2 if you are looking for a home entertainment speaker.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Xtreme 2 vs Sony XB43
|Does the Sony XB43 create an echo of sound?|
No, not at all. The sounds are very clear and natural.
Can I turn the light completely off?
Yes. You can use the app to perform this task.
Can I pair two JBL Xtreme 2 together?
Yes, you can. By using Connect+, you can pair them.
Can I charge my cellphone through the speakers?
Sure. You can charge any electronic devices through the speakers.
Check here to learn more comparison articles.