Why is UE Megaboom 3 the Winner?
- You will get 20 hours of music playtime on this Bluetooth speaker, whereas the JBL Xtreme 2 will last only 15 hours with a single charge.
- UE Megaboom is an IP67 rated waterproof device. Thus there is no problem with any water or dust contact. The other one is an IPx7 rated waterproof device.
- There is a magic button on this device that will allow you to control the speaker in a single touch. There are no such buttons included on its competitor.
- If you place the UE Megaboom 3 vertically, you will get a 360-degree sound. JBL Xtreme 2 needs to be placed horizontally so you will miss sound from the two edges.
- UE Megaboom 3 can be paired with 150+ Boom/Megaboom speakers. Pairing with such a large amount of devices will surely give you a blast. JBL Xtreme 2 can be paired with 100 Connect+ enabled speakers.
- The device is available in five different color variants, including a Jungle Grey variant, while the JBL Xtreme 2 has only a black variant.
I guess you are no more confused about why UE Megaboom 3 is the more preferable. This device will surely make your musical session better than any other device.
Similar features between JBL Xtreme 2 vs UE Megaboom 3
- The devices come with a standard waterproof rating.
- You can pair the devices with 100+ speakers.
- They are covered with high-quality fabrics.
- They come with a hanger/strap to carry.
- The bass quality is very premium than the traditional devices.
|Specifications||JBL Xtreme 2||UE Megaboom 3|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Color||Black||5 Variants Available|
|Product Dimension||7.9 x 12.1 x 18.1 inches||3.2 x 3.2 x 8.75 inches|
|Product Weight||5.27 pounds||2 pounds|
|Pair Speakers||100 Connect+ speakers||150+ Boom/Megaboom|
|Wireless Charging Dock||No||Yes|
|Battery||1 CR2 Battery (installed)||1 Lithium-ion Battery (installed)|
|Battery Life||15 Hours||20 Hours|
|Waterproof||IPx7 rated||IP67 rated|
|Warranty||1-Year of Limited Warranty||2-Year of Warranty Warranty|
Difference and Similarities of JBL Xtreme 2 vs UE Megaboom 3
The speakers need to be connected with Bluetooth. UE Megaboom 3 comes with a Bluetooth range of 150-ft. JBL Xtreme 2 comes with the latest Bluetooth version 4.2 and can be accessed from a distance of 100-120-ft. You can even control the speakers through the app available for specific devices. While pairing the speakers with other devices, you are required to use the app.
The speakers come with a premium outlook, and they are covered with high-quality fabric material that will protect them from any drop or extreme usage. There are two hooks on top of the JBL Xtreme 2 so that you can use a strap to carry them outside. A bottle opener is included on the strap for your party purposes. UE Megaboom has a simple yet stunning design. Two large volume buttons are included on the body, while other controls are placed on top of the speaker. For carrying purposes, there is a bungee hanger on the top of this device.
Bluetooth speakers always require powerful batteries as sometimes they are played on an outdoor event. The battery life of both speakers will meet your expectations. UE Megaboom 3 comes with 20 hours of non-stop playtime, while JBL Xtreme 2 will provide you 15 hours with a single charge. You will be able to charge your UE Megaboom 3 wirelessly with a dock station.
During a party, one speaker may not provide you a decent sound or bass. You will be able to enhance sounds by pairing your speaker with other similar speakers. UE Megaboom 3 has a feature called PartyUp. This feature will allow you to connect and sync your device with more than 150+ Boom/Megaboom. On the other hand, The JBL Xtreme 2 can be paired with only 100 Connect+ enabled speakers.
Sound & Bass
The speakers come with a decent sound and bass. The 360-design made them more preferable for any purpose. JBL Xtreme 2 will provide you a crisp sound with solid bass. The dual passive radiators will ensure that you are getting an ear-catching sound. The other one, UE Megaboom 3 will deliver you a powerful sound with thundering bass. You can receive phone calls directly from your speakers as they have a built-in microphone.
The waterproof rating is one of the significant factors that we consider while buying a Bluetooth speaker. To get a non-stop music session in any environment, these speakers will be a perfect choice for you. UE Megaboom 3 is an IP67 rated waterproof device, and an IP67 rating means there is no problem with any dust or water contact. On the other hand, JBL Xtreme 2 is an IPx7 rated device. IP67 is more durable than the IPx7, so no worries if you have the UE Megaboom 3 in your hand.
Durability & Warranty
The speakers come with high-quality fabric materials, and this made them more durable than the usual devices. There is no problem using them in any pool or beachside parties. JBL offers a 1-year warranty for the devices, while Ultimate Ears provide 2-year for the speakers.
I guess you are no more confused about why UE Megaboom 3 is stated as the better one between them; You won’t find any lack of sound or quality while listening to this device. UE Megaboom 3 is made for entertainment. My final recommendation between these two devices would be UE Megaboom 3 without a second thought. You can consider the JBL Xtreme 2 if you want a device with a bass radiator.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Xtreme 2 vs UE Megaboom 3
|What is the Battery power of the Xtreme 2?|
JBL Xtreme 2 comes with a 5000mAh battery.
How much time do they take to get fully charged?
The devices take around 3-3.5 hours to get fully charged.
How much does the Megaboom 3 weigh?
The Megaboom 3 weighs around 925g.
What is the purpose of the magic button?
The Magic button is designed to control your playlist.
Do they feature wireless chagrin?
The UE Megaboom 3 can be charged wirelessly with a dock.
You can read related articles here.