When it is about choosing the best Bluetooth speaker between JBL Xtreme & Charge 4, I would say JBL Charge 4 will be the better option because of its advanced features.
Which Features Made JBL Charge 4 Better?
- JBL Charge 4 has a strong battery that lasts 20 hours, while the JBL Xtreme only lasts 15 hours on a single charge.
- This Bluetooth speaker is compatible pair with over 100 Connect+ powered speakers. But the other one has Connect feature that may not be available nearby as this one is an older pair option.
- This device has a total of 12 color options. On the other hand, its competitor has only 4 color variants.
- You will get a better bass output on this speaker as there is a JBL bass radiator on this device. JBL Xtreme doesn’t have this handy feature.
- JBL Charge 4 comes with an IPx7 waterproof rating that allows you to carry it to the beach or pool. On the contrary, JBL Xtreme doesn’t have any standard waterproof rating feature included.
You won’t regret choosing this one over the other one. JBL Charge 4 will surely enhance your entertainment way more than the alternate.
Similarities between JBL Xtreme vs Charge 4
- They can be paired with multiple speakers that provide enjoyment to many people at a time.
- The speakers have numerous color variants that allow you to choose a color according to your personality.
- Both weigh less than the usual devices. As a result, you can carry them comfortably.
- The devices are splashproof. So, there will be no issues if they come in touch with water.
- These speakers are covered with rugged fabric materials that made them much durable even in extreme adventures.
You will get these similar functions with both Bluetooth speakers. But if you want the best sound quality with some advanced functions then you should go with JBL Charge 4.
|Specifications||JBL Xtreme||JBL Charge 4|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Color||Black/Blue/Red/Camo||12 Variants Available|
|Product Dimension||12.5 x 8 x 7.5 inches||3.5 x 8.5 x 3.4 inches|
|Product Weight||4.65 pounds||3.3 pounds|
|Battery||2 Lithium Polymer Battery (included)||1 Lithium Polymer Battery (included)|
|Battery Life||15 Hours||20 Hours|
|Pair Speakers||Yes (Connect)||100 Speaker (Connect+)|
|Warranty||1-Year of Limited Warranty||1-Year of Limited Warranty|
Difference and Similarities of features of JBL Xtreme vs Charge 4
JBL Xtreme comes with a cylindrical design, whereas the JBL Charge 4 has a similar design with a wider middle portion. Both the speakers look great as they are covered with premium fabric material. The flat surface on the bottom will keep them steady at any bass level.
There is a JBL brand logo on the body of the speakers. The buttons are placed well, and they are easily accessible. The inputs of the speakers are placed on the bottom portion of the body.
The speakers come with a powerful battery hence they are suitable for any occasion and outdoor purposes. The JBL Xtreme comes with a battery that will back you up for 15 hours.
The JBL Charge 4, on the other hand, has a more robust battery that can last up to 20 hours. It will be wise to go for Charge 4 if you use the speaker for any party or camp. You will get the advantage of charging your smartphone or other electronics using the speaker’s batteries.
Sound & Bass
There shouldn’t be any doubt about the sound quality of the speakers. JBL is one of the top sound device manufacturers. The speakers will provide you a crystal clear sound without any distortion. You will get the same natural sound at any bass level. The bass of the JBL Charge 4 will be better than the other one as the Charge 4 features a JBL bass radiator for strong ear-catching bass.
Waterproof & Variants
The speakers are designed to outlast any spills or rain. The IPx7 rating of the JBL Charge 4 will save you from any water or splash contact. You are ready to go for any beach or poolside party as this speaker is completely waterproof. The other device, JBL Xtreme, is a splashproof device but doesn’t have any standard rating.
The speakers are available in various colors, allowing you to choose the one that best suits your needs. JBL Xtreme has variants of Black, Blue, Red & Camouflage color. The JBL Charge 4 also comes in a variety of colors. This one comes in a total of 12 color combinations, including two camouflage options.
Mic & Connect+
The JBL Charge 4’s Connect+ feature allows you to pair your speaker with up to 100 other Connect+ speakers. This will give you a powerful output of sound and bass. This feature will be effective during an outside party.
The JBL Xtreme has a JBL Connect feature which is quite backdated. You may not get enough compatible devices around to pair with. To get a powerful stereo sound, you may connect the speakers with three smartphones at a time.
The speakers have a built-in microphone so that you can answer calls through the devices. The noise-canceling mic of the devices will give you the freedom to accept calls during a play.
Durability & Warranty
The speakers will surely give you a long-time service as they are built with top-notch materials. They are covered with rugged fabric that will protect them from any drop or extreme usage. They are splash proof so no worry during rain or any spills. You will be availed of a 1-year of warranty for the devices from the manufacturer, JBL.
Both JBL speakers come with premium sound & build quality. They are loaded with so many features that it was tough to pick the better one. JBL Charge 4 will allow you to use it anywhere, thus making this the winner in this comparison. JBL Xtreme can be an option for you if you are not considering the battery that much.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Xtreme vs Charge 4
|Do they have any camouflage variants?
Sure. Both of them have camouflage and other color options.
What’s the type of batteries?
They both have Lithium Polymer batteries included.
Is it possible to pair them with other speakers?
Sure. The Charge 4 has Connect+, and the Xtreme has Connect feature to pair.
Do they distort at full volume?
No, not at all. You are assured of the exact sound at any bass level.
What is the Bluetooth version on the Xtreme?
The Xtreme comes with the 4.1 Bluetooth version.
Check out more speaker-related comparisons here.
- JBL Boombox vs Xtreme 2
- JBL Xtreme 2 vs Charge 4
- Bose Soundbar 500 vs 700
- JBL Xtreme vs Xtreme 2
- Jabra 510 vs 710
- Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 4 vs 5
- JBL Boombox vs PartyBox
- JBL Flip 5 vs Charge 3
- Jahidul Islam is mostly an expert in computer accessories and smartwatches. He is dedicated to helping people to choose accessories from different items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Shoe2022.05.20Air Max 95 vs 97 – Check Why We Recommend Air Max 95!
- Computer Accessories2022.05.19Logitech K350 vs MK550 – Check why should you pick MK550 Combo!
- Smart TV2022.05.18Apple Watch vs Samsung Watch – Which is the best smartwatch?
- Computer Accessories2022.05.18Logitech MK235 vs MK270 – Check Why Logitech MK270 is Better!