Keurig Supreme and Supreme Plus will be great brewers if you start your day with a strong coffee. But we recommend you pick Keurig Supreme Plus because it has superior features.
Why We Recommend Keurig Supreme Plus?
- The Supreme Plus combines with a programmable favorite to save individual brewing preferences for 3 users. Besides, Keurig Supreme doesn’t offer this function.
- This coffee maker has a 78 oz removable water tank reservoir, whereas the Keurig Supreme combines with a 66 oz tank capacity. However, this lets you brew 9 cups before refilling, which saves you time.
- The Supreme Plus weighs only 1 pound. Thus you can easily carry this to any part of the kitchen. In contrast, its brother has 7.68 slightly bulky pounds. It has five brewing sizes, such as – 4, 6, 8, 10, or 12 oz. Cup. While its competitor has four cups which are 6, 8, 10, or 12 oz. So, you can enjoy the cup you want.
- Compared to the Keurig Supreme, the Supreme Plus is effortless to use since it has a simple digital interface that shows you the strength and temperature of the coffee while brewing.
Keurig Supreme Plus combines these quality features so that you effortlessly enjoy your favorite coffee. Therefore, you can pick this coffee maker for your countertop.
- Keurig Supreme and Supreme Plus are built with stainless steel material to ensure durability. Also, offer a one-year limited warranty.
- These coffee makers have a maintenance alert that reminds you to descale the machine every 250 brews.
- Both feature multistream technology. Hence you get the full aroma & flavor in your cup.
- The Supreme and Supreme Plus have back-to-back brewing functions. So, it will brew coffee immediately, and you don’t need to wait to reheat the machine.
Keurig Supreme vs. Supreme Plus: Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Keurig Supreme||Keurig Supreme Plus|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Water Reservoir Capacity||66 oz||78 oz|
|Single Serve Coffee||6, 8, 10, 12 oz.||4, 6, 8, 10 & 12 oz.|
|Dimensions||14.84 x 10.12 x 14.41 inches||16.02 x 10.63 x 14.33 inches|
|Weight||7.68 pounds||1 pound|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Back to Back Brewing||Yes||Yes|
|Multi-Position Water Reservoir||Yes||N0|
|Warranty||One Year||One Year|
Differences and Similarities between Keurig Supreme and Supreme Plus
Easy to Use
Keurig Supreme and Keurig Supreme Plus machines are easier to use because they have a digital button interface. All you need to do is insert the K-cup pod and then press the button control. It will prepare a delicious cup of coffee. But the K-Supreme Plus will show you the strength and temperature level on the interface.
The K-Supreme Plus has a 78 oz water reservoir, while the K-Supreme has a 66 oz reservoir. Since the Supreme Plus has a larger water tank, you can go with this. In addition, this coffee maker can brew 9 cups of coffee before refilling the tank. Thus it saves time. Anyhow, these machines allow you to reposition the reservoir so that you get the optimal counter space.
These coffee makers have multistream technology, which extracts the full flavor and aroma to your cup. As a result, you will get multiple brew sizes in these machines. For example, the K-Supreme has four cups of 6, 8, 10, or 12 oz.
On the other side, the K-Supreme Plus has five cups for 4, 6, 8, 10, or 12 oz. Cup. Additionally, the Supreme Plus lets you save individual brewing preferences for 3 users. Unfortunately, you won’t find this on the K-Supreme.
Furthermore, these Supreme machines let you customize the cup for a strong coffee or brew the hot over ice coffee. So you will get a refreshing iced coffee.
Keurig brews coffee within a minute; also, they provide a back-to-back brewing feature. Thus, you don’t need to wait to reheat the machine. Instead, the coffee maker will let you brew coffee in seconds.
Both coffee makers are straightforward to use as they are built with a maintenance alert. Thus, you don’t need to descale the machine manually. Instead, this will alert you after 250 brews to descale the machine and clean it.
Weight and Size
You should consider the size and weight of the coffee machine before purchasing. Compared to the K-Supreme, the K-Supreme Plus is lightweight. It weighs only 1 pound while the K-Supreme is 7.68 pounds.
But when it comes to size, the K-Supreme has a more compact body than the Supreme Plus. It measures 14.84 x 10.12 x 14.41 inches. Besides, the Supreme Plus is 16.02 x 10.63 x 14.33 inches. However, these two will fit on any small countertop.
Anyhow, we suggest you pick the K-Supreme Plus as it is lightweight and combines with better features.
Keurig is built with rigid stainless steel material so that you can use the machine for years to come. Moreover, they are equipped with a limited one-year warranty. It provides any manufacturer defects on the coffee machines. And you can claim the contract if you cannot use it properly. However, keep in mind – you won’t get a free repair service if you damage any parts.
These Keurig coffee machines are well built plus provide you the best coffee than any traditional coffee maker. But you can go with the Keurig Supreme Plus since it has some upgraded features.
The Supreme Plus offers you a larger water tank, digital interface, individual users, lightweight. It is easier to use than its brother. If you are a serious coffee lover, then Supreme Plus is the best way to go.
And if you have a tight budget, then go with the Keurig Supreme!
Frequently Asked Questions about Keurig Supreme and Supreme Plus
|Do they have any filter change indicator?|
No, the Keurig Supreme and Supreme Plus machine doesn’t have any water filter changing indicator. But they have a maintenance alerts feature.
How to save the individual program?
Once you choose the strength, brew settings, temperature – press & hold on to the user profile buttons to save the settings.
Can I use 3rd party K-cups?
Usually, the Keurig brand recommends using only the Keurig brand’s cup since it meets the coffee’s quality, taste, and safety.
Are they tough to clean?
These Keurig machines are very straightforward to clean as they provide a maintenance alert. And you can descale the device every 3-6 months to clean it.
Can I adjust the temperature on the Keurig Supreme?
No, the K-Supreme is built with a preset brew temperature so that you get the optimized taste.
You can also read some other comparisons here: