Why should you choose the KitchenAid Professional?
- The machine has an electronic speed sensor, including an auto shut-off feature. Unfortunately, these are not available on the Artisan.
- KitchenAid Pro has a 6 qt bowl, while Artisan offers a 5 qt bowl. With the larger bowl, you can prepare a larger amount of recipes at the same time.
- It lets you prepare 13 dozen yields cookies, but Artisan offers only 9 dozens. Since you will get the largest capacity from this version, you can consider this mixer.
- The Pro is designed with the bowl-lifting feature, on the other side, the Artisan does not have this. It keeps the bowl in position efficiently; thus, you don’t need to stand with the mixer.
- KitchenAid Profession has a 575 watts motor power, besides, the Artisan is built with 325 watts motor. With its powerful motor, you can prepare your favorite recipe more quickly than its competitor.
- It provides a spiral-shaped burnished aluminum dough hook, while the Artisan has a c-shaped coated dough hook. The Pro can mix better than Artisan.
These convenient features made KitchenAid Pro stand mixer the best. If you love the machine, and also want to check its best price, just click the button below.
Similarities Between the Kitchenaid Artisan vs Professional
- The mixers come in more than 20 color varieties; it gives you huge options to choose from.
- You will get pasta making attachment and a meat shredding attachment in both mixers.
- KitchenAid Artisan and Professional is designed with a tilt-head, plus the bowl contains a handle so that you can handle and hold it conveniently.
- Both mixers provide you a one-year warranty from the date of purchase.
Comparison Chart: Kitchenaid Artisan vs Professional
|Specifications||KitchenAid Artisan||KitchenAid Professional|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Dimension||14.3 x 9.3 x 14 inches||9 x 7.25 x 17 inches|
|Weight||26 pounds||29 pounds|
|Bowl Capacity||5 qt||6 qt|
|Dough Hook||C-Shaped Coated||Spiral-Shaped Burnished Aluminium|
|Usage||9 Dozen||13 Dozen|
|Color||20 color||20 color|
Differences and Similarities of the Kitchenaid Artisan vs Professional
It’s the main difference between the Pro and Artisan, and the Pro is powerful. The Pro has a sturdy 575 motor, while the Artisan is equipped with a 375 motor. The Pro version’s extra power lets you prepare a large batch of recipes that Artisan cannot do properly. It uses a direct drive system that is usually efficient and stronger to provide as much power as possible to correctly mix your recipe. On the other hand, the Artisan doesn’t have this function; that’s why you’ll not get significant results.
The Pro is the best in terms of the bowl capacity because it has a 6 qt capacity while the Artisan has 5 qt. Both bowls are made of stainless steel and contain a handle so that the user can comfortably handle them. However, the 6 qt bowl allows you to mix 13 dozen dough for cookies, 8 pounds of mashed potatoes, or 8 loaves of bread in a single batch.
Besides, the 5 qt bowl lets you mix 7 pounds of mashed potatoes, 9 dozen cookie dough, or 4 loaves of bread in a single batch.
Easy to Assemble
Both mixers are very easy to assemble, and they are the same when it comes to assembling. Before starting to use the machine, ensure the speed control is turned off. Next, attach the bowl and other mixing equipment that you need. Once the assembling is done, pour the ingredients into the bowl and start the mixer. Here’s a tip for you, always start the machine slowly and then increase the speed level.
They have 10-speed settings that are powerful enough for preparing any recipes. Whether you want to whip, stir dry or wet ingredients, knead bread, or prepare cream or dough. The speed settings let you do everything perfectly.
KitchenAid Pro has the bowl-lift design that is missing in the Artisan. It offers sturdy support to the bowl for stability while mixing any heavy ingredients or preparing any large batch recipe. For efficient beater-to-bowl contact, the mixer’s lever efficiently raises the bowl to be in the position.
You can find both machines designed with tilt-head for convenience. You will get easy access to the bowl to add ingredients to the recipe. However, after adding the items into the bowl, make sure you lock the head into the place while the mixer is in operation. It will keep the beater to the bowl in contact very efficiently and close.
KitchenAid Artisan and Pro use zinc and stainless steel to make the mixer machine. So, you don’t need to worry about the machines, and you can expect them to last for many years to come.
Easy to Clean
The parts of these two mixers are dishwasher safe for convenience; it also provides quick cleaning. When you are done using the mixer, disassemble the attachments and throw them into the dishwasher. After cleaning, make sure you air dry the parts to store them.
You can easily prepare your favorite cake or cookies in these mixers. These are versatile mixers that allow you to grind any dry items. Plus, you can prepare pasta in them, as well as green juices, sandwich bread, pizza dough, biscuit, donut dough, and everything in between. Furthermore, they let you shred chicken or beef and other items as well.
Planetary Mixing Action
The KitchenAid Pro has better planetary mixing action; it has 67 touchpoints per rotation. On the other side, the Artisan uses 59 touchpoints, so compared to this, the Pro will give incredible coverage for the comprehensive mixing.
Both have a few handy attachments, and all of them are the same. You will get a dough hook, stainless steel wire whip, 1 pouring shield, and a flat attachment. Also, there is a user manual, and a recipe book is also available with them.
The mixers feature a year of warranty from the date of purchase; if needed, you can replace the machine with a new one. But KitchenAid mixers are made with the best quality material, so hopefully, there won’t be any machine issues.
Hopefully, you have already gotten the answer to which mixer you should go with. Yet I highly recommend the KitchenAid Professional for your home because this is just perfect for anything you want to prepare. You can prepare any type of large batches of recipes and use them regularly. But if you have a budget issue, you can select the Artisan.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Kitchenaid Artisan vs Professional
|Does the Artisan version contain a pasta attachment?
Yes, it comes with a pasta attachment, and it works great for preparing the pasta.
How much flour can the Pro KitchenAid handle?
The mixer can handle up to 3 kg of flour, including water so that you can prepare a large batch of dough.
Will they work on 220v?
The mixers are designed for the 110v-120v, the USA, and Canadian electrical standards, but they also run at the 220v if you purchase an adapter.
Do they design tilt-head?
Yes, the mixers are designed with a very convenient tilt-head for adding some ingredients to the bowl.
What is the warranty period?
Both come with a one-year limited warranty, and the manufacturer is very confident as they are made from high-end materials.
Check out more kitchen Mixer comparisons below.
- KitchenAid Classic Vs Artisan
- Kitchenaid professional 5 plus vs artisan
- KitchenAid Ultra Power vs Artisan
I am working in the Kitchen Industry for the last five years, as well as with Baby Care items. My motive is to help readers find the best Kitchen essentials or whoever needs to purchase Baby Care Items.
I utilize my knowledge to help people get the best within their budget range.
I love trying different dishes so I have to purchase different kinds of crockeries. So, I am pretty sure I can provide you with the information on what you should look for when purchasing any Kitchen Essentials.
Before going to the market, ask yourself a few questions to make your purchasing process easier.
- How often do you need to cook?
- Do you have a large family or a small one?
- Your budget.
- Can you compare products?
And when you want to purchase any Baby Items, then ask yourself -
- How old is your baby?
- The material.
- Your budget.
You can check out some of my writings on Kitchen Items and Baby Care as well. I describe the features in detail for your convenience.
Follow or ask me anything about Kitchen or Baby Items on social media.
- coffee grinders2022.08.31Breville Smart Grinder Pro vs Baratza Encore – Which one to pick?
- coffee grinders2022.08.31Baratza Sette 30 vs 270 – Choose Baratza Sette 270 & Why?
- Baby Car Seat2022.08.30Chicco Nextfit vs Graco Extend2fit – Check why Nextfit is Better!
- Baby Carrier2022.08.29Ergobaby Omni 360 Cool Air Mesh vs Cotton – Which one is Best!