KitchenAid Classic and Classic Plus are very similar. That’s why it is a little difficult to select the right one. If you want better performance, capacity, power, and durability, then Classic Plus would be the best pick here.
Why Classic Plus is the best pick?
- Classic Plus has 275 motor wattage which makes it better than Classic. Because the Classic is built with 250 motor power, it can not provide quick mixing, whereas Classic Plus can do it easily.
- The power hub of the Classic Plus is better as it is more versatile than the older mixer. From shredding chicken to making pasta, the machine is capable of doing everything in between.
- Both have the same 10-speed control, but the Classic Plus is convenient as it has better motor power that ensures the speed level runs quicker to give you the recipe in seconds.
Better motor power changes the whole mixing game here. If you think these features are handy for you, you can check its best price.
Similarities Between the Kitchenaid Classic vs Classic Plus
- The stand mixers have the same dimension and weight, as well as share the same bowl capacity.
- They have a tilt-head design for the convenience of use and also come with the same mixing attachments.
- Both machines bowl allows you to use 6.75 dozen per batch.
- They are built with a one-year limited warranty, and you can expect the mixers to last for more than 4 to 5 years.
- When it comes to cleaning the attachments, they allow you to keep them in the dishwasher.
As you can see, they both share many similarities, yet the three convenient features made the KitchenAid Classic Plus a better stand mixer for you.
|Specifications||Kitchenaid Classic||Kitchenaid Classic Plus|
|Editor’s Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Dimension||14 x 8.8 x 14 inches||14.1 x 8.7 x 13.9 inches|
|Bowl Capacity||4.5 qt||4.5 qt|
|Weight||22 pounds||22 pounds|
|Bowl Material||Brushed Stainless Steel||Brushed Stainless Steel|
|Flat Beater||Nylon Coated||Nylon Coated|
|Dough Hook||C-Shaped Nylon Coated||C-Shaped Nylon Coated|
|Usage||6.75 Dozen||6.75 Dozen|
|Color||1 Color Available||1 Color Available|
Differences and Similarities between KitchenAid Classic and Classic Plus
The Classic Plus motor is a bit more powerful than the Classic version. It has a 275 motor. On the other side, the Classic contains a 250 motor. The updated version will run a little bit faster than the older version. So you’ll get your recipe ready within a matter of time.
Easy to Install
In terms of the installation, they are the same, plus it’s easier to use. First, attach the bowl to the mixer, then add the mixing attachment that you need. And then, add the ingredients to the bowl and start the machine. That’s all you’ve to do, first assemble the machine, then start using it.
The speed settings are robust and let you do any task or recipe that you want. Both have sufficient power so that you can mix wet and dry ingredients in a single batch. You can knead bread dough, prepare batter for cake, and make whipping cream, and so on. However, start the machine at a slower speed to avoid flour puff or ingredients splashing.
You will get clear access to the bowl and the attached accessories as both are designed with a tilt-head. It’s beneficial as you don’t need to take the hassle of disassembling the bowl and pouring ingredients. However, the locking head keeps the bowl in place and effectively stays in place.
Both mixers have the same 4.5 qt bowl capacity that is made from stainless steel material. The 4.5 qt bowl offers you enough capacity so that you can mix 6.5 dozen cookies dough, mashed potatoes, 6 pounds, and 3 loaves of bread in a single batch.
They feature a power hub that makes your mixer into a culinary center. To use the power of your stand mixer, the mixers include 15 attachments. And you can shred parmesan cheese within seconds or make pasta from scratch, shred chicken or beef, and much more.
The mixers are versatile so that you can prepare your favorite recipe in them in a matter of time. From ice cream to green juice to cake batter, you can prepare everything in between.
Planetary Mixing Action
KitchenAid Classic and Classic Plus have 59 59-Point Planetary Mixing Action, which means per rotation to incorporate the ingredients, the 59 touch points rotate around the bowl. And for the comprehensive mixing, it will give great coverage.
They come with the user manual, including a recipe book, a 4.5-quart stainless steel bowl, coated dough hook, flat beater, and 6-wire whip. For quick and easy cleaning, the accessories are dishwasher-safe.
KitchenAid Classic and Classic Plus cover a one-year warranty for any manufacturer issue. You can repair the parts free of cost within the period. They are constructed from sturdy material to provide a better lifespan.
You can see that both mixers share almost the same features, but the motor power makes the KitchenAid Classic Plus the best. I highly recommend you to go with Classic Plus; it will prepare your recipe quicker than the Classic version. So investing in the Classic Plus will be worth your money.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Kitchenaid Classic vs Classic Plus
|Can I prepare bread dough in Classic?
Yes, it can prepare bread dough perfectly in the KitchenAid Classic.
Do I need to adjust the bowl?
Yes, sometimes you may need to adjust the bowl so that it stays in place.
What is their motor power of them?
The KitchenAid Classic comes with 250 motor power, while the Classic Plus has a 275-wattage motor.
What is the bowl size?
Both of them come with a 4.5 qt bowl capacity that is made from stainless steel.
Do they provide other attachments?
Yes, they come with a few handy attachments so that you can prepare your recipe without any significant issues.
Check out more kitchen Mixer comparisons below.
- KitchenAid Classic Vs Artisan
- Kitchenaid Artisan vs Professional
- KitchenAid professional 5 plus vs 600
I am working in the Kitchen Industry for the last five years, as well as with Baby Care items. My motive is to help readers find the best Kitchen essentials or whoever needs to purchase Baby Care Items.
I utilize my knowledge to help people get the best within their budget range.
I love trying different dishes so I have to purchase different kinds of crockeries. So, I am pretty sure I can provide you with the information on what you should look for when purchasing any Kitchen Essentials.
Before going to the market, ask yourself a few questions to make your purchasing process easier.
- How often do you need to cook?
- Do you have a large family or a small one?
- Your budget.
- Can you compare products?
And when you want to purchase any Baby Items, then ask yourself -
- How old is your baby?
- The material.
- Your budget.
You can check out some of my writings on Kitchen Items and Baby Care as well. I describe the features in detail for your convenience.
Follow or ask me anything about Kitchen or Baby Items on social media.
- Sony2022.06.01Sony a7 vs a7r – Learn Why Sony a7 is Better than a7r!
- Coffee & Espresso Machine2022.05.30Breville Infuser vs Barista Express – Check & get the best one
- Baby Monitor2022.05.30Nanit vs Nanit Plus – Check what make Nanit Plus Best Monitor!
- Cookware2022.05.30All Clad D5 vs Copper Core – Which cookware should be your pick?